The Class-less Class

Sandie & Jim

Thank you Lee. Doug will try that in the morning.

It's the controller. For now we wire it to the batteries directly when we need it. We are working with the dealer who sold us the hot water heater and hopefully we will get a new controller soon Guests are coming next week.

By the way, show of hands, who is going to Florida and who is not. We are not.

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We have a new granddaughter!!! Little April Noel arrived this afternoon weighing in at 8 lbs 13 oz and 20 1/4 inches long. She shares her birthday with 2 other family members and was born under a blue moon!!

Only bad thing.......we have to wait until January before we get to meet her :(

Congratulations Linda and Ed. We are up to 12 grandchildren now. Hopefully a few more coming. I agree with Jeri, grandchildren are better than kids. You can spoil them and send them home.

Doug and Toni Laird

2014 Nissan Versa

event.png

Hey, some of us will be in Arizona and Quartzsite!

Congrats to Ed And Lynn, and to Toni and Doug. We WILL be around the campfire in AZ this winter to hear the story.

We escaped to Flagstaff for the weekend. went from 59* to 108* in 3 hours today. oh well, it was nice to get away for a few days.

Tom & Dianne Wartman
Class of 2012, and happy members of the Classless Class
2004 Newmar Mountain Aire MH
2005 Chevy Trailblazer

www.tdhomestead.blogspot.com

I have my last (I hope) Doctor's appointment tomorrow. So, today I got my hair cut. I wanted to make sure the doctor wouldn't refer me to a Veterinarian. I was looking pretty shaggy. And that about accounts for my day.

As for Q this winter, I'm sure hoping I'll be there. I'm wanting to go to the slabs first to get a couple of solar panels installed and possibly add a couple batteries. Right now I'm concerned about the title for the Navion. It still hasn't got to my mail box in SD. If it doesn't get there soon I'm getting a lawyer and force them to return my money plus all the extra expense this has caused and start all over.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

It's the controller. For now we wire it to the batteries directly when we need it. We are working with the dealer who sold us the hot water heater and hopefully we will get a new controller soon Guests are coming next week.

By the way, show of hands, who is going to Florida and who is not. We are not.

We will be in Florida this winter.

http://www.toadswildadventures.blogspot.com/

Just travelin' down life's highway-toot-toot!

I just came back from Las Cruces and what was supposed to be my last doctor's appointment. After filling out a million forms then waiting in an exam room for 30 more minutes the doctor came in and asked what I came for. I tool him and he said we'll set up an appointment for that and then said we'll set up another appointment for another procudure that will correct the problem. Then told me to bring a driver with me. I told him I live alone and all my friends have gone to cooler areas and won't be back till late October. He said then hire some one and call us back for the appointment when you know when you can get here. I took his paperwork and headed home. I've made up my mind to call him back and cancel the whole thing. At 86, I'm not going to spend the rest of my useful life going to doctor's appointments. I was stuck here all last year and over half of this year with doctor's appointments only to be told I was 85 (at that time) and have to expect I can't do like I did earlier in life. If another doctor tells me that it will be him with a short life expectancy. Anyway when my glasses get here and that title deal gets done I'm heading down the road to anywhere get your kids off the street here comes that old man.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

Well one more stumbling stone out of the way. Holiday world called and said the other riser cushion came in and was waiting for me to pick it up. I think I'll wait until Friday to go get it. I'll call my Mail service and see if the Title got there and if it hasn't I'll raise Hell with Holiday world again when I pick up the cushion. And if my glasses don't get here soon I'll need a change in the prescription before I even get them. It's been two weeks. How long did it take you others to get your glasses after they were ordered? All other times I've ordered new glasses they were back within a week. This "Manana" attitude of New Mexico and the whole Southwest is beginning to get to me.

Well one more stumbling stone out of the way. Holiday world called and said the other riser cushion came in and was waiting for me to pick it up. I think I'll wait until Friday to go get it. I'll call my Mail service and see if the Title got there and if it hasn't I'll raise Hell with Holiday world again when I pick up the cushion. And if my glasses don't get here soon I'll need a change in the prescription before I even get them. It's been two weeks. How long did it take you others to get your glasses after they were ordered? All other times I've ordered new glasses they were back within a week. This "Manana" attitude of New Mexico and the whole Southwest is beginning to get to me.

We took the controller off the hot water heater and into the RV Parts dealer. The usual guy wasn't there but we spoke to the electrical guy directly. By this actions, this is a very common problem. He has a tester for this specific problem. Yup it was the controller. No charge! Got it home and it fired right up. Thanks again for your help Lee.

