thor class b+ motor rv's

ganto

whats peoples opinions on the thor class b+ rv's are they decent?? just trying to make up my mind wich way i'm gonna go. when pricing and comparing different models it seems like everythings in the same price bracket anyways. I drove a benz sprinter and putting 200 plus k miles on the motor with no problems. the one thing that I like about thor is they will option in a diesel genset if you want it. after talking with people that have the LP gensets and if there running em hard then there refueling every day to every other day :(. I would rather use the propane for something else like hot water

• 1 month later...

We have an Airstream Interstate for our travels around the Northeast and Eastern Canada. The propane gen is a pain. Get the diesel generator if you can.

Karen

Roger & Karen

Roger USN Captain (retired) submarine service

Karen Captain (retired) pilot

2014 Winnebago Tour 42GD

Toad Chevy Avalanche

Travel six months

At home in coastal Maine six months

• 4 weeks later...

We have an Airstream Interstate for our travels around the Northeast and Eastern Canada. The propane gen is a pain. Get the diesel generator if you can.

Karen

I refuse to buy a propane genset there a pain and there fuel hogs to. I always insisted on a diesel genset over a propane one!!! I just bought a road trek e trek that that's a diesel fired system for hot water and a wabasco heater in the bunk pretty amazing set up with the solar panels and all with a 4000 watt genset in the engine. but if it's sunny out I can go a weekend without running the genset. I have yet to run the AC to see how long that lasts!! I never liked propane lower btu's than diesel and in califorina it's almost 3.00 a gallon last time I looked that's what diesel is going for right now!! though I wish it was 20 ft and not almost 22 ft :rolleyes::ph34r:. and the water heater in it is on demand and instant. i'm just wondering about the extra wear on the EGR and the DPF from excessive idling when charging of the batteries is needed!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i'm gonna bring it to the shop and see what's going on with it. they say the batteries last 10 hours with the heat or ac running. i'm not even getting 5 hours out of em with the ac going. the engine will kick on un 5 hours and rev upto 2400 rpm's and kick in the generator :blink:. I heard a lot of horror stories with the new emissions engines with the DPF'S and EGR'S going out no problems yet though

Archived