The Class-less Class

Sandie & Jim

Congratulations Lee...so glad that everything worked out on the deal...yer quite the horse trader! :lol:

Roger

Roger & Lynn Rempe

Class of 2012 & "Class-less"!

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" -- Mark Twain (Innocents Abroad)

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This RV buying is like a soap operra. I finally agreed with the price and date so they sent me an order form. The numbers and date of pickup were stated but there was a second page that negated everything I asked for. Stating they could change the price if they had additional cost and i had no recourse if it wasn't delivered on time and that I would accept the unit as is and the company was not responsible for any damage in transit and a few other things that stripped away any right I had. I called them back and told them where to put their RV and contract. They have called back several times saying they would ammend the contract to take out anything I didn't agree with and the contract was written by the state of Iowa and they are required to use it. I told them I'll tell all my friends to never buy an RV in the state of Iowa then. The sales manager kept on talking about how good their customer satisfaction was so I just hung up. Then yesterday I drove over to Holiday world to look at their Coachmen PRISM and there was a Itasca Navion 24V parked next to the prism. The Navion and View are Identical. In fact they are built on the same assembly line. The Navion was a 2015 and had 4000 mile on it so they couldn't sale it as NEW. I started talking price and got them down to 8400 so I bought it and will pick it up Friday. Holiday World is in Las Cruces NM only 50 miles away. I got the insurance for it today and went to the bank and cut a Cashiers Check to take over there with me on Friday. I also got them to toss in window awnings $2000 and cab seat riser cushions $500 at no charge to me but will have to take the RV back to install them when they come in next week. Then this morning I found a mistake in the sales contract and went back over there. They corrected it so I said you should toss in a Maxair vent cover for making me drive back over their. To my surprise they did $100 for 100 miles over and back. Then as I walked out the door they handed me a new baseball cap and said we'll see you Friday. It looks like I will be able to get out of the heat this summer. I'm thinking about heading for Alpine AZ. It's near 8000 feet and only about 150 mile away. And so the world turns.ul

That's so exciting Lee. Congratulations.

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png

Thanks for all the congrats. I go to get it tomorrow morning at 10:30. Hope I don't lay awake all night thinking about it. I've pulled the little trailer out of site 20 to make room for it. After I take all the stuff out of the little trailer I'll park it in the storage area until I sell it.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

If you do stay awake , it will be a lot like when you were a kid on Christmas eve. Hey , go with it and just re-live your childhood . That's basically what most of us are doing now anyway !

OK Roy , hit it ! "Happy Trails To You" !

(How many have stayed at The Ranch/Lakewood ?)

stay tuned

popeye

Nice going Lee, I think that Itasca even has the flux-capacitor option included. Makes you feel good getting a good deal in the end. Next you'll get your new eyes and really get to reading the "fine print"! <_<

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

Well the Itasca is setting in my other site. It sure looks good there. I've had a string of guest this afternoon looking it over. Lot's of oohs and ahs. But I think the weather gods are jelous. The forcast was for 5 to 10 mph winds. Right now it's blowing at 35 and dust is blowing up all over. And I'm getting sea sick. Tomorrow while it's still cool I'll transfer the new equipment out of the little trailer and into the Navion. Then I can move the little trailer to storage and get my truck back so I can go to Wally World and get towels and waste basket etc. There are a few things I don't care for but generally speaking I'm happy as punch with it. And very tired. I'll bet I sleep tonight.

Edited by IYQ

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

We survived Topical storm Bill. Water from Turkey Creek came up to within 100' of the RV. Needed to get 2 or 3 feet deeper before it got to us. Now it's wet sauna time until this dries out. They are talking 100 or more degrees heat index for the next several days.

Lee, you didn't sleep in your new coach last night?

Stay cool and dry as well as safe everyone.

Jeff :)

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

http://rvtravelswith...a.blogspot.com/

Well the Itasca is setting in my other site. It sure looks good there. I've had a string of guest this afternoon looking it over. Lot's of oohs and ahs. But I think the weather gods are jelous. The forcast was for 5 to 10 mph winds. Right now it's blowing at 35 and dust is blowing up all over. And I'm getting sea sick. Tomorrow while it's still cool I'll transfer the new equipment out of the little trailer and into the Navion. Then I can move the little trailer to storage and get my truck back so I can go to Wally World and get towels and waste basket etc. There are a few things I don't care for but generally speaking I'm happy as punch with it. And very tired. I'll bet I sleep tonight.

