The Class-less Class

Sandie & Jim

17 hours ago, Roger & Lynn said:

Hey Linda...how much snow so far? My guess, the Twin Cities do a better job on that than Texas, eh Jeff? :D

R

Not yet enough snow to plow. But, we certainly do have the plows! Texas has no reason to have plows. When we lived in Texas back in the late 1960s our landlady called out her 15 year old daughter to see her first snow.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We had to put our kitty Levi down today. He was nearly 18, think he had a good life. He was a good boy.  :(

I was funny to see how "silly" the locals were over the snow last week. I didn't become concerned in Colorado until it got to a foot deep. I lived there for 30 years before I bought my first 4x4 and 25 years before I bought my first set of chains. If it was bad I stayed home. 

Travel safe everyone.

Jeff   :(

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

http://rvtravelswith...a.blogspot.com/

Sorry to hear about Levi...he was a good travelin' cat.

R & L

Roger & Lynn Rempe

Class of 2012 & "Class-less"!

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" -- Mark Twain (Innocents Abroad)

7 hours ago, Onthego said:

I was funny to see how "silly" the locals were over the snow last week. I didn't become concerned in Colorado until it got to a foot deep. I lived there for 30 years before I bought my first 4x4 and 25 years before I bought my first set of chains. If it was bad I stayed home. 

It's both a case of what you are prepared for and a case of what you are used to. Each winter many Minnesotans have to learn all over again how to drive in snow. We tend to see lots of spinouts during the first snow of the year.

Linda

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

On 12/11/2017 at 7:42 PM, Roger & Lynn said:

MH is still in the shop...what's new?!!

Miss you all... R&L

OMG. You've got to be kidding but I know you aren't. Hang in there buddy.

Jeff

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

http://rvtravelswith...a.blogspot.com/

All's well here in Yuma.  We had visitors!!  Tom & Mary Jane stopped by on their way through and we had a nice visit.  Then we went out to eat at Foothills eatery and spirits, which is just across the road from our park and found it was pretty good!  Afterwards we came back to our rig and had a rousing game of Farkle before they shoved off.  I was good to see them again as they have been close to us three or four times but we never got to hook up.  Sounds like they're still "dancing around the country" and having a great time.  Now we had to watch ball games and didn't do so good!  Oklahoma University won in a squeaker against Kansas State, but the OKC Thunder and Packers didn't fare so well.  We did all we could, but to no avail.  Nice 94 degree day in Yuma today with a slight breeze.  Oh yeah that's the forecast for the next week or so.  Hmmm  Not like Oklahoma where they had a tornado or two yesterday.  Well time to head over to the pool and see what's going on..    Steve

Hmm this is an old post, but never got posted, so here it is anyway. 

Sorry to hear about Levi, I think there must be a special heaven for pets to frolic in.  Hugs for you guys.

Roger, have you ever considered opening a RV repair shop.  You probably have more experience than most owners.  There is a  Beaver parked two rigs down from ours and that guy had a bunch of trouble with his too.  So it not "just you"!! 

Linda, no snow in Yuma yet, but it was a bit nippy this morning at 49 degrees.  All the poodles have little coats on this morning. 

Hope everyone is doing fine, snow or no snow   Steve

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

2 hours ago, steved44 said:

Linda, no snow in Yuma yet, but it was a bit nippy this morning at 49 degrees.  All the poodles have little coats on this morning. 

Yeah, 49 ° is jacket weather. But at least it's not parka weather. :)

Linda

6 hours ago, steved44 said:

Roger, have you ever considered opening a RV repair shop.  You probably have more experience than most owners.  There is a  Beaver parked two rigs down from ours and that guy had a bunch of trouble with his too.  So it not "just you"!! 

Please pass along my sympathies to this poor soul...R :unsure:

Roger & Lynn Rempe

Class of 2012 & "Class-less"!

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" -- Mark Twain (Innocents Abroad)

As we close in on January I wanted to put it out there that Paul and I will arrive in Q likely on January 23rd.  We cant get there sooner because Havasu has a balloon fest the weekend before and we have people coming to the house.

Anyway, we will do quesadillas and margaritas either the 23 or 24 for anyone in the group who is still there.

so far, looks like a good group :)

Sue and Paul- fulltimed 2009 -2015 with Dozer, our Gray Tuxedo cat

2012 DRV Mobile Suites 36TKSB4 pulled by a 2020 F350 Platinum

Our "vacation home" : 2018 Arctic Fox 1150 truck camper

RIP Dozey

http://soos-ontheroad.blogspot.com/

I just wanted you to know that we have not "disappeared".  I read this forum almost everyday.

