Elio Motors

RV_

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Too late,

I already sent them a link to this thread and my website, told them I would be more than happy to buy one of the 100 since I am close they can also check it out as I go.

tresamigos.gif

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

• 3 months later...

My last emails with Elio answered today!

I sent them this last Friday:

"I was one of the first wave of folks to opt in for a car. $100 for a retired USAF Sergeant is significant. As well, I live in the Shreveport area and am seeing nothing about beginning manufacturing, nor do I see any signs that you are getting ready. When can I see some sign that cars will actually be produced, aside from the prototypes. And why are they not being made in the future factory here in Shreveport? Derek"

And today I got a reply:

"Hello Derek,
Thanks for reaching out and your support.
We are currently targeting 2017 for consumer production to begin. We are planning on selling 100 pre-production vehicles later this year for a fleet customer to drive to further refine the driving characteristics and reliability and move from there to consumer production as the requisite funding comes to fruition. From there, we will fill orders for our reservation holders starting with the $1000 All In group all the way through the $100 refundable group. These first 100 pre-production vehicles will be assembled in the factory in Shreveport. LA.
Let us know if there is anything else we can help with.
Thanks,
Elio Team"

I am sending this back:

"Thank you so much for the response.
I am excited that the 100 Pre-production vehicles will be assembled here. Could you please let me know when I can take a tour, have a look, visit, see where the cars are parked, take pictures? I have a website I am about to overhaul and start with some new tech things that I am working on or with.

A lot of RV folks from all over the US that have been watching my posts about it would get a kick out of pictures, as a few of them went in for the $100, and others were skeptical to say the least: http://www.rvnetwork.com/index.php?showtopic=112263&page=4

I would love to be one of the first to post pictures of the former GM factory here actually beginning to operate and being set up for the 100 Pre-production models.
Now I am getting excited! I want my Elio!

Best of luck for a smooth ramp up.
Derek

I am actually back to believing it will be happening before I am on Medicare! (I just turned 64! ;) )

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

I just got this Shreveport tour video from Elio today. Good article and the 10 minute video shows the factory as it was left, ready to crank back up easier than building from scratch. They even left a partially assembled truck body on the line that you can see in the video. It remains to be seen when they will start to make the manufacturing plant actually making test runs of the Elios. Maybe that $100.00 deposit will be worth more than the T-Shirt for those of us who jumped in for a place in the preorder line.

Excerpt:

"Elio Motors Momentum

Inside Shreveport: A guided tour with Plant Manager Doug Frick

At Elio Motors, we’re making progress every day. You’ve heard about a lot of our major milestones recently – nearly $17 million raised through Regulation A+, opening the Pilot Operations Center in Livonia, Mich., and introducing the first E-Series vehicle, the E1A, the first of 23 vehicles to be used for testing and validation purposes.

We’re also hard at work down in Shreveport getting the manufacturing facility ready. This morning, we issued a news release about our Plant Manager, Doug Frick. He’s a former General Motors team member and brings more than 20 years of production expertise to the team.

We thought you might like to see some of the things underway down in Shreveport – and who better to take you on a guided tour of our future production line than Doug Frick himself? "

The article with more and the 10 minute video for those who have the bandwidth is here: https://www.eliomotors.com/inside-the-elio-motors-shreveport-manufacturing-facility-elio-momentum-v62/

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

Derek, as you know I'm a big fan and "rooter" for Elio. But I really think it is 50/50 if they actually go into consumer production. Right now they just don't have the money to do it. No matter how you cut it.

They do have the technology and they do have the design, though. So hopefully they will get there. I'm just not as hopeful as some. I'll probably buy one if they hit the market and live up to the potential....or even get close. By then my new 2016 smart will be at least a few years old :)

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

Jack,

Agreed, that is why I mentioned the GM truck body still sitting where it was when they closed the GM factory. Essentially that tour involved 1. Turning the electricity back on, 2. Fixing all the bulbs over the areas you were going to film. 3. Drive the golf cart around the large empty building.

They now say 2017 but that they are going to assemble the 100 test prototypes to be delivered to a commercial fleet customer for beta testing. 50/50 is better than where I was80/20 they would not. if they indeed gear up some of the factory to build the 100 in a real "test run" of the factory, then I will be 60/40 in favor of their going into production. It is one thing to discuss something from across the country or world, quite another to be where the new manufacturing is supposed to take shape.

