In two more weeks, we will visit our pup.

Kinsa

A follow-up on this thread from last year: http://www.rvnetwork.com/index.php?showtopic=104618

We will be heading to Colorado Springs in a couple of weeks, and the kids and I are SOOOO excited to be able to see our doggie!

We're undecided if we're going to take her back with us at that time or not. We are heading straight back to Texas after Colorado Springs, but we don't know how long it will be until we get to move back into our house. The tenants have legal right to be there until November 30th. If we can entice them to move out this summer, then we'll take our dog with us. I think we can handle a few weeks in the RV with her. However, if they have no intention of moving out until their lease is up, then she will have to stay in Colorado Springs until we can send for her in early winter. :(

Anyway, just thought I'd share. Can't wait to see my fur-baby again!

Stephen & Karen and our six boys, ages 21, 21, 19, 17, 14, & 11
Stephen - Military retiree (as of summer 2012) & current DOI employee (Big Bend National Park)
Karen - Homeschooling stay-at-home mom & veteran
San Antonio, Texas

Fulltimed May 2013 - July 2014 (yes, all eight of us!)
Open Range "Rolling Thunder" (H396RGR - fifth wheel toy hauler bunkhouse) - SOLD
Ford F-350 diesel dually - for the camper
Ford E-350 fifteen passenger van - for the crew

Our unfinished travel blog: http://coach-and-six.blogspot.com/

Picture? Not sure if this will work or not, but here's a picture of her all dolled up.

Edit to add: Well, phooey. I can't figure it out.

Stephen - Military retiree (as of summer 2012) & current DOI employee (Big Bend National Park)
San Antonio, Texas

Open Range "Rolling Thunder" (H396RGR - fifth wheel toy hauler bunkhouse) - SOLD

Firefox, Chrome or IE 10 all seem to post images and links but IE 11 seems to have issues.

First rule of computer consulting:

Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day.

Sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.

• 2 weeks later...

Trying again --

Here's her puppy picture:

Cocoa1.jpg

And here's the picture when we dropped her off at her foster home:

Cocoa_zps12e02a81.jpg

San Antonio, Texas

Wow! Those pictures turned out big! (LOL) Sorry about that. I don't know how to make them smaller.

SO --

Today we went to see her for a couple of hours. At first I don't think she immediately recognized us, because she barked at us like she would strangers.

Then I think she recognized us, but she was very quiet and subdued for a while.

Later she got playful with the boys.

When she was worn out (lol), she came over to me several times and "snuggled" - rolled over on her back and let me scratch her belly. Plus she kept burying her head in my hands.

We take her home with us at the end of this week. The tenants took the "early out" incentive we offered, so we will be reclaiming our house this summer.

I think she's going to be okay.

And as an extra bonus --

Apparently this was a positive experience for my niece and her boyfriend. (They are the ones who fostered her over the past year.) Last night, they went to the SPCA and adopted a little puppy. :)

San Antonio, Texas

That's great to hear. Glad she'll be with you. And kudos to your niece for adopting another fur-baby.

2007 Arctic Fox 32.5 rls for full-timing, now sold.

2014 Sunnybrook Sunset Creek 267rl for the local campgrounds now that we are off the road
2007 Silverado 2500 diesel

Loving Green Valley, AZ (just South of Tucson)

Archived