Facebook is a wonderful medium.  Without it I never would have been reunited with my son.  I have reconnected with dozens of childhood friends. We can see pictures of our many grandchildren and their day to day doings.

I will continue to post on the forum when I see fit.

Hi friends,

It is definitely starting to look a lot like Christmas. I am writing to you from Neepawa, Manitoba.  I can tell you we are sure glad we are only here for a week.  Christmas will be lovely with our daughter, her husband and two teenage sons (and three cats) but the weather is typical for Manitoba in the winter.  As I write this it is  minus 13* C which is 8* F.  Wind is blowing and there is snow.   Thankfully our motel room is warm and cozy.  Tonight we are going to a hockey game!

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png

7 hours ago, palamine said:

It is definitely starting to look a lot like Christmas. I am writing to you from Neepawa, Manitoba.  I can tell you we are sure glad we are only here for a week.  Christmas will be lovely with our daughter, her husband and two teenage sons (and three cats) but the weather is typical for Manitoba in the winter.  As I write this it is  minus 13* C which is 8* F.  Wind is blowing and there is snow.   Thankfully our motel room is warm and cozy.  Tonight we are going to a hockey game!

Hockey--now there's a winter activity for those of us in the frozen north. Glad you get to be with family for the holiday. Two of our three Minnesota-based families have gone to Thailand for Christmas. That should feel pretty weird for them, too.

Linda

DOUG AND I want to wish all of our RVing friends a very Merry Christmas and a happy, prosperous new year.  We look forward to seeing you down the road.

Doug and Toni Laird

2014 Nissan Versa

event.png

HO HO HO Merry Christmas everyone.  We just happened to be in SW Washington when one of their rare Christmas Eves with ice and snow rolled in.  We had to cancel Christmas Eve festivities 'cuz the roads were icy and many cars ended in the ditch.  Of course, this area of Washington isn't used to much snow and neither are the drivers.  Son had to park his car in town and walk home.  All the roads were closed off to traffic.  So, this morning we pushed Christmas unwrapping back to noon in hopes that the weatherman is right and roads will be cleared off by then.

Heading back to Arizona tomorrow.  So far, weatherman is saying weather should be fine.  Hope he's right!

Terry, Jeri and Buck

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

SWell, we had visitors!!  Tom & Mary Jane stopped by on their way through and we had a nice visit.  Then we went out to eat at Foothills eatery and spirits, which is just across the road from our park and found it was pretty good!  Afterwards we came back to our rig and had a rousing game of Farkle before they shoved off.  I was good to see them again as they have been close to us three or four times but we never got to hook up.  Sounds like they're still "dancing around the country" and having a great time.  Now we had to watch ball games and didn't do so good!  Oklahoma University won in a squeaker against Kansas State, but the OKC Thunder and Packers didn't fare so well.  We did all we could, but to no avail.  Nice 94 degree day in Yuma today with a slight breeze.  Oh yeah that's the forecast for the next week or so.  Hmmm  Not like Oklahoma where they had a tornado or two yesterday.  Well time to head over to the pool and see what's going on..    Steve

"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
08 Dodge Dakota toad

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

Jeri, just don't let Buck drive and you may make it safely!  Be careful out there.   We made it up to Paul & Sue's place in Havasu for Christmas and have had a blast.  60 degrees here today and a warming trend starting so all is well. 

Merry Christmas to all!!   Steve & Carol

"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
08 Dodge Dakota toad

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

We've made it back to the land of sunshine.  The temperature in Manitoba got as low as -30*C (which is where F and C* are the same).

For those of you who fly regularly, have you ever had this happen?  The Calgary airport was very busy and our plane missed the queue for de-icing.  So we were late, about an hour late at that time.  One hour turned to 2 hours when a young lady demanded to be let off the plane.  She said it was too late and wanted to fly the next day.  They let her!!! Consequently they had to get her luggage off too!  So that took another hour.  Then we had to get de-iced again.   So we ended up being more about 3 hours late.   We got to bed at 2:00 am.

It's so good to be home!!

Doug and Toni Laird

2014 Nissan Versa

event.png