The Class-less Class

Sandie & Jim

5 hours ago, palamine said:

4 hours and 54 minutes but you could alter your route a bit and come only a little way out of your way.

Wow, that's a bit of a drive.  Not sure yet when the trip up that way will be, could be during the winter though and that's a stretch in the snow they get up that way.

Enjoy your new place though.

Joe

Joe

The "Doghouse" 04 Tiffin Phaeton 40TGH

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

21 hours ago, Striper said:

Teri, are you guys going to be at your place in S. WA this summer?

Joe

I'm thinking you mean us?  We'll be there sometime -- maybe end of May or maybe June.  We have big remodeling projects to do on our place.  So, if you're heading down, bring a hammer and your credit card!  :)

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

42 minutes ago, Wanderin said:

I'm thinking you mean us?  We'll be there sometime -- maybe end of May or maybe June.  We have big remodeling projects to do on our place.  So, if you're heading down, bring a hammer and your credit card!  :)

Yep, you be the one's I was referring to.:lol:  As for the Hammer part, not a problem.  Credit Card is already getting hit with my remodeling project here.:rolleyes:  But I do hope to get down that way sometime this year.  Might not be until September though.

Joe

Joe

The "Doghouse" 04 Tiffin Phaeton 40TGH

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

On 3/27/2017 at 7:07 PM, Roger & Lynn said:

So, June 9th in Bend shouldn't be too bad?

We've got from now till then to get there...any suggestions for stops along the way?

R & L,

Trust me you will be just fine in Bend in June.....oh ya....

I was hatched in Central Oregon and family has had homes since before it was a state (1859)....so here is the weather deal..... only TWO years in a row do I recall watching the Fourth of July fire works in a snow storm......not many places in the lower 48 can have fire works in the snow on the 4th.

.....ya know that second year that it snowed we lost a few Kalifornians......

Now the good news ......as I recall I have seldom needed to plow much snow in July in Bend......

We still own a couple places in Bend but we don't need to arrive until it gets over a +100 at our AZ & NV places......

You will likely survive Bend if you take your parka, heavy boots and thick gloves.....

Bend has Two seasons.....Snow & Forest Fires......

On 3/27/2017 at 6:17 PM, Wanderin said:

I've seen those t-shirts too.  However, Oregon does have a summer with very little rain. The problem is people don't always visit during the right time of year.  Summer doesn't start until late June or early July in the PNW running usually through the end of September.  I said usually because this year has not been usual anywhere.

We have owned a place just South of Waldport forever and almost every year in mid-summer you will have 90 days or more with NO measurable moisture AT ALL.......NONE...

We had a 2000 ft long turf airstrip that mowed a lot until mid June then it turned brown and never needed mowing until March.....

Now when it rains in can get with the program .......sometimes a inch in a hour but you just put your rain gear on and stay away from swollen fast running water......

Oregon is.....Oregon.....there might be a reason more folks live in Kalifornia .......

Drive on.......(gotta go mow the ..... airstrip)

97 Freightshaker Century Cummins M11-370 / 1350 /10 spd / 3:08 /tandem/ 20ft Garage/ 30 ft Curtis Dune toybox with a removable horse-haul-module to transport Dolly-The-Painthorse to horse camps and trail heads all over the Western U S

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/20/2018 at 2:40 PM, sandsys said:

I was thinking of you two today. I don't know if you've been reading my blog but I have returned to the hobby of building Lego kits. Today I was working on a photography studio. Can you imagine seamless made from Lego bricks? When I finish the second floor of the three buildings in the Assembly Square kit I will post pictures that will include the photography studio.

Linda 

http://sandcastle.sandsys.org

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png

Just now, palamine said:

Unbelievable.  A month ago, I did not know which way my life was going.   Today we are just about moved into our summer digs.  We are still sleeping in the big motor home because the big furniture doesn't come until tomorrow.  We have set everything else up and it is just weird.  Doug has an office, I have a craft room, kitty has her own room too.  The kitchen is immense and even though I was the one to put everything away, I cannot find things.  We have barely touched the gardens.  Doug got the lawns all cut.

Wednesday, we trade the big motor home for the bit smaller one.  Then we will equip it.  We hope to take our maiden voyage in it before the end of the month.  Just a little one back to the park to see our friends.

When making your plans for summer travel, why not include British Columbia.  You'll have to leave your guns at home but we have a big driveway.

Doug and Toni Laird

2014 Nissan Versa

event.png

22 hours ago, palamine said:

We have set everything else up and it is just weird.  Doug has an office, I have a craft room, kitty has her own room too.  The kitchen is immense and even though I was the one to put everything away, I cannot find things.

