The Class-less Class

Sandie & Jim

Just got the July/August issue of Escapees magazine and on page 58 who do I see? Tom (tdhomestead) and a fine group of people boondocking in Borrego Springs. Dianne must be cooking something in the RV. We're going to miss the desert and our Class-less friends this winter. A few of us Class-less will be roaming around Florida.

Stay safe and cool everyone.

Jeff :)

Yes, thanks Jeff. Fun to see folks you know in a magazine! We felt that when we were new to Escapees and saw the 2012 Quartzsite photo. At that time, Nancy & Dave were the only ones we knew.

As for the current Escapees magazine... great article by Nina (WheelingIt) and the photo by her hubby, Paul, captured the special time boondocking with Canadian friends in Borrego Springs in December 2013. In the photo, clockwise from Tom: Edie, Terry, Karen, Harry, Shoko, Denise, Skip, Jean, and Bob. (Yep, that's "our Denise" in the yellow sweatshirt :)

Borrego Springs is a "go to" boondocking spot for us in winter... look forward to more gatherings this next December/January, and will miss those of you wintering in the east. Be well, everyone! Dianne & Tom

Tom & Dianne Wartman
Class of 2012, and happy members of the Classless Class
2004 Newmar Mountain Aire MH
2005 Chevy Trailblazer

www.tdhomestead.blogspot.com

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just wrote a wonderful post that all of a sudden flu off into neverland. Never to be seen again. Oh well here goes again.

Holiday World just called about my request to trace what happened to the Title on the Navion. It turns out it was never applied for. She found the old Title from the previous owner and it still had the Lean attached. She apologized and said they had a few new employees and many of the regulars were out on summer vacation. She said she would call SD MVD and find out exactly what needed to be done and try to get it expedited and stay on it herself so that nobody could drop the ball again. What could I say except thank you and hope it go fast because I'll be charged a penalty now for taking more than 30 days to register it after the purchase date. She was in the Houston office. I have to go back to the Las Cruces office Monday to get another 30 day NM permit. I'm going to scream bloody murder to make them cough up the $100 that will cost and if I could think of an accessory I needed I'd make them toss that in for the late filing fee I'll be stuck with.

I have a doctor's appointment in the morning. Then the last check-up on my eyes on the 24th and of course waiting for the new glasses. Then the trip to Las Cruces for the Temp Tag Monday and another appointment to get the drive on the powered vent lifter fixed on the 28th. Then just maybe I'll be free. That is if the doctor kicks me out of his office and says "Don't come back" and nobody else drops the ball on things they are supposed to be doing for me. I feel like a prisoner to appointments and want to go off into the back woods, dig a hole, crawl in and pull the hole in after me.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

Lee, you are way too busy! Its called R E T I R E M E N T!

things are pretty slow here in Havasu- for Me. Paul keeps himself pretty busy, but I was eyeing some Help Wanted signs. Maybe I'll look for some volunteer work that doesn't require me to be outside in 110* heat.

Sue and Paul- fulltimed 2009 -2015 with Dozer, our Gray Tuxedo cat

2012 DRV Mobile Suites 36TKSB4 pulled by a 2020 F350 Platinum

Our "vacation home" : 2018 Arctic Fox 1150 truck camper

RIP Dozey

http://soos-ontheroad.blogspot.com/

Hey Class-less Class members

Greetin's from sunny Nova Scotia Canada, where it is warm but NOT quite as hot as some of you are partaking in.

Note that a number of members are talking about heading to the Gulf area, this coming winter season and wonder if any have recommendations for CG's to stay and/or favourite things to do.

We are looking at leaving late Oct or after Christmas and aiming for somewhere S of Pensacola but not too deep into FL or maybe GA, AL, MS or SE TX.

Thanks in advance

Travel Safe

S+N

Hey Class-less Class members

Greetin's from sunny Nova Scotia Canada, where it is warm but NOT quite as hot as some of you are partaking in.

Note that a number of members are talking about heading to the Gulf area, this coming winter season and wonder if any have recommendations for CG's to stay and/or favourite things to do.