I do hope they male it into production soon. We will see within six months, no?

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

• 4 weeks later...

For those that have a non refundable deposit already on the Elio. Price is now $7,300 for a basic model not the $6,800 first advertised.

That price will be for the first 65,000 that put down a non refundable $$$. After that price probably will go up.

I thought the $6,800 was almost to low to believe.

Full Time since Oct. 1999
99 Discovery 34Q DP | ISB
Datastorm | VMSpc | Co-Pilot Live | Pressure Pro
2014 MKS Twin Turbo V6 365 HP Toad
369070033.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I never believed the $6800 or the 84 mpg. You cannot depend on those numbers when you do not even have the auto to test with, or the engine even designed yet. They were GOALS...as they have often stated.

As far as "nothing they have ever say is true", I would not go that far. They have engineered and built a car....several, actually. And are now building a bunch fro testing in the real world. They may or may not enter production, but they certainly have gotten close. It is an interesting car and very ambitious. I'll likely buy one if and when they produce them - assuming they are close to the vision.

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

They still have some(7,000 est) of the 65,000 non refundable deposits yet to fill.

A non refundable deposit even if it is never built? I will wait until they are built for a while and get all the bugs out.

Elio Motors

Here are some options that will raise that $7,300 price.

- Tire Pressure Monitoring System (38%) – Rather than getting out your pocket tire guage, a new option is growing in popularity which is why this safety-related option garnered the most interest.
- Rear Spoiler (38%) – Okay, we know the Elio is a practical solution to your transportation needs, but we also know our customers want practicality and style to go hand-in-hand. The Elio lends itself well to a multitude of sporty options, with its unique lines and shape.
- Enhanced Speakers (34%) – Did we mention that as a very personal brand of transportation, the Elio can also offer a unique audio experience? Perhaps we should also position the Elio’s interior as a rolling boombox.
- Park Assist (34%) – If you’re not a world-class parallel parker, Park Assist will help de-stress some of the most nerve-wracking driving maneuvers that most do their best to avoid whenever possible.
- Enhanced Removable Stereo (33%) – Although the Enhanced Removable Stereo pairs well with the Enhanced Speakers, the stereo is as much about mobility options for your lifestyle (read: portability of your tunes), as it is about premium sound.
- Retro Wheels & Fenders (29%) – Again, safety and fuel mileage are essential, but nothing says “stylin” like a classic retro look.

369070033.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Jack,

You and me both. I have a non refundable deposit, and I live 20 miles from the old GM plant they are using. I will be sneaking over every now and again to see when they actually get underway.

Biker,

I saw that list, or part of it anyway. I love the look.

I think they will go into production and go for 200 years.

I even think that's silly. All overgeneralizations are false, including this one!

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

I have a non refundable deposit, and I live 20 miles from the old GM plant they are using. I will be sneaking over every now and again to see when they actually get underway.

Biker,

I saw that list, or part of it anyway. I love the look.

I think they will go into production and go for 200 years.

I even think that's silly. All overgeneralizations are false, including this one!

Does that non refundable mean if they never go into production they will keep the $$$?

Still 6,030 reservations available.

369070033.jpg

September 17, 2016

Hello,

Over the last several weeks you have learned about the recently announced set $7,300* base price for the Elio for “All In” non-refundable reservation holders, up to 65,000 total reservations. Since this announcement, the response has been overwhelmingly positive. In fact, we have more binding commitments to date than many major models sold over the same time period. This is a true testament to the demand for this much needed project. We are grateful to you, our fans, for your passion and commitment to Elio Motors.

As you know, we submitted an application to the Department of Energy’s (DOE) Advanced Technology Vehicles Manufacturing (ATVM) loan program. Our application is currently under review by the DOE, and we continue to work with the DOE to address the requirements of the loan program. On August 12, we sent you an email containing certain statements regarding the ATVM loan program. As one of Elio Motors’ customers and/or investors, you may have questions regarding the status of our loan application in light of these statements. We would like you to know that the DOE has not given any indication whether our 65,000 target reservation number or our binding commitment offer will be sufficient to satisfy the requirements of the ATVM loan program. There are also many additional requirements which still need to be satisfied before the ATVM loan program can consider approving our loan application and potentially fund for our planned project.

