The Class-less Class

Sandie & Jim

We have gone in summer and spring - best part about spring is fewer people. We like that they have closed off part of the road and you have to take shuttle buses to the over looks - you can hop off the bus and hike the rim to the next overlook (distance varies) It really gives you a chance to be alone ( well mostly) along the rim.

Lastly - the North Rim is very different from the south rim - not as crowded - but is closed in Winter - usually mid May before it opens - also - not many places to stay so have to plan ahead to visit the north rim.

Hi there - Want to me some new class mates? Our new friends Roger and Lynn are at Benson in Site 264. They have an Airstream. Go on over and introduce yourselves.

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So now that it's all said and done, I can post our tale of woe!

Last Thursday - Happy Valentines' Day - our generator developed higher aspirations than to be just a 120 volt generator. On its own it spiked up to over 200 volts.

Cooked our converter and assassinated our television, before we disabled it! We diagnosed the problem as being the voltage regulator. Luckily for us we found a dealer in Lake Havasu City but unfortunately, the part was in California.

In the meantime, we saw that the television had a fuse where the power source went in. Hopeful!

So without power for 5 days, (boy does it get dark here), we waited for the part to arrive today. It was supposed to arrive at 10:00 am. It arrived at 1:30 pm. Doug installed it in 5 minutes. Whoppie - fixed.

Got the fuse for the tv but alas - it's done for.

We have got a battery charger so for the time being it is working just like our converter would.

While all this was going on my father had a suspected stroke and ended up in hospital. Not a stroke, small heart attack and he got a pacemaker installed.

My Facebook page got hijacked - What a mess - all fixed now.

This morning we ran out of propane.:angry::angry::angry::angry:

AND HOW WAS YOUR WEEK?

Doug and Toni Laird

2014 Nissan Versa

event.png

Hi there - Want to me some new class mates? Our new friends Roger and Lynn are at Benson in Site 264. They have an Airstream. Go on over and introduce yourselves.

Yes! Stop by...Dianne & Tom "warned us" about you guys :lol: and as you know they are to arrive here soon...perhaps tomorrow? Either way, Lynn and I are anxious to meet more of our "Class-Less" mates. Maybe after we shovel out from the snow storm that the weather guessers are predicting!

Roger & Lynn Rempe

Class of 2012 & "Class-less"!

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" -- Mark Twain (Innocents Abroad)

So now that it's all said and done, I can post our tale of woe!

Last Thursday - Happy Valentines' Day - our generator developed higher aspirations than to be just a 120 volt generator. On its own it spiked up to over 200 volts.

Cooked our converter and assassinated our television, before we disabled it! We diagnosed the problem as being the voltage regulator. Luckily for us we found a dealer in Lake Havasu City but unfortunately, the part was in California.

In the meantime, we saw that the television had a fuse where the power source went in. Hopeful!

So without power for 5 days, (boy does it get dark here), we waited for the part to arrive today. It was supposed to arrive at 10:00 am. It arrived at 1:30 pm. Doug installed it in 5 minutes. Whoppie - fixed.

Got the fuse for the tv but alas - it's done for.

We have got a battery charger so for the time being it is working just like our converter would.

While all this was going on my father had a suspected stroke and ended up in hospital. Not a stroke, small heart attack and he got a pacemaker installed.

My Facebook page got hijacked - What a mess - all fixed now.

This morning we ran out of propane.:angry::angry::angry::angry:

AND HOW WAS YOUR WEEK?

Sorry to hear about all that...especially the part about your Dad, Toni. Hope for his speedy recovery!

BTW, what brand of genny?

Roger & Lynn Rempe

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" -- Mark Twain (Innocents Abroad)

This seems to be a bad week for everyone. I ran into a access problems with Jin and rumours abound. :angry: People don't get it either, he's not just a dog I drag around because I like to have my dog with me. Got the flu like a lot of us and and now it's going to dump freezing rain and maybe snow on us tomorrow. If your near Yuma you're going to get nailed they say. At least some Escapees were able to lead me in the right direction to fix my netbook computer. :D Thanks.

Ain't life a joy.

Together we, Ranger and Jin

www.desertbandanna.com - The

Heartland North Country RETS31
2000 Ford F-350 Super Duty, Ext Cab, Dually 4x4, 7.3l diesel.

Toni - so sorry about your issues with the rig. You sure got to learn how the pioneers lived - go to bed at sundown and get up at sunrise. Hope you get everything fixed and working. And hoping your Dad is doing okay.

Jeri - sorry to hear you've had a lousy week also. Not easy to be at someone's bedside who is dying.

Sandie & Jim Dixon

Traveling with Scooter and Skittlez

www.wherearethedixonstoday.blogspot.com

Sorry to hear about all that...especially the part about your Dad, Toni. Hope for his speedy recovery!

