The Class-less Class

Sandie & Jim

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think it served its purpose well for ten years but as most of us don't travel like we used to, it really doesn't get used. We've had wonderful times meeting up with all of you along the way and hopefully we aren't done meeting up totally.  Thanks to Dave and Jeri for all their work. We really appreciate it.

Sandie & Jim Dixon

Traveling with Scooter and Skittlez

www.wherearethedixonstoday.blogspot.com

Thanks to Dave and Jeri for the class map and keeping it going. We enjoyed meeting up our rv family during our travels, lots of good times. Thanks again.

Travel safe everyone.

Jeff and Tina 😊

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

http://rvtravelswith...a.blogspot.com/

We really loved the map.  It added so much to the adventure and we could show others another facet to the full-timing life.  Thanks to Jeri & Dave!!!

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

• 2 weeks later...

So, Terry and I met up with Joe and Sharon yesterday.  What fun!  I love meeting up with the ol' gang (not OLD gang).  We sat and chatted for hours at the Chimacum Cafe which is just down the road from the Dwyer's summer place.

Love Port Townsend and especially when the weather is gorgeous like it has been.  Timing is everything.

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

• 1 month later...
9 hours ago, hamrs_62 said:

would like to be made aware of get together's, or rally's

The biggest one is Escapade 2020 to be held next June in Rock Springs, WY. If you watch your Escapee Magazine you can find a listing of events and meets in various parts of the country in each issue. There are even listings of restaurant gatherings that are open to all SKPs who happen to be nearby. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't posted for a while so a short update. Our 19 year old Granddaughter stayed with us this summer. She got a job and because of her schedule we weren't able to go camping like we had hoped. She flew back to Arizona on 8/16.

I've been working on my race car this summer replacing head gaskets but it is so hot in the garage that an hour or 2 in the morning is all I'd do. I never sweat this much in 40 years in Colorado.

Our housing development has a private storage facility. We had 2 trailers there, the race car and an enclosed motorcycle trailer full of car parts and garage tools. We went over o 8/24 to get the race car trailer and discovered the small trailer had been stolen. Home owners insurance covered about half our loss. The race car is still at our house.

On 9/11 I had full right knee replacement. I'm walking around ok but need to work on getting full range of motion. Can't drive until I get off the high powered pain meds which I hope to do in the next week or 2.

Travel safe everyone,

Jeff    😊

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

Good to hear from you guys. We have cooled down a lot (into the lower 90s) so Jim finally got to go fishing today. He came home exhausted but happy.

We also had a theft here in the park a couple of weeks ago. Our friends trailer got hit hard (we have what we call overflow parking here inside the park where we can leave our trailers). We didn't lose that much - only a few hundred dollars worth of stuff. We think they got interrupted because they only took one of our friend's propane tanks and left lots of stuff in his bays.  It's just such a horrible feeling when you are robbed.

Good luck with that knee - keep working it.

Hope everybody had a great summer and if anybody gets out our way this winter, we'd love to see you.

Sandie & Jim Dixon

2 hours ago, Onthego said:

On 9/11 I had full right knee replacement. I'm walking around ok but need to work on getting full range of motion.

Getting fully straight is just as important as getting a full bend. Voice of experience here. Just keep at it until you get there; you will not be sorry.

Sorry about the theft. I suspect you feel quite invaded. It's had to recover mentally from that. It helps a bit if you can remind yourself it's just stuff and you and Tina are safe.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

• 1 month later...

We are making "final" plans to spend the next couple of months in AZ. Plan is to leave this coming Friday. It will be great to see the ol' rv gang again. We'll be in Q for the Big Tent in January for sure. See y'all soon.

Travel safe everyone.

Tina and Jeff  😊

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

11 hours ago, Onthego said:

We are making "final" plans to spend the next couple of months in AZ. Plan is to leave this coming Friday. It will be great to see the ol' rv gang again. We'll be in Q for the Big Tent in January for sure. See y'all soon.

Travel safe everyone.

Tina and Jeff  😊

We won't be going to Q this year. But if you get anywhere near Apache Junction, we sure would like to see you guys.

Sandie & Jim Dixon

On 12/8/2019 at 7:39 PM, Sandie & Jim said:

We won't be going to Q this year. But if you get anywhere near Apache Junction, we sure would like to see you guys.

We are going to really try to be in that area before we go to Q.

We had planned to leave tomorrow but.....

Someone ordered something on Monday but it won't be here until tomorrow and we can't leave without it.

Took the Jeep in last week to get a recharge on the AC. It didn't work so took it to another place on Monday. Just got it back this morning.

Also I had a yearly eye appointment this afternoon and my eyes are still dilated.  

Our HOA allows the RV to be here for only 48 hours so we'll go get it in the morning and try to leave Saturday.  Yipppeee!!!!!!

Travel safe everyone.

Jeff    😊

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

Jeff and Tina - sure looking forward to getting together with you guys. Hope you can get out of town.

We had dinner with Jeri and Terry yesterday. Was a good time. Jeri keeps herself (and Terry) busy enough for 10 people.

Sandie & Jim Dixon

6 hours ago, Sandie & Jim said:

Jeff and Tina - sure looking forward to getting together with you guys. Hope you can get out of town.

We had dinner with Jeri and Terry yesterday. Was a good time. Jeri keeps herself (and Terry) busy enough for 10 people.

Looks like we leave in the morning. Will stay in the Benson area until after the holidays then move up to the Mesa area before going to Q.

Jeri keeps them going for sure.

It's going to be cool to see everyone again.

Travel safe everyone

Jeff   😊

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

Jeff & Tina --  Hope to see you when you're around. 

Yes, I've been busier this year than I've ever been.  Need to learn to keep my mouth shut when it comes to volunteering!  We finally cleared a night for dinner with Jim and Sandie.  It's so good to see our Escapee friends from way back when!   We miss you all!  Haven't had time to blog ... not sure I will much in the future but maybe.    Joe keeps reminding me to get with it tho'.  I also forget to get on the forum ... old age?   We're looking forward to Christmas and we'll be spending it with the Kids in Washington.  You all know my email (I think) so if you're in the area send me a text ... 

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

6 hours ago, Wanderin said:

Joe keeps reminding me to get with it tho'.  We're looking forward to Christmas and we'll be spending it with the Kids in Washington.  You all know my email (I think) so if you're in the area send me a text ... 

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

HAHAHAHAHA, and I will keep it up.  Sharon and I will be in Seaside, OR for New Years, maybe we can set up a meeting somewhere?

Hey Linda,  just not a lot to say but I do at least read the board a few times a week.  Was actually in Yuma not to long ago and met up with Steve, Carol, and Jerry.  Janice was under the weather that day.  😞

Joe

Joe

The "Doghouse" 04 Tiffin Phaeton 40TGH

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

6 hours ago, Striper said:

Hey Linda,  just not a lot to say but I do at least read the board a few times a week. 

Good to hear from you and not just about you. :)  We are stuck in another Minnesota winter but are otherwise doing well.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year from Virginia.  We are still doing well, working part time to keep us busy and help to pay for our cruises!!  No cruise coming this summer though, we are go to take a driving tour to Cooperstown and Saratoga, New York and then over to Springfield and Boston Mass. 

Best wishes to all

Linda and Ed

Linda and Ed Lavin
lavinmh@yahoo.com

I don't want to feel like a stranger here.  I treasure the friendships that we made on the road.  Dearest friends

MERRY MERRY CHRISTMAS.  HAPPY 2020 (can you believe it)

We may not be able to travel anymore but there is plenty of room in our driveway.  Please come visit.

Much love!!

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png