You remind me why we decided to go small even after full time RVing--we liked having everything and each other so close. Even so, I still do not know where to find everything in the kitchen--partly because our daughter set it up with Dave slightly modifying things. You will, eventually, figure out your kitchen but having to chase each other down when you want to talk might continue to be a challenge. But, maybe not. I hope it turns out you like your new place as well as we like ours.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

On 4/30/2018 at 6:50 PM, palamine said:

Unbelievable.  A month ago, I did not know which way my life was going.   Today we are just about moved into our summer digs.  We are still sleeping in the big motor home because the big furniture doesn't come until tomorrow.  We have set everything else up and it is just weird.  Doug has an office, I have a craft room, kitty has her own room too.  The kitchen is immense and even though I was the one to put everything away, I cannot find things.  We have barely touched the gardens.  Doug got the lawns all cut.

Wednesday, we trade the big motor home for the bit smaller one.  Then we will equip it.  We hope to take our maiden voyage in it before the end of the month.  Just a little one back to the park to see our friends.

When making your plans for summer travel, why not include British Columbia.  You'll have to leave your guns at home but we have a big driveway.

Congrats on your new place!

We got the keys (and garage door openers) to our new house yesterday. New couch and mattress  were delivered yesterday also. Tomorrow the refrigerator, washer and dryer, today road trip to Bandera to get the hutch at an antique store. Still need a lot of furniture. Emptied our little 6x8 enclosed trailer and haven't seen some of the stuff in 6 1/2 years. We also have a 10x20 that is stuffed but no furniture.

Last week the weather was nice this week it's rainy. Bummer. 

Travel safe everyone.

Jeff    ☺️

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

http://rvtravelswith...a.blogspot.com/

Lots of changes going on in everybody's lives, fun stuff.

Dave & Diane

2020 New Horizon Majestic  5th wheel

2018 Ram 5500

2014 Tiffin Phaeton 42LH (SOLD)
2012 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited (SOLD)

http://daveanddiane.wordpress.com/

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWqRmO1rO4cu3rFANF1iG6Q

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10752;80/st/20120701/e/Went+fulltime/dt/-2/k/271f/event.png

On 5/2/2018 at 5:44 AM, Onthego said:

Congrats on your new place!

We got the keys (and garage door openers) to our new house yesterday. New couch and mattress  were delivered yesterday also. Tomorrow the refrigerator, washer and dryer, today road trip to Bandera to get the hutch at an antique store. Still need a lot of furniture. Emptied our little 6x8 enclosed trailer and haven't seen some of the stuff in 6 1/2 years. We also have a 10x20 that is stuffed but no furniture.

Last week the weather was nice this week it's rainy. Bummer. 

Travel safe everyone.

Jeff    ☺️

Super, close to when you thought.  Enjoy, enjoy!!!!

Jerry and Janice

http://www.toadswildadventures.blogspot.com/

Just travelin' down life's highway-toot-toot!

More and more of us are settling down at least semi-permanently. We must be getting old, huh? I sure do like living in a place that has a restaurant, bar, and cafe all under our same roof. Now if we just had an RV park for all of you who are still moving...

Linda

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Did I miss something?  Are we not keeping the class map up to date?  I know most of us are sitting still, but still....

So we are all settled in our summer place and ready for guests.  We have a big driveway so put away those weapons and come on up to wine country.

Doug and Toni Laird

2014 Nissan Versa

event.png

5 hours ago, palamine said:

Did I miss something?  Are we not keeping the class map up to date? 

Google wants Dave's credit card information to keep the map going. The few members who responded to my inquiry about that said not to do it. The map is still there but who knows for how long. I don't know if you can still update it.

Linda

On 5/14/2018 at 9:14 AM, palamine said:

Did I miss something?  Are we not keeping the class map up to date?  I know most of us are sitting still, but still....

So we are all settled in our summer place and ready for guests.  We have a big driveway so put away those weapons and come on up to wine country.

On 5/14/2018 at 2:33 PM, sandsys said:

Google wants Dave's credit card information to keep the map going. The few members who responded to my inquiry about that said not to do it. The map is still there but who knows for how long. I don't know if you can still update it.

Linda

We are on the move toward Phoenix for a Granddaughter's high school graduation. We've stopped in senic Fort Stockton for the night. Tomorrow night should be Deming then Tempe.

Sure glad we washed the motorhome Monday we've been rained on twice this afternoon. Somehow the rain gods know when we are on the road. LOL!

The map worked for me.

Travel safe everyone.

Jeff    ☺️

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

We had lunch with Jim and Sandie yesterday. Lots of catching up was done. They are looking good and are ready to hit the road again soon.

