Elio Motors

RV_

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 months later...

Well it is all over but waiting for the fat lady to sing.

Shreveport is fed up with Paul Elio and his eternal excuses.

Excerpt:

"SHREVEPORT, La -

Stuart Lichter: Shreveporters may not recognize him, but he's being summoned to Shreveport.

Caddo Parish Commissioners believe Lichter holds the answers to Elio Motors, its future and what role it may have at the former GM Plant after its disappointing filing with the securities and exchange commission.

Lichter is the reason Elio Motors was brought to Caddo Parish, with its promises of providing 15-hundred jobs. Lichter is an Elio majority shareholder and the lease holder of the former GM building where Elio is supposed to manufacture it's vehicles. Elio has until July 1, 2017 to create 15-hundred new jobs in Caddo Parish, or face a 7.5 million dollar penalty.

Lichter and company touted three years ago, how Elio would bring those jobs to Shreveport. It's now 2017, and Elio has failed to produce jobs and its energy-efficient 3-wheeled vehicles. 

Elio's recent Securities and Exchange filings also reveal Elio has less than 121-thousand in cash reserves and maintains it may cease to exist without an infusion of 375 million in cash.

With that in mind, today, Caddo Parish's development board sent a strong message to Mr. Lichter, who is at the center  of the controversy.

"Today the board voted to ask Stuart Lichter to come and talk to the IDB and the Parish and update everybody as to what he's doing, and what he expect to happen at the plant." said attorney David Wolfe. "Its frustrating that Elio is not running and more jobs are not there now."

Lichter, who is based out of California, owns Shreveport business park, which leases the former GM plant from Caddo Parish's Industrial Development Board. 

Lichter has since subleased the facility to Elio Motors and Hyundai Glovis.

The board is expected to question Lichter about the status of sub-lease payments that Lichter is supposed to pay the Parish 15% of, and the status of Elio Motors after reporting it had furloughed its employees and does not anticipate making a profit until 2018.

The board has not determined the date Lichter will appear in Shreveport."

The rest of that article and local news video are here:

http://www.ktbs.com/story/35325275/elio-boss-summoned-to-shreveport

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

More news coming as the local Sheriff completed his investigation. Paul Elio Appears to be creating a salary for himself and not much else. He will be fined millions for his default if he fails to follow through this time.

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

Paul Elio met with Shreveport city officials today and I'll report back once I see what happened.

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

Hey Dougdogs! Missed that until just now. I had seen them before they had it ready for market. But

ELF Solo

Starting at $8,895.00

What is the range of the battery?

With the standard battery pack, tests have shown a 170 lb. rider going over light hills, with modest sunlight on a mild day, and travelling at 15 mph, can travel 18 miles with NO PEDALING. With pedaling, many ELF riders can go 30 miles or more.

Can you extend the range by adding more batteries?

Yes. Some customers have quadrupled the standard battery pack.

What kind of batteries are used in Organic Transit vehicles?

Organic Transit uses high-end Lithium-ion battery packs with sophisticated battery management systems. Our battery packs are tested for quality and guaranteed for 12 months. They come sealed in a custom case for easy portability and all-weather use, and use a standard Anderson SB50 Powerpole connector for easy connection and disconnection.

How long does the battery take to recharge?

The battery pack charges fully from 0% to 100% in 2.5 to 4 hours using the included charger. The charger plugs in to any standard wall outlet.

The standard 100W solar panel on the roof acts as a trickle charger when the vehicle is parked in sunlight. The recharge time is dependent on how much sunlight is available. With full sunlight the battery can be completely recharged in about 8 hours.

They even have a two-seater. 20 mph and 18 mile range with the standard battery would be OK for around campgrounds. I still would love to see the Elio for even close to the mpg and price.

Kirk, Eilo? You mean Elio? Neither Elio or ELF have had an IPO and are privately held, so no you can't buy stock in either one. If you want to invest in the ELF be my guest. But may I suggest you buy one first since they are available already. ;)

I figure it will be two years before my reservation for a Model 3 comes up so I just bought an 18 month old Hyundai Elantra with 30k miles. Now we have to decide which car goes, her 2012 Kia Rio five door hatchback, or the 2009 Chevy HHR. I need to put tires on the HHR before putting it up for sale.