We are looking at leaving late Oct or after Christmas and aiming for somewhere S of Pensacola but not too deep into FL or maybe GA, AL, MS or SE TX.

Thanks in advance

Travel Safe

S+N

Neil,

we loved the Destin area but I think it would be too cold. Many people like the Naples area too. There are several Classless members headed that way so maybe they have some more specific thoughts. We'll be in AZ again, so we'll miss you. BUT I am REALLY antsy to get back up to Nova Scotia :)

Sue

RIP Dozey

Neil,

we loved the Destin area but I think it would be too cold. Many people like the Naples area too. There are several Classless members headed that way so maybe they have some more specific thoughts. We'll be in AZ again, so we'll miss you. BUT I am REALLY antsy to get back up to Nova Scotia :)

Sue

In six years of full-timing, my favourite place so far is Savannah, Georgia and in particular Skidaway Island State Park. Huge sites, lots of boardwalks for walking around the bayous. Savannah is a very easy place to get around and don't forget to visit Paula Dean's restaurant.

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png

We stayed awhile in the Florida panhandle one year. It rained most of the time we were there. In south Florida you often get a short but intense shower in the afternoon but it doesn't last all day like it did in the panhandle. Dave got a really bad head cold while we were there which made me even grumpier since neither of us slept well for its duration. I guess I think the panhandle is a nice place to visit but I wouldn't want to live there. :)

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

We stayed awhile in the Florida panhandle one year. It rained most of the time we were there. In south Florida you often get a short but intense shower in the afternoon but it doesn't last all day like it did in the panhandle. Dave got a really bad head cold while we were there which made me even grumpier since neither of us slept well for its duration. I guess I think the panhandle is a nice place to visit but I wouldn't want to live there. :)

Linda Sand

I remember that winter, Linda. When we were there we discovered the panhandle was pretty nice until about mid-December. Then, the rains came in and it rained and rained and rained. This year we hope to spent more time around Fort Myers and south. Perhaps, a couple of weeks around the Keys ... perhaps.

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

Linda Sand

I remember that winter, Linda. When we were there we discovered the panhandle was pretty nice until about mid-December. Then, the rains came in and it rained and rained and rained. This year we hope to spend more time around Fort Myers and south. Perhaps, a couple of weeks around the Keys ... perhaps.

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

I remember the winter all you folks went to Florida and you all came back West before the winter was over and vowed never to go back there again. It seems every one found an RV Park with lake front sites. And, you found that 55 degrees there is down right cold and you can't get warm no matter how much clothing you wear. I went to radar repair school in Boca Raton FL. It's the only place I ever wore that horse blanket overcoat the army used to issue.

My wife was a Florida resident a wanted to go back there every winter. One year she had an operation on her foot and couldn't go back so braved the snow and cold of the North Carolina mountains in our nice warm house. She never asked to go back to FL again.

Not much happening here. I'm still feeling pretty good and wishing I could get shut of all these apointments so I can get out of here for more than a day or two. I know Utopia is out the somewhere just waiting for me to find it.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

I remember the winter all you folks went to Florida and you all came back West before the winter was over and vowed never to go back there again. It seems every one found an RV Park with lake front sites.

Boy, you are so right. That's exactly what we did. Look at us now. We're going to try it again. Come join us while we make fools of ourselves one more time! This time we're going to venture a little farther south so maybe it'll be different. Maybe

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

Boy, you are so right. That's exactly what we did. Look at us now. We're going to try it again. Come join us while we make fools of ourselves one more time! This time we're going to venture a little farther south so maybe it'll be different. Maybe

We may have to limit the number of trips back to the PNW before winter. LOL! Don't need any extra rain hitching a ride on the plane to Florida this winter.

!0:45 PM here in Memphis it's 85 degrees with a heat index of 96 degrees. ACs are a workin' hard.

Jeff :)

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

http://rvtravelswith...a.blogspot.com/

Plenty warm here in Oklahoma too. 95 with a heat index of 101, yuck! The painters will finish our rent house Monday and then the roofers will be able to start. I would sure hate to be a roofer in this weather. If you stood in one place too long you would just melt into the roof :o.

