Velos

Looking for Veterinary Office that offers Picture Pet ID's

A Couple years ago a friend showed me her dog's id card from her Vet in Georgia. I thought it was cute but didn't really think about the convenience till we got a dog. Some RV parks ask to see your dog's papers for shot info and we are also thinking of going to Canada next summer and would like to have the ID card for our dog at the boarder crossing.

Our current Vet doesn't offer the service so we are looking for one that does in either Gilbert or Mesa Arizona. Does anyone know of a Vet in Gilbert or Mesa Arizona that offers this service? Thank you.

Here are two samples below:

7777_petIDcard_withArrows_400.jpg

Pet_ID.png

FYI: Even if you have an ID for your pet like the examples, it will not take the place of a rabies vaccination certificate since it does not contain all the information on it required by Canada for taking your pet across the border:

The rabies vaccination certificate must:
  • be written in English or French;
  • be issued and signed by a licensed veterinarian;
  • identify the animal (breed, sex, colour, and weight);
  • state that the animal is vaccinated against rabies;
  • indicate the date of vaccination;
  • indicate the trade name and the serial number of the licensed vaccine; and
  • specify the duration of immunity (otherwise, it will be considered valid for one year from the date of vaccination).

You can find the requirements for taking pets into Canada here:

http://www.inspection.gc.ca/animals/terrestrial-animals/imports/policies/live-animals/pets/eng/1326600389775/1326600500578

FYI: Even if you have an ID for your pet like the examples, it will not take the place of a rabies vaccination certificate since it does not contain all the information on it required by Canada for taking your pet across the border:

The rabies vaccination certificate must:
  • be written in English or French;
  • be issued and signed by a licensed veterinarian;
  • identify the animal (breed, sex, colour, and weight);
  • state that the animal is vaccinated against rabies;
  • indicate the date of vaccination;
  • indicate the trade name and the serial number of the licensed vaccine; and
  • specify the duration of immunity (otherwise, it will be considered valid for one year from the date of vaccination).

You can find the requirements for taking pets into Canada here:

http://www.inspection.gc.ca/animals/terrestrial-animals/imports/policies/live-animals/pets/eng/1326600389775/1326600500578

Thanks for the link just the kind of info I needed.

Jin has all of his shot records in a 'Health Passport" available at pet stores. When he gets a vaccination or treatment it goes in their with the batch numbers and expiration dates and signed by the vet. I also keep paperwork from the vet in a separate notebook so I have 2 copies.