Dog Teeth Cleaning

sancesc

I would never have a vet that didn't know me or my pet do this without anesthesia. With that being said, yes we have had one of ours had scaling/teeth pulled without. This is because she has an autoimmune disease and anesthesia is very risky for her. However our vet has been there for her from day one (10/2007 when diagnosed) and I trust her with Kissie. Dr. T always tells me that Kissie is absolutely amazing and gets the doggie gold star for what she will allow. However at this time Kissie has an abscess tooth and must go through anesthesia on Monday. This poor "mama" is worried but must be done.

Early this year we took our Lab for that procedure. It does work with out the anesthesia. It took us over a month to get the appointment, however we had a video showing us our lab laying down in the lap for the tech on her back.

The location of us was in Scottsdale, Az.

Susan & Dale
DaGirls Rv 2008 Alfa Gold SoLong ISL 425 Cummins
2015 Ford F-150 XLT Tow / Roadmaster Setup
1600W@45Vdc Magnum Inv/Chg&Solar

880AmpHr
DaGirlsRv Blog

Look up dental scaling without anesthesia...the American Veterinary Dental College (AVDC) has an article about it. Unless done by a licensed veternarian or a supervised and trained veterinarian technician, it's considered practicing veterinary medicine without a license and is subject to criminal charges.

So my question is...who in Quartzsite is doing this and what are his or her credentials?

LindaH
2014 Winnebago Aspect 27K
2011 Kia Soul

Pete and Pat, thanks for asking about Kissie. She did absolutely wonderful, I am happy to say!! Kissie is one tough little dog (12#) and continues to amaze us and our vet. Sad to say, most dogs with GME pass away within 3 yrs of being diagnosed. Kissie is now going into her 7th!!!!

Again, thanks for asking. Jan

• 1 month later...

Here it is Jan 17 2014 We are here at Quartzsite and just today we had our dogs teeth cleaned. It cost us $110. Just across the street from the big tent in row P almost all the way down on the left. The guy is great. It took 1/2 hour and he wraps the dog in a blanket and turns them upside down on their backs. This is the first time for our 6# Poodle. He went thru with flying colors. He has never had his teeth cleaned and the tarter was terrible. The Vet showed us big chunks of stuff that came off his teeth. He had one loose tooth and they pulled it free. At home in Oregon it costs over 300 dollars and they put the dog to sleep. This guy does a dog every 30 minutes and you need to get an appointment. He advertises in the white sheet. My dogs teeth are white as when he was a puppy. I am totally thrilled. The vet told me I should come back every year if we are down here he should have them cleaned every year. We could not afford to have it done in Oregon. I feel comfortable giving a reference. The guy is really good.

98 Beaver Patriot

94 Safari Sahara

My local vet wants $450 to clean my Chihuahua's teeth - extractions extra. I told him if I had an extra $450 I'd go to the dentist myself. I don't neglect my animals - they get all their shots and medically necessary treatments, but that's ridiculous. I bought a box of milk bones instead. I'm sure my dog would rather have the latter. :D

Chip

By the way, we started making these treats as we got tired of spending $300 on dental care, and one year in, both dogs teeth are white.

http://www.pauladeen.com/recipes/view2/bodeens_peanut_butter_dog_biscuits/

Most commercial treats are too soft and the dogs just eat them, these you can make hard as bone by adjusting oven time. Plus you know whats in it, no toxic waste to worry about like commercial treats.

Also our Min Pin does not chew food, the only food we have found that is chunky enough to make her chew it is Science Diet Dental formula.

Those peanut butter treats look tasty. I think I'll try some. Maybe it will save me a trip to the dentist too! :D

Chip

By the way, we started making these treats as we got tired of spending $300 on dental care, and one year in, both dogs teeth are white.

http://www.pauladeen.com/recipes/view2/bodeens_peanut_butter_dog_biscuits/

Most commercial treats are too soft and the dogs just eat them, these you can make hard as bone by adjusting oven time. Plus you know whats in it, no toxic waste to worry about like commercial treats.

Also our Min Pin does not chew food, the only food we have found that is chunky enough to make her chew it is Science Diet Dental formula.

Archived