Cheap propane!

dartmouth01

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have decided to stay up north this winter, cheapest propane refills in the area is at a local Amish store Dec., Jan. recap follows

100# cylinders

$55.00 early to mid Dec.

$70.00 2 weeks ago

$135.00 this Tues.

at approx. 20 gallons per tank that works out to, oh yeah, RIDICULOUS!

all above + tax

In town price $175.86 + tax

We have 4 100# tanks but we're warm and toasty !

" Life should Not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving in a pretty and well preserved body,

but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming,

WOW what a Ride ! "

In Las Vegas NV. it is around $2.99 gal., depending where you go. Delivered to the RV park (for those who don't want to or can't move) $3.50 gal. Dave

2006 Coachmen Aurora 36ft. Class A motor home. 2009 Honda CRV toad. "Snowbirds" apprx. 6 mos. each year. Travelling to the SW each winter than returning to Wi. each summer. Retired and enjoying our travels along with Buddy the cat.

I just filled a 30 lb bottle today in El Cajon, Ca. 7 gallons for $21 including tax. Its only a block away so not much for diesel to get it...LOL.

I switched from using the little electric heaters to my catalytic since they charge a fortune here for electricity. I love that wave heater, just on low it keeps us nice and toasty and its very efficient.

<p>....JIM and LINDA......2001 American Eagle 40 '.towing a GMC Sierra 1500 4X4 with RZR in the rear. 1999 JEEP Cherokee that we tow as well.

IT IS A CONTENTED MAN WHO CAN APPRECIATE THE SCENERY ALONG A DETOUR.

• 4 weeks later...

Unfortunately you forgot to indicate that you have to include an efficiency factor in for propane appliances, like 70-80% for furnaces where as an electric heater is ~100% efficient. And for some older furnaces, the efficiency may be as low as 60%.

Barb

Or nearly 100% for a propane-fired catalytic heater. BTW, do you have the reference for the law on 80% fill limitation?

Jim N5RTG

WBCCI #4822

RV Service Net/WBCCI ARC Member

full-timing since 2007

Airstream CCD 25 & Silverado 8.1L Allison/3.73

260 watts roof-top solar panels

visit us at http://dreamstreamr.com

Way to go, SmokyJoe! I was going to mention Bretz RV's locations, for $0.99/gallon. What a deal!, and free coffee to boot.

On the other hand, Camping World near Tallahassee FL three weeks ago, over $4.50/gallon. Rip off. Should have waited until Flying J, a dollar cheaper same day. Our error.

Jim N5RTG

WBCCI #4822

RV Service Net/WBCCI ARC Member

full-timing since 2007

Airstream CCD 25 & Silverado 8.1L Allison/3.73

260 watts roof-top solar panels

visit us at http://dreamstreamr.com

Or nearly 100% for a propane-fired catalytic heater.

But in reality the required ventilation to control combustion gasses and moisture can take the 100% efficiency down to below what a good furnace can provide.

The main reason for a catalytic or flame heater for us wasn't the efficiency which seemed about the same but the lack of noise, no power draw when boondocking and we liked the radiant heat better than the blowing warm air from the furnace.

First rule of computer consulting:

Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day.

Sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.

Needed to fill propane today. The Flying J at the next exit from us has usually been the cheapest. Found out the current charge is $4.00 per gallon . Decided to check with a small hardware in the opposite direction and yes - they will fill a motorhome and it's $3.75 gallon there. Pack up and head to fill the tank. They got ready to pump and discovered that THEIR tank had a propane leak. Called service and was advised not to pump any propane. Referred us to another place a couple miles away and we got it for $3.50 per gallon. That is the cheapest fill we have had this winter. Sometimes the troubles you go thru are worth it.

Pat DeJong

Here at "The Original Ranch", Escapees Co-Op in S.E. NM, our electricity is $0.09 per kw. Locally, propane delivered

to our 100 gal?/pound? tank, was $3.39+tx..... It is considerably most economical to heat with electricity!