Jeri, wasn't that the year you guys were at Mexico Beach. I seem to remember you had a lake in your front yard. We stayed at the Elks club in Brandon outside of Tampa and other than being on the railroad tracks it was pretty good. Had 50A/water and a dump site on premises. We stayed there while we took a cheap cruise. It's only about 8 miles from the club to the cruise ship docks. Steve

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

I got bored today and drove over to Lordsburg 65 milers west of here. I went to Kranberry's restaurant had a sandwich and came back to Deming. That town is failing fast. About 80% of the buildings are boarded up and very little traffic in town. Kranberry's is still as good as ever but the lunch crowd has dwindled to about a quarter of what it used to be. Sad.

I'll go to Las Cruces in the morning to get another 30 day tag for the Navion. I'll drive the truck and maybe go to Lowes Home improvement or at least go to the book store and take a load of books into Starbuck's and slurp coffee while I'm deciding which books to buy. I'm getting the list of appointments down so maybe I can go touring before too long.

We're having a grand time here in RV repair purgatory. They've managed to take care of a few minor items but, we're still waiting to address the major item...the front room slide. We showed up a week ago Friday and they started work on Monday. Can't complain because they're very busy and some have been sitting over a week just to start on their rig. We spent the first two days sitting in the waiting room from 7-5 while it was in the shop. After surveying the slide out's issue, it was estimated to take over three days and it was mutually decided to postpone the work till today. That way we wouldn't risk having to get a motel for over the weekend if it had to stay in the shop.
About 7 p.m. Saturday we got hit with a huge storm...lots of outages including us. The power company says that they're hoping to get everyone back on by midnight today but, I,m not optimistic. Oh, and we've had no water because the shop has their own well and of course the pump is electric. To make it worse, we finally got to experience the 100+ degree heat index some of you have been enjoying. Been running our genny full time for the AC. They can't start on our rig today without the juice on. We've decided to go ahead and stay in the motel tonight and who knows for how long!
As Jeri says..."Tis life on the road"! :unsure:
Roger

Roger & Lynn Rempe

Class of 2012 & "Class-less"!

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" -- Mark Twain (Innocents Abroad)

We're having a grand time here in RV repair purgatory. They've managed to take care of a few minor items but, we're still waiting to address the major item...the front room slide. We showed up a week ago Friday and they started work on Monday. Can't complain because they're very busy and some have been sitting over a week just to start on their rig. We spent the first two days sitting in the waiting room from 7-5 while it was in the shop. After surveying the slide out's issue, it was estimated to take over three days and it was mutually decided to postpone the work till today. That way we wouldn't risk having to get a motel for over the weekend if it had to stay in the shop.

About 7 p.m. Saturday we got hit with a huge storm...lots of outages including us. The power company says that they're hoping to get everyone back on by midnight today but, I,m not optimistic. Oh, and we've had no water because the shop has their own well and of course the pump is electric. To make it worse, we finally got to experience the 100+ degree heat index some of you have been enjoying. Been running our genny full time for the AC. They can't start on our rig today without the juice on. We've decided to go ahead and stay in the motel tonight and who knows for how long!

Roger

OMG you guys. Purgatory is right. Waiting in a waiting room from 7 - 5. Sheesh.

We have our truck in the shop today. These people who we have had 2 very successful experiences with (one was even $400 less than their estimate) are going to take a crack at Mr. Blinkie. This is the on going problem we have had since setting out last fall. A light on the blinker bar comes from time to time only when we are towing. It doesn't do anything. So far we have had it at two Ford dealers and paid over $700.00 for NOTHING. These folks here in Merritt have promised not to do anything unless they are absolutely certain they have found the problem.

But Roger and Lynn, I feel for you, I really do.

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png

Lee - like you, we are soooo tired of doctor appointments. But Jim's surgery went well this morning and part of his problems got taken care of. But - he has a blockage in his right leg that couldn't be fixed with a stent and will require another surgery after he heals from this one. And on it goes. Our dilemma is the fact that we have to renew our SD driver's licenses this year. So we'll have to decide if Jim feels up to making the trip north after he heals from this surgery and then come back for the next surgery or what our alternatives might be. Life is definitely not dull.

