ATV use when and where?

dawgdawg69

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I were to do it all over again it would be a motorhome with a flatbed trailer behind it Quad loaded sideways across the front then motorcycle and last a small car.. Enclosed trailers are about as worthless for RVing as they can get, For hauling toys anyway. Would make a nice work area..though (sorta )

I like your idea....now to find room for a paraplane as well...LOL

<p>....JIM and LINDA......2001 American Eagle 40 '.towing a GMC Sierra 1500 4X4 with RZR in the rear. 1999 JEEP Cherokee that we tow as well.

IT IS A CONTENTED MAN WHO CAN APPRECIATE THE SCENERY ALONG A DETOUR.

A decent Iltis can be had for 4-5000. Check kijiji ads in any province with a military base. Alberta-Ontario-New Brunswick seem to have the most ads.

The idea of getting one really intrigues me...what about A/C my wife asks?

<p>....JIM and LINDA......2001 American Eagle 40 '.towing a GMC Sierra 1500 4X4 with RZR in the rear. 1999 JEEP Cherokee that we tow as well.

• 4 weeks later...

We left our RZR in storage inYuma and went home to Alberta in 1st of March. The entire month of March and most of April have been snow so last week we said screw this and took off south again using the excuse that we need our RZR back home for the summer.

So we drove down to Yuma , picked up the RZR and visited our daughter in in Surprise for a couple of days and then are slowly heading north again but enjoying the weather here. We rode the RZR in Sedona and again today here at Green River. this Green River area is huge and full of trails..google San Rafael Swell....we need to spend a month here.

any how we are again enjoying ourselves and will slowly head home again. this trip we are driving our Hyundai Santa Fe and hoteling....I'd much rather be RVing..oh well...still fun.

We're about halfway between Pueblo and Colorado Springs at Mountaindale. Rode the RZR at Texas Creek one day then Penrose Commons yesterday. Had a blast. Weather was great. Well we did catch a bit of snow flurry at 9200 feet.

Back on the road again in a 2011 Roadtrek 210P

2011 Tahoe 4x4, 2006 Lexus GX470, 2018 Ranger XP1000, 2013 RZR 570LE
http://finallynewellin.blogspot.com/

458863254_cabinavatarcopy.jpg.7751792e372f5959d079d77730f9290d.jpg

Left hand canyon right outside Bolder is probably the closest. Check out this link http://www.staythetrail.org/maps/ for alot of trails - its a bit of a drive but I recommend Red Feather Lakes area in summer (its 10,000 ft)

Also if you are spending any amount of time in Colorado I highly recoomend this book...http://www.amazon.com/Trails-Guide-Colorado-Central-Mountains/dp/0966497694/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1367339502&sr=8-1&keywords=atv+trails+colorado. It has staging areas, difficulty level, trail descriptions, gps coordinates, some pictures and more good info. I lived in Aurora for 6 years, and rode with some guys that spent 60 years in Colorado and this book had trails they had never heard of! If you ever spend time in Moab there is a similar book for that area that is also well worth the money.

We will be in Monument next week.

• 4 months later...

Hey ....me again......have any of you ridden in Texas? We are looking at taking the RZR with us as far as Deming anyhow as there are trails to ride there. Is it worthwhile taking the RZR into Texas? Can we ride on the beaches along the gulf coast? Are there places to ride in the New Orleans area?

Hey ....me again......have any of you ridden in Texas? We are looking at taking the RZR with us as far as Deming anyhow as there are trails to ride there. Is it worthwhile taking the RZR into Texas? Can we ride on the beaches along the gulf coast? Are there places to ride in the New Orleans area?

Asking whether to take RzR is like wondering if you will have sex there and whether or not you should take DW along :P

Jim Spence

2000 Dodge 3500 1 ton QC 4x4 dually 5.9 diesel LB

BD exhaust brake, 6 spd manual trans

34CKTS Cedar Creek 5er, Trail-Air hitch

Ha....reason I ask is that I heard that there is no BLM land in Texas and we seem to be riding and exploring BLM lands in the western states.

By the way I got my swivel wheel trailer done and this trip south will be the maiden run for it...wish me luck.

By the way I got my swivel wheel trailer done and this trip south will be the maiden run for it...wish me luck.

Do you have torsion axles under it ? Do you have any pics of it ? Just watch your speed that lil tire is turning much faster

Jim Spence

2000 Dodge 3500 1 ton QC 4x4 dually 5.9 diesel LB

BD exhaust brake, 6 spd manual trans

34CKTS Cedar Creek 5er, Trail-Air hitch

Thanks Newt...will have to check that out.

On another note....we and some friends took our RZRs over the Going To The Sun road in Montana today. What a blast !...the weather was almost perfect , sunny with a little bit chilly at the top. Saw a bear close by the road and a mountain goat up high. If you have never been to this area it is awe inspiring if not a bit intimidating. If you have vertigo whilst driving take the shuttle bus instead because there are drop offs. This is the only NP that I have encountered that allows ATVs on the roads in the park.

a couple more.

you will see that the drawbar has an extra hitch bar that actually goes into another reciever on the fiver. I have 3 receivers on the fiver that that bar fits into for stability.

post-26882-0-58484200-1379534463_thumb.jpg

post-26882-0-98397400-1379534684_thumb.jpg

Archived