Actually our maintenance fees, payable in January, break down to less than $100.00/monthly...this year is about $86.00.

If you are looking for economy in your selection of a "home base".... come check us out! Currently, we do have a few

leasehold lots available.....

Check the Escapees RV Parks listings for our current offer of a week's stay for $50. to Escapee members who have

never been here. There is a "coupon" available on the SKP website....

In late 2000 I became a leaseholder, have never had any intention of going elsewhere. We are also known as "the

Friendliest" SKP park in the system!

Let me know if you are a musician.... We have a string group who jam on Thursdays.....I play my AWESOME

Arranger keyboard for our daily Happy Hour and LOVE jamming with other musicians who play whatever they

play, either in the Ranch House or at my rig on Lot 92, the big 5th wheel on the S.E. corner of Windmill Vista....

Elizabeth aka E2/etwo.....

AN EVOLVING HUMAN CONSCIOUSNESS...BEING HERE NOW...FT RV'R 30 YRS SO FAR...

Does anyone have current prices for LP in the AZ area? What is happening across the US? Thanks!

Safe Travels

SKP #89742 - Lifetime membership - Member of the SKP Class of 2007
Good Sam Club - Lifetime Member
DataStorm #5423
Passport America - Lifetime Member
Sons Of The American Revolution (SAR) - Lifetime Member
American Legion - USAF - Lifetime Member
Rotary Club Member - 30 years

Escapee CARE Supporter

National Wildlife Refuge Volunteer

Prices of propane have been going up due to the extreme cold this year. Some areas had shortages because of the problems with getting supplies to the areas due to the weather and road conditions. Keep hoping that it will warm up more and the prices will start dropping again.

Pat DeJong

• 3 weeks later...

In Texas at Flying J in Kathy it was $3.69 a gallon yesterday.

Safe Travels!

SKP #89742 - Lifetime membership - Member of the SKP Class of 2007
Good Sam Club - Lifetime Member
DataStorm #5423
Passport America - Lifetime Member
Sons Of The American Revolution (SAR) - Lifetime Member
American Legion - USAF - Lifetime Member
Rotary Club Member - 30 years

Escapee CARE Supporter

National Wildlife Refuge Volunteer

• 2 weeks later...

Here in Hemet, CA it's been crazy. Two weeks ago it was $2.79 a gallon and last Sat. it went to $1.25 and then went to $1.29 a gallon. Yes.....I'm runnin' everything on propane and filling extra bottles!!!! rockin'

Update: 4/18/2014......today I paid $1.19 a gallon. Propane war going on here! Remember gas wars? rockin'

'12 Excel Limitied 33ft GKE Full Timing '14 Chev 3500 CC DRW D/A named Bullet

Where we are in Paradise, CA, a truck comes around every week to fill tanks. This morning I paid 3.45 per gallon.

Trish & Raquel

--------

"Road Runner" -- 2005 Volvo VNL780, 500hp Cummins ISX, Ultra-Shift, ET-Hitch, 198" wb

"Wile E." -- 2013 Heartland Landmark San Antonio

• 2 weeks later...

Way to go, SmokyJoe! I was going to mention Bretz RV's locations, for $0.99/gallon. What a deal!, and free coffee to boot.

On the other hand, Camping World near Tallahassee FL three weeks ago, over $4.50/gallon. Rip off. Should have waited until Flying J, a dollar cheaper same day. Our error.

Now Bretz has you fill out a form to be a camping club member. No big deal. If you dont have the member designaion you may a bit more.

Bretz RV in Boise is 99 cents per gallon today.

I picked up their RV Parts & Accessory catalog as I paid for my propane. The lower left hand corner of the front cover shows 99 cent/gallon propane, available seasonally, restrictions apply. Looks like they will continue the propane pricing to get customers in the store.

Bretz has stores in Billings and Missoula, Mt and Boise, ID per the catalog.

Warren & Sandy

2006 New Horizons 36 ft 5ver

2003 Freightliner FL60 - Mountain Master conversion

Archived