2012KiaRioMobile_zps730f3795.jpg

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

• 2 months later...

Well we sold her tiny KIA and put my SH into a 2015 Hyundai Elantra with all the goodies and 30k miles. I put a flame wrap on the front of my HHR so it looks more like a hot rod from the 50s and 60s.

Elio is in big trouble:

"Elio Motors Faces $545,000 Fine, Charged by State of Louisiana for Operating without a License"

Read the details here:

https://www.crowdfundinsider.com/2017/07/119622-elio-motors-faces-545000-fine-charged-state-louisana-operating-without-license/

It is gone in my book. But stranger biz resurrections have happened.

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

On 5/12/2017 at 5:45 AM, Kirk Wood said:

Can we buy stock in them rather than Eilo?    :P

Good idea Elio wont make it to many promises not fulfilled ! they were advertising on FB and their advertised mileage I questioned and could never get a straight answer and it's actually a very cheap box built around a motorcycle with no actual wind dynamics. Just totally forget about the price and compare it to the Polaris 3-wheeler with a diesel motor no less, Now we're talking streamlined perfection not some backyard dream.

Jim Spence

2000 Dodge 3500 1 ton QC 4x4 dually 5.9 diesel LB

BD exhaust brake, 6 spd manual trans

34CKTS Cedar Creek 5er, Trail-Air hitch

Yeah,

Ya win some and ya lose some. My winner is Tesla and my loser the $100 deposit I gave Elio. Been there, done that, got the T-Shirt.

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

KIrk,

I was at first confused because my last comment was about my winner Tesla, which gains in the hundreds of thousands of dollars more than offset the $100 bucks I lose when Elio augurs in.

Then I realized it was the Elio chart. Here is another link to that chart with all the headers etc:

http://www.marketwatch.com/investing/stock/ELIO

I crossed Elio off as a loss a year ago.

But ya never know, miracles have happened. Like Yogi said, "It ain't over till it's over."

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

Tesla has been an interesting venture and continues to be. Some aspects of the operation do seem a bit puzzling but no doubt someone is going to succeed with cars that don't power by petroleum in time. We are about half way between Dallas & Shreveport and several months ago Tesla put in 8 charging stations at the "Collins St. Bakery" near us and just off of I-20.  It seems that it is the only charging station between the two cities. To date, one time we saw two cars using the recharge station at the same time and only occasionally do we see one car there using them. While we pass there several times per week, they are likely used somewhat more than we see, but one does wonder at the cost to put in 8 stations. 

I stopped by to look them over and you have an "800" phone number to call for charging so it seems the bakery has no connection, other than providing the parking spaces that they use. I have seen gas powered cars parked in some of the spaces sometimes since they are all next to the building. From what I read the recharge is free? There must be some benefit to the host business, but as light as the use is, I don't see much increase in business for the host. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Tonight the Model starts deliveries. It's the consumer priced model that 400,000 people put $1000.00 down for a place in line, and is refundable.

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

From today's news locally. For noobs here I live 15 miles from the old GM plant they took over. And I bought a T-Shirt from Elio for $100.00 back when we started this thread.

http://www.arklatexhomepage.com/news/local-news/elio-motors-delays-again/783458097
This should be interesting because Paul Elio has dropped the ball twice a year for at least the last four or five years. 

I'd never invest a penny with him, his company, or any company he works for. I won't cut off my nose to spite my own face however. If he does build it and it is close to the price and mileage I might consider it. Right after I buy my Tesla in 2019.

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

RV...If I were a betting man. I would bet you will receive your New model Tesla before Elio's get into production. :)

Model 3 deliveries are beginning in the US based on whether you are an employee, if you own a Tesla and when you placed your reservation. Reservation holders will receive an email when it’s time to place their order.

Reserve your Model 3 today for delivery in 12 to 18 months.