BTW, what brand of genny?

My Dad is fine. Pacemakers are now done in day surgery!

Our generator is a Champion and is running great now. It was a simple transplant.

Doug and Toni Laird

2014 Nissan Versa

event.png

AND HOW WAS YOUR WEEK?

I had a birthday, and turned 60 on Sunday. So my week has been............. good. I worked all day and nothing broke in the CG, so even work was good. And then we had a party after I got off. Karla ordered pizza and a great cake and a good time was had by all. However, once the sun went down it got mighty cold and the party was cut a little short. A few of us stuck it out for a few hours longer, partly due to the Crown Royal taste testing that we did. The Black was voted best (I think)

Sorry to hear all that went on with you guys but it sounds like everything is turning out ok, (for the most part). Especially with your Dad.

travel safe and enjoy the ride

Eric and Karla Trippe w/ their dog Kora always in our thoughts
2006 3650 Georgie Boy Landau.. on a F53 chassis.
pulling a Malibu Maxx...w/ a kayak on top (Liquid Logic Duce Coupe)

09/16 update, after 8 yrs of fting, bought a house in Crystal Lake, IL

http://acoupleofboomers.blogspot.com

Hey Eric,Paul and I have arrived in Ft. Myers and will be here for a week.I'll check and see if I still have your email address, otherwise I'll send you a PM and see if you guys want to get together for dinner.

Hope everyone elses week improves!

Sue

Sue and Paul- fulltimed 2009 -2015 with Dozer, our Gray Tuxedo cat

2012 DRV Mobile Suites 36TKSB4 pulled by a 2020 F350 Platinum

Our "vacation home" : 2018 Arctic Fox 1150 truck camper

RIP Dozey

http://soos-ontheroad.blogspot.com/

Yes! Stop by...Dianne & Tom "warned us" about you guys :lol: and as you know they are to arrive here soon...perhaps tomorrow? Either way, Lynn and I are anxious to meet more of our "Class-Less" mates. Maybe after we shovel out from the snow storm that the weather guessers are predicting!

Good idea (warning...) We're in #315, or at least I am. Nancy is up in Tucson taking a watercolor painting class and will be back tomorrow evening, just in time for Lady's Night Out, but I'll be around and may stop by tomorrow if the weather isn't too crappy. Looking like a good day to hunker down, though.

Dave and Nancy

99 Foretravel U270 36'

02 Subaru WRX 14'

Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/roundfeet/

AND HOW WAS YOUR WEEK?

In comparison to you Toni and Jeri not bad. We took Megan to see the vet. in Kerrville Saturday morning for an infection in her right leg. She's ok now. On Sunday afternoon something came unplugged on the Jeep transmission and it wouldn't start. We were in a parking lot in Kerrville. Called our mechanic friend in Denver and he figured it out. We were stuck for an hour and a half. Other than that we're doing fine. Think we'll drive around this part of the Hill Country today for some sight seeing and then the 11th Street Cowboy Bar here in Bandera tonight for steak night. Be safe, later.

http://www.11thstreetcowboybar.com/

Tina and Jeff

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

http://rvtravelswith...a.blogspot.com/

Hey Eric,Paul and I have arrived in Ft. Myers and will be here for a week.I'll check and see if I still have your email address, otherwise I'll send you a PM and see if you guys want to get together for dinner.

Hope everyone elses week improves!

Sue

I just sent you a PM w/ our contact info.

travel safe and enjoy the ride

Eric and Karla Trippe w/ their dog Kora always in our thoughts
2006 3650 Georgie Boy Landau.. on a F53 chassis.
pulling a Malibu Maxx...w/ a kayak on top (Liquid Logic Duce Coupe)

09/16 update, after 8 yrs of fting, bought a house in Crystal Lake, IL

http://acoupleofboomers.blogspot.com

Thanks for the replies about the Grand Canyon. I'll pass the information on to my friend when we meet up on Sunday. In the meantime, you all be safe.

Hmmmmm guess I also need to relocate my pin on the map so I can keep Jeri guessing just where I might be hiding. :rolleyes:

Joe

Joe

The "Doghouse" 04 Tiffin Phaeton 40TGH

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

To brighten your day. If it can be said to happen on such a beautiful stormy day. Sitting at North Ranch the much vaunted and forecast storm came through, A mixture of rain then snow coming down quite heavy at times. A rare event indeed at our elevation. This has been very enjoyable even it it is cold. Storm will be here all day and tomorrow back to the same old 350 days of sunshine every year. In the meantime should imusic is good, classical or Pink Floyd? :)

