Keeping cool in the summer and warm in the winter

I would think with all the modifications and electric and gas bills it would be cheaper to move to warmer area and boondock....Isn't that that idea of Full timing??

Still seeing Places we have never seen before and others that we thought we would never see again!

homelesshartshorns | Trying to spend the last Dollar on the Last Day! (wordpress.com)

George Hartshorn | Facebook

• 3 months later...

I would think with all the modifications and electric and gas bills it would be cheaper to move to warmer area and boondock....Isn't that that idea of Full timing??

I always figured it was being where I wanted to be, if it is cold and I need to spend a bit to stay warm or if it is hot and I need to spend a bit to stay cool are just two of the factors to be considered.

Anyone having success with the Eden Pure Heaters?.. the Gen 3 or 4? (Loved that candles and Terra Cotta pots idea!!)

Eden Pure seem overpriced to me, 1500 watts of electric heat is the same if it comes off a $9.00 hotplate or a $1500.00 gold plated super heater.

First rule of computer consulting:

Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day.

Sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.

Grants is going to be cold. Coming down even a hundred miles to Deming would make a big difference. Maybe someone could drive the car for you? If another couple were headed out to AZ or TX, one could drive their rig and the other your car with really no inconvenience or big change of route. Deming has many inexpensive parks and is a great place for the winter and is big enough that you might find a small job. Just a thought in case this is possible for you.

I like the logic of north for the summer and south for the winter. Ducks and geese have been doing this for many years and it seems to work for them.

ken

Amateur radio operator, 2023 Cougar 22MLS, 2022 F150 Lariat 4x4 Off Road, Sport trim <br />Travel with 1 miniature schnauzer, 1 standard schnauzer and one African Gray parrot

• 4 weeks later...

As a point of information, the oil filled heaters heat no better than the cube size quartz or ceramic heater. 1500 Watts is 1500 Watts and about 5100 BTUH. The ceramic type with a fan allows the heat to be directed or blown about. With an oil filled, you are dependent on radiant heating only.

Ken

I prefer oil-filled radiators. The efficiency of both ceramic type and oil-filled types is about the same (100% or very close) but the oil-filled types seem to keep the entire coach warmer over a long period of time with no noise and no feeling of cool air blowing on me. (Of course, no feelilng of warm air blowing on me, either.)

But in the bathroom before I shower I use a ceramic type with a fan. It doesn't have to warm up the entire bathroom to keep me warm, all it has to do is blow warm air on me. :)

WDR

1993 Foretravel U225 with Pacbrake and 5.9 Cummins with Banks

1999 Jeep Wrangler, 4" lift and 33" tires

Raspberry Pi Coach Computer

Ham Radio

• 7 months later...

Archived