Pictures please Lee, inside and out!

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png

Great news Lee, I'm sure you'll enjoy your new home. It should be easy for you to handle as soon as you find out where all the switches and buttons are. :lol:

"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
08 Dodge Dakota toad

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

Nope, I haven't slept in it yet and won't for a while. It has an under sink water filtration system and I don't know if the filter is new or used. I'm going to buy a couple more filters then sanitize the system before installing a new one. I don't know if it is safe to charge the water system without the filter in place or not and don't want to chance pressurizing the system without the filter. And if I clorox the water with the old filter it might filter out the clorox and not do a very good job at sanitizing. Do any of you have a 3M under sink unit and can till me if I'll drown the place if I pressurize the system without the filter in place. The filters are strange. They only have one connection that works as both input and output. I haven't looked up the literature on it yet but you know it's aginst the laws of MANhood to read the instructions. I went to Wally World this morning and bought a lot of the stuff to stock it with like towels, waste basket etc. One predicament, I can't find a place near the sink to mount a paper towel dispenser of the type where you put the new roll of towels on over the end of the roller. There are places large enough to mount the dispenser but something is in the way so you couldn't put a roll of towels on it. Stuff like the high rise fauset or the TV that swings out so you can see it from the cab seats. One place that would work is in the narrow strip above the convection oven but that could become a fire hazzard.

And sorry folks I slept like a log last night in my trailer. I had the sleepless night a couple nights ago when I found the mistake in the sales contract that I had already signed. I don't plan on living full time in the Navion. I'm leaving my old trailer on site 12 (The good site) and parking the Navion where I had the little trailer. The little trailer is in storage right now but will be sold or given away or pushed off Grand Canyon. The Navion is for trips. However I may change my mind on that later after I've spent some time in it.

Glad you finally managed to get a Navion.

I hung my most recent paper towel holder vertically; there was just no good place to put it horizontally. But mine was not one where you install the towels over the end of it. Might be best to just buy a new holder that will work where you have room for it.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Well, I got the filter problem solved. I opened a cabinet and found a funny looking plastic box like oblect with "Water filter by pass" written on it. I stuck it where the filter goes and Walla, problem solved. I still don't have the new filters yet though. Jimmy couldn't find it in any of his catalogs. I may have to track that down on the internet. But at least I can sanitize the water system now and hook up to that ever flowing spring that's out there by the Current bush.

I'll add my 2 cents and give Lee a big CONGRATS on the new rig.

It's a good thing we are stationery this summer. Ed had his left eye cataract removed and at that time, the doctor said the right wasn't bad enough. Well he went to get new glasses and they just couldn't get it right. There is so much difference in his eyes now that no matter what they did, he was seeing double. So we went back over to the eye doctor to see about getting the other eye done. The surgery is scheduled for July 30!! This doctor is so good he is booked that far in advance!! Although he is off for 2 weeks for vacation. So hopefully by the time we leave here in September, he will have new eyes with new glasses that work!!

Still hot and humid here in VA!!

Hang in there Ed! I almost had the same problem, but they finally gave in and said I could get both of them done. After I had the right eye done, it was apparent that the left was bad too and I was sure glad they were able to do it. I was seeing double for 10 days! Now I just finished the last of my eye drops today..WOO HOO! Tomorrow I go in for my new prescription, and this ordeal may be over. I can see fine at distance now, but still need readers. My problem is keeping up with readers and sunglasses. I think I'll just get a pair of bifocals with transition lenses so I don't have to keep changing glasses all the time. I can always take them off if I want to. I also got my new drivers license with no eye restrictions. Ha Good luck Ed,

"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
08 Dodge Dakota toad

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

I had my cataract surgury this morning so can't see too good right now but I'm a hoping. Now I'm loafing around the rig putting eye drops in my nose--ear--hair-- EYE (Ah! Finally) every 2 hours. I hope you can read this because I can't see that well without my glasses. The operation seemed to go smoothly but I was in prep a little over 2 hours and was about to get up off the gurney and come home when they finally wheeled me into the operating room. However, I had one nurse that was well worth looking at. The rest of them looked like they should be patients. A couple of them weighed in at about 350. It sure is boring sitting here this afternoon not being able to see well enough to read or tinker with something.

