travel trailer for winter use

ganto

Outdoors RV, Northwoods, Nash, Artic Fox. All owned by the same family, same quality. I own an Outdoors RV Timber Ridge 24RLS. We are extremely happy with this unit. My nephew is a lineman and has lived in his 24RKS for 3 years in the Northwest on different jobs. He's the reason I bought mine.

Are we lost? No honey we're directionally challenged.

• 2 weeks later...

Every RV used full-time is used during all four seasons. The question really should be about how well a particular RV handles the extremes that the OWNER expects to encounter. If the lowest temperature expected is 40* and the highest is 90* most RVs can handle that. We handled -8* for two nights without any difficulties, but that isn't what we normally plan for.

Some people call full-timing "chasing 70." If the temperature isn't around 70, go somewhere else where it is.

David Lininger, kb0zke
1993 Foretravel U300 40' (sold)
2022 Grand Design Reflection 315RLTS

You'll often hear/read about "four season" campers. That's what you want, but don't believe most of that. I've seen "four season" campers advertised that are far from it in the north. In Alabama they might be fours season campers, but not in North Dakota.
As kb0zke said, full-time used RV is the most practical solution. So heaters, better isolation might work. I've never lived in a camper during the harsh winter, but from what others tell me, dual pane windows are a must have, both for warmth and for controlling moisture around the windows (or another option is rv dehumidifier installed inside your camper). They're optional on the better brands.

upd: recently we've met an Arctic fox full-timer and he provided us with some feedback. He told us that he had his AF in cold weather in the high 20's, hot weather over 105, wind over 50mph and lots of steady heavy rain. Never a worry - never an issue, and used only an electrical heater during the extremely harsh winter days. 

Archived