Doug and Toni Laird

2014 Nissan Versa

event.png

Not much going on in my world except we are busy. Terry's back in Phoenix for a few days so I'm playing with the kids and grandkids. Going to Powell bookstore in Portland today. It's floors and floors of books -- amazing place. Then, it's BBQ place in Longview. I thought about Hey Duke though. There is a big Brewfest in Vancouver, WA this weekend and heading there tomorrow with Justin and Tammi. It'll be a fun day.

Heading back to Tennessee to pick up RV at the Hyder Resort at the end of the month and moving it to Florida.

That's my news for now.

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

Not much going on in my world except we are busy. Terry's back in Phoenix for a few days so I'm playing with the kids and grandkids. Going to Powell bookstore in Portland today. It's floors and floors of books -- amazing place. Then, it's BBQ place in Longview. I thought about Hey Duke though. There is a big Brewfest in Vancouver, WA this weekend and heading there tomorrow with Justin and Tammi. It'll be a fun day.

Heading back to Tennessee to pick up RV at the Hyder Resort at the end of the month and moving it to Florida.

You still calling yourselves full-timers? :)

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Not much going on in Deming either. This morning I drained the tanks on the navion and refilled the fresh water so it will be ready to go when I get a chance. I think I'll drive over to Las Cruces tomorrow and pick up that other seat riser cushion just for something to do. Sure as heck I'll get a call telling me to come pick up my glasses (wishful thinking). Maybe I'll go up to city of rocks over the weekend. It hit 106 here today. That's why I'm chompin' at the bit to get out of here. The summer is darn near over so I won't wander very far away even if I get the Navion registered. I heard that SD has been taking up to six weeks to issue titles lately. So I'll cut Holiday World a little slack and hold on a little longer. I hate to give the Navion back but will if something don't happen soon.

Busy day here in Red Bay Alabama. We got a number of things on our punch card finished. Resealed the roof, repaired a stove valve, added an extend a stay unit to our propane tank so we can use it for our grill and fireplace. Added a outside vent for our kitchen stove. Replaced a hydraulic hose on our bedroom slide, and adjusted the dishwasher so it would finish a cycle. Now tomorrow we are going into the paint shop to get the new outside vent painted. We also purchased a new TV today and it will be installed the day after requiring a bit of cabinet mods. Then to get set up for shocks and alignment... All I need now is a money person to pay for all of this. Hard rain all night last night here and quite a bit cooler today, but it won't last. One thing about being in the birthplace of the Tiffin motorhomes is that there are a number of RV businesses in the area that can do most any modification you would want. We are going to get a tour of the paint shop in the next couple of days and that should be interesting. Doug & Toni, glad you found the problem with the water heater. things like that can be frustrating. Hope everyone are doing fine out there. Steve

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

Does kinda work?

haha, Paul keeps saying we'll still be full time RVers (??? in what universe are you fulltimers if you own a house???)

I keep gently (ok, yelling in his face) reminding him that in fact we will NOT be fulltiming anymore, but thats ok, because its a choice we made.

God love him, In his heart he is a fulltimer....he just wants a place to keep all his tools so he can use them.

Steve, hope all your mods go well and you are foot loose and fancy free soon.

we took off for the weekend- only 90 minutes from Havasu but we had SWEATSHIRTS on today! woohoo!!

Plus, we had a deer, 5 Tourists, a rattlesnake and a fox saunter through our campsite. Dozer was not pleased. He chased the rattlesnake and the fox.

Edited by soos

Sue and Paul- fulltimed 2009 -2015 with Dozer, our Gray Tuxedo cat

2012 DRV Mobile Suites 36TKSB4 pulled by a 2020 F350 Platinum

Our "vacation home" : 2018 Arctic Fox 1150 truck camper

RIP Dozey

http://soos-ontheroad.blogspot.com/

Sounds like most everyone has projects of one kind or another going one in one place or another. Sounds like a lot of hunkerin down busy times this summer.

Dave & Diane

2020 New Horizon Majestic  5th wheel

2018 Ram 5500

2014 Tiffin Phaeton 42LH (SOLD)
2012 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited (SOLD)

http://daveanddiane.wordpress.com/

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWqRmO1rO4cu3rFANF1iG6Q

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10752;80/st/20120701/e/Went+fulltime/dt/-2/k/271f/event.png

Yesterday morning I went to Las Cruces to Holiday World to pick up the cushion they told me was In. As I was getting the cushion from the Parts Guy. The Service manager saw me and ask if I had the MH there. I said No. He said would you please bring it in we need to look at some numbers on that sky light roof vent. The parts are available but we need to verify the exact model and date of manufacture. On the way home I got thinking the sooner I get those numbers verified the sooner they'll get the part in. So, when I got home I parked the truck and got in the Navion and drove back to Holiday World. When I got there the Service manage told me that the mechanic that was working on it took picture so it wouldn't be nessary to look at it. After the mechanic worked on it before it wouldn't latch. So, I ask if they could do something to make it latch until the new parts got there. The mechanic was out to lunch but the Service Guy said he should be back within the next 15 minutes. I waited and when he came back he messed with it and got it to latch but not completely. Then he got on the computer and tried to find the photos he had taken but couldn't find them so he took more photos. Talk about keystone cops. I think these guys can out bumble them. When I got back to Deming I didn't even go back to the Low Hi RV Ranch. I stopped for a sandwich then turned north and went to City of Rocks to relax and get my head screwed on straight again. I'll spend the weekend here and go back home Monday.

