Sign in to follow this  
EKBendana

Sold - Only pay $100 per month for 10 hrs PER week work!

This is off topic, but how do you post those large pic's?

Within the reply box , click on the icon that looks like a Polaroid picture . That brings up an box where the image url can be inserted .

You can use PhotoBucket to hold the pictures and the button that looks like a picture of a shrub to link them in.

Photobucket forum use:

open photobucket and select picture

right-click the image and open in new tab

Copy the URL up to the ?=00000 part

On the forum click the little shrub icon, image tool-tip and paste the URL in the pop-up

Dropbox, Google and a lot of others work too, there is a discussion down in the testing forum that has more info.

Cynical bunch here. The gentleman made an offer which to some may sound like a great deal. But others

may look at it as a not for them scenario, which is fine. Is there really any reason to take it past

simply that. If you have no interest in accepting it, there is really no reason to do the math for the

next guy who comes along. I'm sure that a couple hours of work a week in return for some beautiful

solitude. Not to mention, when is the last time you got a $100 electric bill for an entire month.

The really easy way to post photos here is to go to this site and follow the directions. The site was developed for another forum, but the links it generates work here as well.

I tried it, but after selecting a photo I couldn't find where it went????

I tried it, but after selecting a photo I couldn't find where it went????

Do you mean where it goes on this site ?

Simply paste the image code from Dropbox into the reply box here .

Hi to everyone, I am a Campground Owner and came here looking for information "How and where to find Campworkers" After seeing the responce to this mans request for help makes me wonder if I dare post request for a Camp worker. Granted he did not give a lot of information, but help clean a site 2 hours a day for free site -minus the power sounds fair to me. What do camp workers look for when going thru the help wanted. Thanks to all for any information you can give me.

Happy Camping.

Hi to everyone, I am a Campground Owner and came here looking for information "How and where to find Campworkers" After seeing the responce to this mans request for help makes me wonder if I dare post request for a Camp worker. Granted he did not give a lot of information, but help clean a site 2 hours a day for free site -minus the power sounds fair to me. What do camp workers look for when going thru the help wanted. Thanks to all for any information you can give me.

Happy Camping.

Workampers vary as much as the general population so to pin it down to a few things is impossible. What many workampers expect is a reasonable exchange of site and amenities for their work. Lets set volunteering in a state or national park aside for now and concentrate on a for-profit campground.

I'll speak for myself here - others will require more or less. What we look for is no more than 15 hrs a week combined for the site. Unless the site is highly valued - like in a beach resort - that is generally around the monthly rate in value. Take the monthly rate and divide it by the number of work hours and you should come out above the minimum wage. That approximately values the campsite in hours of labor. However, in high priced sites - like at the beach during the season or in mountain resorts - that formula may not apply.

We also look for amenities. Like free propane, free electric, good wifi, etc. Only then would we consider what the work is, and if we are interested in that work. The key is to properly value your site. It should be valued at the "most" at the monthly rate. If you have a seasonal rate then it should be valued at that.

Good information that goes BOTH ways. We can learn a lot from reading and trying to understand that a valuable relationship has benefits to all involved. Thanks for posting.

Safe Travels!

What do camp workers look for when going thru the help wanted. Thanks to all for any information you can give me.

Welcome to the Escapee forums! Glad that you have joined in.

I think that Jack has given you a pretty good answer as far as can be given with no more information than we have. I'm not sure why but folks seem to have a problem with paying for any utilities while working for the site. I suspect that the reaction would be the same if an RV park were to offer something similar to that. He would likely get more positive results if he had asked for more than the 10 hours, perhaps 15 hours per week and the electricity free. Most people who work for a site expect to not pay for anything associated with the site.

I've paid $20 a night for some pretty crappy campsites. $100 per month and a little work to get the blood flowing seems like a good deal to me. I grew up in ne Georgia so I wouldn't mind any time but summer. Growing up in the south, you learn one thing at an early age....if you don't have something nice to say, consider keeping your mouth shut. There really isn't a need for all the negativity on this post. If it ain't for you, don't go. Why be rude and run off others who might have just the deal you want?

If one was able to work hard like this request, why would you not get a job and make money for your work? Then pay your own expenses.

For starters, if you want to park your home at a nice site in the blue ridge mountains your options for work will be somewhat limited. You would have to work the schedule your boss demands instead of setting your own schedule. You would likely be burning significant gas to get to your job instead of just walking out your door. I'm sure I could come up with more reasons, but that is a few things I would consider.

Let me see if I understand this right, you would want ME to pay YOU $100 a month to clear YOUR land, is that right ?

{laughing hard at your comment}

:) This was not to bad of a deal for some who are physically fit; most of the work campers are older retired folks and want to work at hosting; cashiering for limited hours; or any light duty work; that is what retiring from a labourous life is most important to most! There are a few who would partake of heavier labor. what might take a 20-40 yr. old 2 hours could take longer as age progresses! :P:P

:D I always was a getter-done type of laborous worker and went my health went South I understood what some people said to me; " slow down and smell the coffee!.