chrishick

2000 Volvo VNL610 ***SOLD***

Well, I’m finally getting around to listing the “marshmallow” for sale. The 5th wheel is gone and we no longer have any use for the truck. We’ve had some good times with this truck so it’s kind of sad to see it go. We’ve owned it for a little over 7 years now. It had 693,000 miles when we bought it and it has 739,000 now, so we’ve only put 46,000 on it since we’ve owned it. I custom built the body myself 4-5 years ago. You can see the photos of the bed build here https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/sredir?uname=chrishick610&target=ALBUM&id=5122461924297787089&authkey=Gv1sRgCLetsNi7mN-u-wE&feat=email

You can see recent photos of the truck here http://www.dropbox.com/l/Fh3YD9fQ6RjWBynfxI1NXu

I’m sure I’ve forgotten a ton of details so just ask if you have any questions. Asking price is $30,000

2000 Volvo VNL610

739,000 miles

435hp Cummins N14+

10 speed Easton autoshift

New easy pedal clutch

Distance from back of cab to ceter of kingpin = 118"

Wheelbase = 188"

4 new NAPA batteries

Front tires are Yokohama about 2 years old, probably less than 1,000 miles of use.

Rear tires are Firestone, probably about 7 years old, lots of tread left and no signs of dryrot or cracking.

32,000lb Trailer saver air ride hitch.

Custom built rear body. Deck is ¼” steel sheet and sides are 3/16” steel. The toolboxes have always been bone dry and do not leak. Built to carry a golf cart but could fit a smart car if you remove the fairings from the rear of the cab.

Has 2 cameras pre wired, one on back of cab and one above license plate. Pre-wired for 3 cameras on trailer. It currently does not have a monitor in the cab so you would have to add that.

Small refrigerator.

2500w power inverter.

Double bunk.

New brakes.

Leather seats in great shape.

All LED lighting on rear body.

Recent full service and misc other small repairs.

Truck is located in Sarasota FL

Titled as a motorhome in Montana with permanent tags.

Known problems.

Passenger side power window doesn’t work, pretty sure it’s a bad switch.

Gear display for transmission is intermittent. I’m working on fixing it, but a new one is $300.

Has some blemishes on the body but nothing major. Some small rust spots around hitch that should be an easy repair.

Both rear toolboxes have some rust and will need some sheet metal work.

Edited by Chris Hick

Good gawd...I sincerely hope something like this is available when we're ready to take the plunge. GLWS.

BTW, has the engine ever had any major work done to it?

Edited by spindrift

Good gawd...I sincerely hope something like this is available when we're ready to take the plunge. GLWS.

BTW, has the engine ever had any major work done to it?

None that I'm aware of or that the previous owner told me about. Before it came out of commercial service? Your guess is as good as mine.

Yes, still for sale. Email sent.bme

I am trying to build a bed similar to the one you did on your truck. Could you please e-mail me. I would like to know how far the rear bumper is off the ground. I do not have fairings on my truck so don't have any reference for the height of the sides and ground clearance with air on. Any help you could give me would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Quentin Nicks

idahoqln@gmail.com

I am new to this forum so forgive me if I am not doing this correctly. If the truck is still for sale, I would like to come and take a look. You can contact me at richdoreen7@gmail.com.

Rich Richerson