Thanks for the update on your weather at North Ranch. Here at the fairgrounds in Tuscon Tom and Dianne got an early start out before the bad weather hit here. Started out this morning at 48 and now down to 35. Glyn, of course, had someone to meet at the TTT ten miles closer to town so I hope he is enjoying being stuck at the truck stop with all the other drivers. At one o'clock now just snow falling,oohhh,ahhhh how pretty. I left Alaska to get out of this stuff. Well at least I won't have to shovel this as Ranger reminds me it will be gone soon. Right? Hope everyone else is safe and warm until this is over around here. Diane

event.png

Glyn (KL0PG) & Diane Carson
2002 I-H 4400 Papa's Dream (Mama's Nightmare)
2015 Space Craft V400
Furkid Max

email: dlcarsonak@hotmail.com

Thanks for the update on your weather at North Ranch. Here at the fairgrounds in Tuscon Tom and Dianne got an early start out before the bad weather hit here. Started out this morning at 48 and now down to 35. Glyn, of course, had someone to meet at the TTT ten miles closer to town so I hope he is enjoying being stuck at the truck stop with all the other drivers. At one o'clock now just snow falling,oohhh,ahhhh how pretty. I left Alaska to get out of this stuff. Well at least I won't have to shovel this as Ranger reminds me it will be gone soon. Right? Hope everyone else is safe and warm until this is over around here. Diane

Hey... just sent you an e-mail and see your post. Sorry we missed you this morning, but sure enjoyed time with you both, and Lois & Bill, at the fairgrounds. Yes, snowing like crazy here in Benson, and just started about 1:00. Now, 30 minutes later, the ground is covered... and it's "real snow" and sticking! Once the weather clears a bit we are looking forward to our time at Saguaro SKP Park... Nancy and Dave here, and Lynn and Roger, also. Should be some fun gatherings! Best wishes to all! Stay safe, everyone! Dianne & Tom Edited by tdhomestead

Tom & Dianne Wartman
Class of 2012, and happy members of the Classless Class
2004 Newmar Mountain Aire MH
2005 Chevy Trailblazer

www.tdhomestead.blogspot.com

In Deming the snow has not arrived as yet. Infact it has been sunny all morning and still is. The wind is blowing like crazy and kicking up a dust storm every now and then. Its not a day to be working outside so I'm getting all kinds of rest today and don't really need it.

Doug and Toni, Sorry about your bad luck. I hope the skies turn a little bluer for you from now on.

How was my week. Pretty darn good. I feel better than I've felt all winter. I was even able to work for over a half day without any problems. And I can walk normally now without getting winded. If I can get past this wind storm and the snow they say we will get I won't complain. I think someone stole the Florida Mountains. I just looked out the window for them and can't see anything but dust.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

Came to AZ to get away from snow but its kinda neat...like when you get the the 1st one back "home". Hilarious to watch the media coverage...hysteria! Calling it a blizzard & showing roads that are wet but clear. Practically all melted here now! LOL!!

Roger & Lynn Rempe

In Deming the snow has not arrived as yet. Infact it has been sunny all morning and still is. The wind is blowing like crazy and kicking up a dust storm every now and then. Its not a day to be working outside so I'm getting all kinds of rest today and don't really need it.

Doug and Toni, Sorry about your bad luck. I hope the skies turn a little bluer for you from now on.

How was my week. Pretty darn good. I feel better than I've felt all winter. I was even able to work for over a half day without any problems. And I can walk normally now without getting winded. If I can get past this wind storm and the snow they say we will get I won't complain. I think someone stole the Florida Mountains. I just looked out the window for them and can't see anything but dust.

So glad you are feeling so much better.

Doug and Toni Laird

2014 Nissan Versa

event.png

AND HOW WAS YOUR WEEK?

The OS update on my phone broke it which left me without internet either since my phone is my hot spot so I had to drive 316 miles round trip to Phoenix to get it fixed.

And it hailed on my RV in Quartzsite this morning.

Sure hope we all had all year's bad luck this week so the rest of the year will be fine!

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Came to AZ to get away from snow but its kinda neat...like when you get the the 1st one back "home". Hilarious to watch the media coverage...hysteria! Calling it a blizzard & showing roads that are wet but clear. Practically all melted here now! LOL!!

Ya gotta remember these people never see snow. 350 days of sunshine a year. That was a once in 30 year snow in Phoenix. I've lived in the desert all my life and seen it snow before. Guess what? I think we're going to see more snow in the desert valleys in future years to come.

Ya gotta remember these people never see snow. 350 days of sunshine a year. That was a once in 30 year snow in Phoenix. I've lived in the desert all my life and seen it snow before. Guess what? I think we're going to see more snow in the desert valleys in future years to come.

The reporter was standing outside and in the background the streets were wet but clear of snow. I hear where you're coming from Ranger, but where I come from, if we took the advice to "stay off the roads" we'd never go to work, etc.! :rolleyes:

Roger & Lynn Rempe