The Class-less Class

Sandie & Jim

My eye is doing pretty well. I can see almost as clearly as I can with the other eye. Both eyes together are clearer than I've been able to see in a long time and it seems to get better every day.

I've got the New RV about ready for the road but can't go anywhere because of appointments. I think I'll camp in it right here so that things that I may not have thought about will show up while I'm close to stores to be able to get it. If I need something I can always borrow it from my trailer until I can get to the store.

The park here is almost empty. There are only about 6 or 8 that show up at happy hour or potluck. They won't be able to pay the bills if we don't get a few members back in here. The weather has cooled a bit. Maybe that will help.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah Lee, my eyes improved for about a week and then seemed to level off. Glad your peepers are doing well. Nice to be able to see again.

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

Good plan to move into the new rig on site. Helps get the right stuff in the right rig.

Glad to hear your eyes are much improved. That will help in checking out new cowgirls.

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Put together a water pressure regulator and filter for the new rig today. I use a standard 3/4" household type regulator. It doesn't restrict the volume of water just the pressure and it's easily adjustable. I didn't think it was that hot today but the activity really saped the energy out of me. Tomorrow being sunday I might take it out for a spin. Maybe down to Poncho Villa state park or up to City of rocks state park. It's not quite ready for an extended stay yet and either am I. I need to fill the pantry for that. But I could give the generator a work out making coffee and tea and running the AC.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

I took the Navion out for a spin today. I drove down to Columbus. I started the gererator and ran the coach AC for the whole trip. I found that I'll have to get used to the wind blowing me around a bit. With that Hensley hitch on my Trailer I never felt the wind or the bow wave from trucks. I went to a restaurant for lunch down there. I was the only customer. The lady who owns the place saw the navion out the window and asked if it was new. I told her yes. Then she asked if she could see the inside. So After I ate I gave her a tour. Then she wanted to go with me. She said it has always been her dream to have an RV and travel the country. As I left she said if you ever decide to take a companion come and get me. At first I thought she was just joshing me. But she was dead serious. I think I'll make a sandwich in the rig the next time I go down there. The next time I take it out for a spin, I think I'll go investigate the bootheal of NM. ( the SW corner of the state) It's uninhabited country with only a few very small towns.

I took the Navion out for a spin today. I drove down to Columbus. I started the gererator and ran the coach AC for the whole trip. I found that I'll have to get used to the wind blowing me around a bit. With that Hensley hitch on my Trailer I never felt the wind or the bow wave from trucks. I went to a restaurant for lunch down there. I was the only customer. The lady who owns the place saw the navion out the window and asked if it was new. I told her yes. Then she asked if she could see the inside. So After I ate I gave her a tour. Then she wanted to go with me. She said it has always been her dream to have an RV and travel the country. As I left she said if you ever decide to take a companion come and get me. At first I thought she was just joshing me. But she was dead serious. I think I'll make a sandwich in the rig the next time I go down there. The next time I take it out for a spin, I think I'll go investigate the bootheal of NM. ( the SW corner of the state) It's uninhabited country with only a few very small towns.

Face it, Lee. You're one hot guy in one hot RV! No doubt about it.

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

Yer right Jeri...he's quite the prize...dang few like him!! :)

Roger

Roger & Lynn Rempe

Class of 2012 & "Class-less"!

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" -- Mark Twain (Innocents Abroad)

Be careful cowboy, some of them gals have ropes! :ph34r:

"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
08 Dodge Dakota toad

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

I'm not worrying about Lee letting himself get roped. He did that once and spent years off the road. I think the freedom to keep traveling this time will help him remember what not to do. Of course, we all lose some memory as we age so maybe there is a bit of risk there.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

It was 100 degrees today. In that respect I'm one hot guy and wishing I could get in that Hot RV and get to heck out of here.

I went to wally World today and got both RV's restocked with staples. ( like cranberry juice) I left the store $178 poorer. Barney the park maintenance guy brought me a scoop of gravel today so I could fill a low spot in the site where I park the Navion. I got the shovel out and started to work on it but guickly got other ideas in this heat. So I'll continue that operation early tomorrow morning when its cool.

I went to pot luck this evening. The Pres had fixed a big pot of noodles and pork chops. Boy was it good. We are planning a picnic for the 4th. Everything on the picnic menu is pretty salty so the Pres said she would fix something special that I could eat. It pays to be on good terms with the boss.

The Cowgirl next door returned from Springerville AZ this afternoon. She saw the Navion and came over right away wanting the grand tour. She really likes it. She also said she joined the Escapees today. I'd better be carefull what I say now. When I get these appointments out of the way I think I'll go up to Alpine AZ. It's 8000 feet there. If it proves to high for me I'll go to Springerville it's about 6974 feet. If that's too high I'll drop down to Reserve NM or Silver City NM at 5832/5895 feet respectively. And if that is too high I come back to Deming and sweat it out. I know I can handle that though. It's only 55 miles from here and I go up there frequently. That is where the Lung doctor I went to reminded me that I was 86 after a half dozen appointments. Gerrrrŕr. Play it cool everyone. Lee

We were awakened at 6:20 this morning by the park manager, we had to move. We are at the Escapee park in Hollister near Branson, Mo. Turkey Creek is rising because of over night rain. It's not as high yet as it got when Tropical storm Bill came through a couple of weeks ago. We are on higher ground now until we move on Monday.