To further clarify, we would like to address the following additional questions that you may have regarding your reservation in light of our binding commitment program.

• If Elio Motors gets non-binding commitments, does that mean it will get the Advanced Technology Vehicles Manufacturing (ATVM) loan?
    There are multiple criteria that must be met and we continue to work diligently to achieve them. Additionally, we have been clear that this is our attempt to satisfy one of several ATVM written criteria. Elio Motors implemented the binding commitment process to help better define the level of commitment that you, our non-refundable reservation holders, have for purchasing the Elio upon production. At the same time, the goal of this special price lock program is to strengthen our position to further validate to the ATVM loan program and other stakeholders the extraordinary market acceptance for this product.
  • If Elio Motors reaches 65,000 total reservations, it there a guarantee that it will be awarded the ATVM loan?
    The 65,000 number relates to the total reservations in which our non-refundable reservation holders have the opportunity to set the base price of their Elio at $7,300, with the opportunity to save an additional $300 by signing a binding commitment.
  • Does my “All In” non-refundable reservation confirm that I am going to purchase the Elio once in production? So, why do I need to sign a binding commitment?
    The “All In” non-refundable reservation secures your place in line (or spot in line at the $1,000 reservation level), supports our continued development and heightens your commitment level over the refundable option, along with other benefits. With an “All In” reservation, both new and existing, also receive the reservation bonus (currently 25%), limited edition t-shirt and bumper sticker. The binding commitment is your agreement to purchase the Elio once in production.
  • My “All In” reservation is non-refundable, so does that lock in the $7,000 base vehicle price?
    Not automatically. In this process, your “All In” non-refundable reservation does two things for you: it sets the price of the vehicle at $7,300; and allows you the opportunity to receive an additional $300 in savings by locking in the base price of your Elio at $7,000 with the signed binding commitment.

Thank you for your continued support and passion.

The Elio Team

369070033.jpg

I believe that non-refundable means that you are SOL if they never go into production. I did a $100.00 deposit and have joked from the beginning that I may have a $100.00 designer T-Shirt that only cost ten bucks to make , if that, just like all the other designer T-Shirts.

I risked more than a few multiples of $7k when I invested in Tesla. And I will pay cash for my Elio as long as it comes in within 10% or so in price and fuel consumption.

My $100.00 is also non-refundable if they never go into production. I knew that going in, and have no problem with that.

Tesla's deposits are refundable. Elio's are non-refundable.

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

D and J We found a BLM camp on the way to Dead Horse Point. We are 65 ft. long.... no problem in several sites. worked for us. On the right side, BLM about 1/2 half mile off road. nothing fancy, good location to 4X4 or atv, hikeing and ect. Other camps are very good also in the area of Moab. Keep cool OU812

Our location ...St Louis ,Mo. been in area for a week.. looking around. . heads south west. Rained...3 in,.... and in the 80's....last week end, Fuel $ 2.00 a gal. +/-. getting 8.5 mpg Problems, lost the flush valve on stool.. and lost all the fresh water, 50/60 gal., on this trip, . got that under control, and more water. All is well. B) OU812

And this relates to Elio how? :rolleyes:

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

D&J,

I haven't seen one yet, or their commercials but when they get into production here, I will report on it.

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

Since you can purchase stock in Elio on the OTC market, I went to my Schwab account and did just that. The IPO was in March for $75 share, now trading at $19.50. But there again I have a stock certificate on my wall for a hundred shares of Studebaker-Packard.

I am not an investor but I watch them on TV.

Jeff Beyer temporarily retired from Trailer Transit
2000 Freightliner Argosy Cabover
2008 Work and Play 34FK
Homebase NW Indiana, no longer full time

Since you can purchase stock in Elio on the OTC market, I went to my Schwab account and did just that. The IPO was in March for $75 share, now trading at $19.50. But there again I have a stock certificate on my wall for a hundred shares of Studebaker-Packard.

Heck , that should be worth something . ;)

Goes around , comes around .

It would be interesting to see what some collector might pay for your Studebaker stock. I wish that I had a picture of my first car which was a 1949 Studebaker Champion. :P

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Priceless! Me too!

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

Archived