Our Granddaughter wants to be an EMT so last night she had her tech school graduation and Thursday will be her high school graduation with a party tomorrow night. Just a little busy. LOL!   We'll be heading back to Texas on Friday.

Travel safe everyone.

Jeff    ☺️

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

HELP - fellow bloggers

A while back I started a new blog.  I have made several posts to that new blog but for the past 2 days I cannot access it.  I sign in and then out, and each time I am taken back to my Palamine blog.  Anyone know what has happened and how do I get to my Stixandbrix account.

I have gone on the blogger forums and they are no help.

Doug and Toni Laird

2014 Nissan Versa

event.png

On 5/22/2018 at 6:47 AM, Onthego said:

We had lunch with Jim and Sandie yesterday. Lots of catching up was done. They are looking good and are ready to hit the road again soon.

Jeff    ☺️

So glad that you guys had time to fit us in. Sure did make our day. And for the rest of you, you were all discussed and missed. Hopefully on the road on June 3.

Sandie & Jim Dixon

Traveling with Scooter and Skittlez

www.wherearethedixonstoday.blogspot.com

On 5/22/2018 at 7:08 AM, palamine said:

HELP - fellow bloggers

A while back I started a new blog.  I have made several posts to that new blog but for the past 2 days I cannot access it.  I sign in and then out, and each time I am taken back to my Palamine blog.  Anyone know what has happened and how do I get to my Stixandbrix account.

I have gone on the blogger forums and they are no help.

Fixed it.  Wrong gmail account.

Doug and Toni Laird

2014 Nissan Versa

event.png

7 hours ago, palamine said:

Fixed it.  Wrong gmail account.

Sounds like something I would do. I have three email accounts and am not always in the one I think I'm in. Makes a mess every time that happens.

Linda

On ‎4‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 4:14 PM, sandsys said:

I'm slow on the uptake today. At first I wondered what Linda Lavin was up to now. :)

Linda

Hi everyone,

We are doing great.  We moved to a downstairs apt back in October.  So much better. Specially with groceries.  I am enjoying my part time job at Kohl's. I usually give at least half of my paycheck back to them! LOL.  Ed has gone back to Amazon here in Chester Virginia. He is quitting for good the end of July.  We are taking a cruise to Alaska over Labor Day. Really looking forward to that. We fly into Seattle on Aug 30th and get back into Seattle on Sept 7th. We will then spend the weekend with Ed's daughter in Tacoma and fly home Monday. Just enjoying being close to my daughter and family. Son and DIL are coming over the 4th of July so we are busy planning things with them.

Sounds like everyone is settling down somewhere and not traveling as much. I do still read a few blogs still. Today I just decided to read a few posts of the forum.  Was looking for an update on Marsha. Anyone heard? Paul posted a blog some time back but wondered if they made it to Ohio.

Linda and Ed

Linda and Ed Lavin
lavinmh@yahoo.com

Linda and Ed - good to hear that everything is working out for you guys. We are still planning on being in your area in October. Haven't heard any updates on Marsha. Hopefully Paul will post something for us. Our plans are to leave Apache Junction this Sunday. Going to be 110 here that day.

Sandie & Jim Dixon

Traveling with Scooter and Skittlez

www.wherearethedixonstoday.blogspot.com

5 hours ago, Sandie & Jim said:

Linda and Ed - good to hear that everything is working out for you guys. We are still planning on being in your area in October. Haven't heard any updates on Marsha. Hopefully Paul will post something for us. Our plans are to leave Apache Junction this Sunday. Going to be 110 here that day.

Looking forward to it.

Linda and Ed Lavin
lavinmh@yahoo.com

We are still here in our new digs in Yuma.  Today a group from the park went to the Colorado river and floated a couple of hours.  Seems they do this once a week during the summer and then have breakfast afterwards.  15 people showed up and we had a blast.  The water was not too cold (after the first dip) and the current is old people slow!!   Been pretty quiet around here with all the winter people gone, but we still have some action.  The truck had a problem though.  It started going into 4x4 by itself.  Just driving down the road and all of a sudden it shifts into 4 high.  It's that 2008 Dodge Dakota that we have towed for the last 6 or 7 years.  A day or two later we had to use the 4x4 in some sand and after we finished it wouldn't shift back into 2 wheel drive.  Seems the electric motor that does the shifting burned up.  AArrrgghhh  Nothing that a thousand dollars won't fix.  Oh well, it's been a great truck for 130,000 miles plus being towed another 30,000 or so I guess I can let it off the hook this time.  Dodge fixed it in one day and loaned me a vehicle to drive so I guess it was not all bad.  I do hate being "shiftless" though.  104 here in Yuma today (but it's a dry heat)  ha ha.  Hope everyone is doing great.   Steve

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"