Full Time since Oct. 1999
99 Discovery 34Q DP | ISB
Datastorm | VMSpc | Co-Pilot Live | Pressure Pro
2014 MKS Twin Turbo V6 365 HP Toad
369070033.jpg

1 hour ago, Biker56 said:

Model 3 deliveries are beginning in the US based on whether you are an employee, if you own a Tesla and when you placed your reservation. Reservation holders will receive an email when it’s time to place their order.

What is the cost to reserve a model 3?

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

32 minutes ago, Kirk Wood said:

What is the cost to reserve a model 3?

Check this link.

Model 3 requires a $1,000 reservation payment.
To pay, choose one of the following options:

own-paymethod-icons-amex.png?20150720
own-payment-radio-pp-lg.png?20150720
Checking Account Debit
checking_acct_num.png?20150720

369070033.jpg

I think so too Biker. I do wish Paul Elio the best of luck, but he has made too many promises he broke, and just does not get closer. He got several million selling the old equipment in the old GM factory. That should also prove interesting when he defaults.

I have been asked to write some articles for a major investing magazine as they like my perspectives and the posts I've made there. They pay folks they have already read. We'll see if I like writing for pay and no deadlines except for defending my thesis in the feedback posts.

I am amazed how many people mix up investing and politics. They don't do well. The Tesla shorts thought the vehicle manufacturers would freeze Tesla out and electrics would die away. But the world answered back and many countries are being added to the list that have outlawed ICE age (Internal Combustion Engine) fossil fueled vehicles by 2030, 2040, and 2050. The countries that will enforce that in their borders include Germany, France, India China the UK and many others as well. The ICE age manufacturers have been doing compliance vehicles only and they kept saying they would have a BEV every next year since 2010 when Tesla and Leaf debuted actual BEVs with style and power. In the seven years since the others have fallen way behind, and many of the financial writers are predicting some big names going belly up in the next few years. There will be plenty of jobs in renewables and building all those cars to replace the ones from the ICE age.

I said this was going to happen and boy have I gotten heat here and elsewhere that just makes me shake my head and say to myself boy are they going to eat some words.

Lots of folks can't understand a momentum story stock like Tesla, Amazon, and Netflix. They think their longs will sell and leave the shorts to make money. I took Amazon ten years to even start to grow into its valuation but it did. No stock panic. Same with Tesla because we are valuing its future profits from energy - batteries and solar for now.

Even Elon's Hyperloop concept he gave away is fully tested and going into production, but Elon is boring now. Tunnels for them.

Tesla has single-handedly changed the course of transportation and soon energy storage as well as production.

And we haven't even mentioned Space X and LEO World Internet as well as Falcon heavy and an end to reliance on Russian Rocket engines. Look for 5000 or so mini sats in a globe circling full coverage Internet grid. And even better they have competition already so it is going to happen Bill Gates wanted to do this with Teledesic just before the turn of the century. But Bill had no rocket company to launch with at low cost compared to the ULA. Orbital who was using Russian engines too has dropped out too I believe.

Change is coming faster than ever.

The rest of the US auto industry will either catch up or find their world markets and foreign suppliers like China dry up seemingly overnight. Like how fast it took records to go to tape then to 8 track then cassettes, then CDs and DVDs and now digital and finally streaming music and videos.

I have the Lost Boys II playing in the background on 1/4 of my computer screen streaming with Sling TV with HBO added for only $35 bucks and still more channels than I watch. OUr Over the air roff antenna and distribution amp bring us another 22 channesl in full HD too.

We stream 4k movies specials and Netflix series too now, as well as Amazon Prime with Our Fire TV boxes not the slower stick with no 4k capability like the full size new ones for 4k high def. Out TV has full ULtra HD 4k too. Cable can't compete except for Internet for now. Until Elon's mini sats take over. So even RVrs can have the same speeds and reliability of signal I have with cable now, but cheaper and everywhere. Remember unlike GEOS satellites the LEO sats have to keep moving so no mountain dead spaces.

Amazing.

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

• 5 months later...

In 2018 Elio is moving aggressively toward production. :)

This may be the year or not production starts.
Is everyone excited about it?

Sorry I was wrong. I didn't see the below quote. :(
"While we work towards our target of starting production in 2019"

All previous deposits may still be good in 2019.

369070033.jpg

Archived