Hang in there Ed! I almost had the same problem, but they finally gave in and said I could get both of them done. After I had the right eye done, it was apparent that the left was bad too and I was sure glad they were able to do it. I was seeing double for 10 days! Now I just finished the last of my eye drops today..WOO HOO! Tomorrow I go in for my new prescription, and this ordeal may be over. I can see fine at distance now, but still need readers. My problem is keeping up with readers and sunglasses. I think I'll just get a pair of bifocals with transition lenses so I don't have to keep changing glasses all the time. I can always take them off if I want to. I also got my new drivers license with no eye restrictions. Ha Good luck Ed,

I had my cataract surgury this morning so can't see too good right now but I'm a hoping. Now I'm loafing around the rig putting eye drops in my nose--ear--hair-- EYE (Ah! Finally) every 2 hours. I hope you can read this because I can't see that well without my glasses. The operation seemed to go smoothly but I was in prep a little over 2 hours and was about to get up off the gurney and come home when they finally wheeled me into the operating room. However, I had one nurse that was well worth looking at. The rest of them looked like they should be patients. A couple of them weighed in at about 350. It sure is boring sitting here this afternoon not being able to see well enough to read or tinker with something.

Glad you guys are doing well with the cataract surgery. I will do the same Steve - bifocals and transition lenses. Carrying readers and sunglasses is a PITA to me.

Jeff

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

Paul and I made the move to transition lenses but they don't help much if you are driving. you'll still need sunglasses for that because the car windshield blocks whatever signal tells the glasses to darken.

Still, there are many times they are helpful, and yes there will be times when you walk into a building from bright sunlight and will have to wait for them to lighten.

Anyone who is in the far northern regions should look for the northern lights tonight again and maybe tomorrow too!!!

Sue and Paul- fulltimed 2009 -2015 with Dozer, our Gray Tuxedo cat

2012 DRV Mobile Suites 36TKSB4 pulled by a 2020 F350 Platinum

Our "vacation home" : 2018 Arctic Fox 1150 truck camper

RIP Dozey

http://soos-ontheroad.blogspot.com/

Paul and I made the move to transition lenses but they don't help much if you are driving. you'll still need sunglasses for that because the car windshield blocks whatever signal tells the glasses to darken.

Still, there are many times they are helpful, and yes there will be times when you walk into a building from bright sunlight and will have to wait for them to lighten.

Anyone who is in the far northern regions should look for the northern lights tonight again and maybe tomorrow too!!!

Sue - I never had a problem with my transitions not getting dark enough for driving. I just don't like changing glasses constantly and having to carry extra glasses. I've had photo gray or transitions for years and my prescription has never been very strong.

Ed and Linda - did Ed's glasses have a line or we're they progressive lenses. Progressive bifocals made it much easier for me.

Stay cool and dry everyone.

Jeff

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

Sue - I never had a problem with my transitions not getting dark enough for driving. I just don't like changing glasses constantly and having to carry extra glasses. I've had photo gray or transitions for years and my prescription has never been very strong.

Ed and Linda - did Ed's glasses have a line or we're they progressive lenses. Progressive bifocals made it much easier for me.

Stay cool and dry everyone.

Jeff

No he had the progressive and just couldn't get the head and eye movement down. We also have never had any problem with the transition lenses getting dark enough. Only time we ever have a problem is when we are driving directly into the sun and we carry a set of HD wrap around glasses for use if we need them.

Linda and Ed Lavin
lavinmh@yahoo.com

Ed is used to having 2 pairs of classes. He tried bifocals a long time ago and could never get used to them. He can't wait to get this other eye done. As it is now he's using his new eye (left) for distance and his right eye for reading!!

When I first got bifocals they made me sick. Then we went on a train trip where I took Dramamine. By the end of the three-day trip my glasses no longer made me sick.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

I had my morning after check up this morning and the doc said everything looks good. It's still a bit fuzzy but is improving as time goes by. This afternoon I sanitized the water system on the Navion. I may have to flush it one more time. I'll check that out in the morning. I about forgot to call Americas Mail Box to have them look for the title when it comes from the state and go register the Navion for me. I've only got a 30 day New Mexico permitt.