Yesterday morning I went to Las Cruces to Holiday World to pick up the cushion they told me was In. As I was getting the cushion from the Parts Guy. The Service manager saw me and ask if I had the MH there. I said No. He said would you please bring it in we need to look at some numbers on that sky light roof vent. The parts are available but we need to verify the exact model and date of manufacture. On the way home I got thinking the sooner I get those numbers verified the sooner they'll get the part in. So, when I got home I parked the truck and got in the Navion and drove back to Holiday World. When I got there the Service manage told me that the mechanic that was working on it took picture so it wouldn't be nessary to look at it. After the mechanic worked on it before it wouldn't latch. So, I ask if they could do something to make it latch until the new parts got there. The mechanic was out to lunch but the Service Guy said he should be back within the next 15 minutes. I waited and when he came back he messed with it and got it to latch but not completely. Then he got on the computer and tried to find the photos he had taken but couldn't find them so he took more photos. Talk about keystone cops. I think these guys can out bumble them. When I got back to Deming I didn't even go back to the Low Hi RV Ranch. I stopped for a sandwich then turned north and went to City of Rocks to relax and get my head screwed on straight again. I'll spend the weekend here and go back home Monday.

We feel your pain Lee.

Starting week five here at Master Tech RV Repair (alias the "Hotel California") in Elkhart IN. This place must be living on it's past reputation. They have too few qualified techs and way too much business coming in. I'm getting nervous about the bill. Talked to one of my fellow cell mates this a.m. and apparently, the owner is trying to stick him with the bill for the windshield that they broke while replacing it. What universe does that make sense in? They keep telling me that we'll get out in a few days but, it never happens. It's not just me...it's also a bunch of others that are stuck here.

When they took out the old refer the automatic shut off valve to the LP tank didn't work. So, they ordered a new one. They couldn't find anyone to capture the LP from the tank. They were just gonna let it blow out away in an open field so that they could replace the valve. A few days later, before they were gonna do it I decided to jiggle a few wires and bingo, the valve started working...loose contact.

Waiting on a slide out seal to arrive. Turns out they just ordered it five days ago. They knew about it four weeks ago. Also, a latch bracket keeps snapping off every time they reattach it with larger pop rivets. I told 'em I think it's because the slide out is traveling in too far. What's the definition of insanity? Something about doing the same thing over and over?

Gotta get outta here soon so that we can hook up with Tina & Jeff in TN and before we go insane and broke! :unsure:

Roger

Roger & Lynn Rempe

Class of 2012 & "Class-less"!

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" -- Mark Twain (Innocents Abroad)

When I got back to Deming I didn't even go back to the Low Hi RV Ranch. I stopped for a sandwich then turned north and went to City of Rocks to relax and get my head screwed on straight again. I'll spend the weekend here and go back home Monday.

Good to have a place to go to get your head screwed on straight. Makes for a crick in the neck to have it on sideways. Unless you have one of those couches that don't face the TV, then having your head on crooked can be a good thing.

Linda

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Talked to one of my fellow cell mates this a.m. and apparently, the owner is trying to stick him with the bill for the windshield that they broke while replacing it. What universe does that make sense in?

Guy who bought our bookcase headboard broke the mirror because he wouldn't wait for help to dismantle it. Then he wanted a discount because the mirror was broken. Say what?!!!

Linda

Dang Rodge, what your going through makes all my problems insignificant. Maybe you should cut your loses and buy a pup tent. Sept with your luck the darn tent would probably leak. I sure feel for you. Maybe you could con Steve into getting the Beaver in shape for you. He has lots of experience. Hope things work out for you soon.

We feel your pain Lee.

Starting week five here at Master Tech RV Repair (alias the "Hotel California") in Elkhart IN. This place must be living on it's past reputation. They have too few qualified techs and way too much business coming in. :unsure:

Roger

We have been waiting 4 weeks for 2 bay doors to come in. Ed tangled with a boulder and I think the boulder won. :wacko: We never thought it would take this long to get them in. At least we don't have to stay there. I sent you a pm.

Lyn and Ed

2004 Phaeton

2006 Jeep Liberty

Polaris Ranger

http://EdandLynSojourning.blogspot.com