Sure glad we bought that second air conditioner. It has really paid for itself in keeping us cool. But I think I'm getting used to the heat. It was 75 the other morning when we got up and I thought it felt almost chilly.

Sandie & Jim Dixon

Traveling with Scooter and Skittlez

www.wherearethedixonstoday.blogspot.com

Roger

Well dang guys. We hope things get worked out faster than expected, you deserve a break.

Dave & Diane

2020 New Horizon Majestic  5th wheel

2018 Ram 5500

2014 Tiffin Phaeton 42LH (SOLD)
2012 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited (SOLD)

http://daveanddiane.wordpress.com/

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWqRmO1rO4cu3rFANF1iG6Q

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10752;80/st/20120701/e/Went+fulltime/dt/-2/k/271f/event.png

Roger

Oh no! Roger, you just seem to be getting one bad situation after another! It is life on the road for sure but we want it to be a good life! Maybe you need to have someone pass their good luck on to you. You've just had about enough bad luck for all the rest of us!!

IYQ - No one is there because they've gone north to get out of the heat! Maybe you need to think about that. :))

Sandie ... what in the world! Another surgery? Sounds like you and Roger are both in a spell of bad luck. Sorry to hear about that.

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

WiFi is down so my skillfully composed post didn't get sent. So, I'll try it on the phone. Prepare for miss spelled words and omitted words and phrases.

Roger, maybe you should stop and start all over. Or at least make a few abrupt turns to loose that dark cloud that's been following you. You have had way more than your share of bad luck.

Jim, stay away from those Hospitals there full of sick people and besides you need to get fishing again before we get over run with uncaught fish.

I got another 30 day temporary permit today. But, also collected another blame doctor's appointment for the 4th of August. I have the last eye check-up this Friday. Then of course I'll have to wait for new glasses after that. My eyes didn't turn out as good as I had hoped. There still a little blurry and don't focus well. It's probably my astigmatism. I hope new glasses will correct that so I can read signs at a distance.

I do have a couple days free so will go up to City of Rocks State Park in the morning and hope I don't get a phone call to make me have to come back the next day like has happened to my last to attempts to escape.

Lee - like you, we are soooo tired of doctor appointments. But Jim's surgery went well this morning and part of his problems got taken care of. But - he has a blockage in his right leg that couldn't be fixed with a stent and will require another surgery after he heals from this one. And on it goes. Our dilemma is the fact that we have to renew our SD driver's licenses this year. So we'll have to decide if Jim feels up to making the trip north after he heals from this surgery and then come back for the next surgery or what our alternatives might be. Life is definitely not dull.

Sure glad we bought that second air conditioner. It has really paid for itself in keeping us cool. But I think I'm getting used to the heat. It was 75 the other morning when we got up and I thought it felt almost chilly.

Sandie, Hoping all goes well with the surgeries.

I know what you mean about the chilliness. It got down to 95* here the other day, and I put a jacket on! It sure did feel good to sit outside for a change though!

I *think* you can get an extension on the SD drivers license.

"If you’re a South Dakota resident temporarily out of state, you can extend your regular SD driver’s license if you can’t renew it online or by mail.

Contact the South Dakota DPS to see if you’re eligible for a temporary driver’s license extension."

worth a shot.

RIP Dozey

Thanks all for the good wishes...still no power today. I hope that it's not because the RV facility is behind on their bill...LOL! If they don't get started today then we're in jeopardy of having to stay in a motel over the weekend...more $.

Good luck Jim and Sandy and we hope things go well for ya.

Roger

Roger & Lynn Rempe

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" -- Mark Twain (Innocents Abroad)

Thanks all for the good wishes...still no power today. I hope that it's not because the RV facility is behind on their bill...LOL! If they don't get started today then we're in jeopardy of having to stay in a motel over the weekend...more $.

Good luck Jim and Sandy and we hope things go well for ya.

Roger

Oh, and good wishes to you too Lee...didn't mean to forget ya...not enough motel coffee I guess!

Roger

Roger & Lynn Rempe