Got my new glasses a couple of days ago. Learning where I need to look through the progressive lenses. I couldn't believe my distant vision could get clearer but it did. Also got to break the habit of looking over readers and keeping them on all the time.

Stay cool, dry and safe everyone.

Jeff :)

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

http://rvtravelswith...a.blogspot.com/

We were awakened at 6:20 this morning by the park manager, we had to move. We are at the Escapee park in Hollister near Branson, Mo. Turkey Creek is rising because of over night rain. It's not as high yet as it got when Tropical storm Bill came through a couple of weeks ago. We are on higher ground now until we move on Monday.

Got my new glasses a couple of days ago. Learning where I need to look through the progressive lenses. I couldn't believe my distant vision could get clearer but it did. Also got to break the habit of looking over readers and keeping them on all the time.

Had a similar situation years ago when we were on vacation out East. I had to hitch up in the dark starting with ankle deep creek water. By the time we rolled out it was nearly calf high. That was a close one! I've always been leery of creek side camp sites ever since. Glad that you and Tina made it out okay!

Roger

Roger & Lynn Rempe

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" -- Mark Twain (Innocents Abroad)

We were thinking Saturday we'd head to Virginia to pick up our RV and start moving towards Tennessee. However, there seems to be thunderstorms everywhere. We may have to rethink those plans. With all the rain and creeks over flowing their banks, we might be better off to hang around the PNW and continue to complain about the hot, hot, dry, dry weather. Thank goodness plans are made to be broken.

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

We have just posted an update to our blog at www.tdhomestead.blogspot.com A few familiar faces to some of you in it.

Be safe and well, everyone! Happy July 4th holiday to all! Dianne & Tom

Tom & Dianne Wartman
Class of 2012, and happy members of the Classless Class
2004 Newmar Mountain Aire MH
2005 Chevy Trailblazer

www.tdhomestead.blogspot.com

I am on the same learning curve. Although this is my second pair of progressives, the reading "pane" is bigger. I, too, am supposed to wear them full time. I have pretty much given up on reading in bed with the new ones though. Hard to find the range. I am going to still use readers there.

You can send some of that rain this way. We have a fire ban starting tomorrow. Good and bad there. No firewood revenue but it sure makes the campsite quieter when they don't sit around the fire at night.

Miss you two.

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png

Had a great 4th here after the rain this afternoon. The good thing is the rain helped the fire danger, and then it stopped in time for all the fireworks. Spent the day with our sister-in-law at the movies (SPY) what a riot. Then the evening at our son's wife's aunts place for fireworks food and fun! All and all a great day! Hope you all had a fine one too! Steve

"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
08 Dodge Dakota toad

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

We had a good day also. Lunch at Branson Landing over looking Lake Taneycomo. Visit with cousins and a couple of beers at Table Rock Lake then home. The city of Hollister did fireworks just blocks away up the hill from the rv park. Cool.

While visiting cousins I got a call from our next stop in Memphis. They have to close due to the Mississippi River flooding. Yikes! So we have found a plan B place and we'll be going there on Monday.

Stay safe everyone.

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

http://rvtravelswith...a.blogspot.com/

Yup, we had a nice 4th. The small town of Polson Montana had a nice parade that we attended mid day, then the RV Park we are saying at had a hamburger BBQ (for a small fee). And we were able to watch the fireworks being set off from the Flathead Lake from our RV site.

Shortly after the fireworks the winds kicked up and cooled the place down which made for a nice nights sleep. And I think today will be the first day in over 2 weeks we have not been in temps over 90, I think it's supposed to be 84 today, yipeee.

We will hang out here for a couple more days then move on again.

Dave & Diane

2020 New Horizon Majestic  5th wheel

2018 Ram 5500

2014 Tiffin Phaeton 42LH (SOLD)
2012 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited (SOLD)

http://daveanddiane.wordpress.com/

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWqRmO1rO4cu3rFANF1iG6Q

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10752;80/st/20120701/e/Went+fulltime/dt/-2/k/271f/event.png

We had a good day also. Lunch at Branson Landing over looking Lake Taneycomo. Visit with cousins and a couple of beers at Table Rock Lake then home. The city of Hollister did fireworks just blocks away up the hill from the rv park. Cool.

While visiting cousins I got a call from our next stop in Memphis. They have to close due to the Mississippi River flooding. Yikes! So we have found a plan B place and we'll be going there on Monday.

Stay safe everyone.

Glad to hear that you found another spot Jeff...I'll call off my search for ya! Too bad you guys couldn't stay there...it looked like a great place when it's not flood season!

Roger

Roger & Lynn Rempe

Looks like everyone had a good time on the 4Th and would have had a better time if they had a 5th on tbe 4th. We had a picnic in the leasure room where it was nice and cool. The Pres cooked a nice thick pork chop for me because she knows I can't eat any of the prepared meats like hotdogs and brats. It was about an inch and a quarter thick, nice and juicy and so tender I didn't use my knife at all while I devoured it. I was in hog heaven.

We have had rain the last 4 evenings. We now have a mote down one side of the property. I guess it's safe to say the monsoon has started. The maintenance guy dug the ditches to install the new drip system just before it started to rain. They are now full of mud. He'll have to run the trencher over them again when they dry out before doing the plumbing. I think he likes playing with the new trencher so that should make him happy. The temperature here has been much lower but the increased humidity has mad it muggy so it still feels too darn warm. Mornings are nice and cool though.