6 replies to this topic

#1 CoolJudy

CoolJudy

Major Contributor

• Validated Members
  • 1087 posts
  • SKP#:89390

Posted 27 May 2012 - 06:09 PM

For many years the SKP Boomers BOF have hosted a rally at the ABQ Balloon Fiesta and since there is NOT going to be a Balloon Fiesta HOP this year, we have decided to open up our registration for 2012. We have 40 spaces pre-reserved for our 12-night rally starting Oct. 3 and running until the day after Fiesta ends, Oct. 15 (+/- depending on your dates). We dry-camp in the RV Standard parking area, directly along the main landing zone, and the cost is only $270 (includes discounts for coming in early and staying more than 9-days). We also assist folks in learning how to "crew" and get you assigned to balloon pilots so you can earn a free entry to all events during Fiesta. We also have daily Happy Hours, a Potluck, and other activities.

To get further information on how to register for the "2012 Balloons and Boomers" (and others) rally, send your email address to: abq_boomers_2012@yahoo.com

Judy and Luke Rinehimer
SKP #89390
ABQ Boomer Rally Hosts since 2008

Edited by CoolJudy, 27 May 2012 - 06:10 PM.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
Yes, there really is a COOL, California.
Judy, Luke, and Star
SKP# 89390 - Boomers, SKP Elks, SKP Geocachers, Chapt. 8
FMCA, WIT, Datastorm User #15998, SKYPE: coolrvers
CoolRVers on the Road Blog
2007 Itasca Horizon 40TD and 06 Honda CR-V

#2 JoeandMarcia

JoeandMarcia

Major Contributor

• Validated Members
  • 2296 posts
  • SKP#:97020

Posted 27 May 2012 - 08:37 PM

We did the balloon feista this past year with Cool Judy and the Boomers and had a blast! Marcia chose to help crew and enjoyed it very much. She was even lucky enough to get a ride in one of the balloons. I on the other hand stayed in bed until the balloons started landing right in front of the rig. It was an awesome sight seeing balloons float across the top of the rig and watching some of them landing only yards away from our rig. If we were going to be on that side of the world this year we would be signing up for sure.
Chasing the 70's

You can follow us using My link

I may not know what town I will be sleeping in,
But I know I'll be sleeping in MY bed.

#3 CoolJudy

CoolJudy

Major Contributor

• Validated Members
  • 1087 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 08:47 PM

Thanks Joe for the endorsement! We had 46 rigs with us last year. I think the SKP HOP (and other club caravans) have priced themselves out of the market for just a 4 or 5 day event. Weather can play havoc for rallys that only cover one weekend. We like to say, "come early, stay late and see it all!"
Judy, Luke, and Star

#4 Les Richards

Les Richards

• Validated Members
  • 46 posts
  • SKP#:105230

Posted 03 June 2012 - 03:50 PM

Thanks for the-mail address. sent a request

2000 Dutch Star Gasser

07 Saturn Ion

#5 JoeandMarcia

JoeandMarcia

Major Contributor

• Validated Members
  • 2296 posts
  • SKP#:97020

Posted 03 June 2012 - 09:21 PM

I did a blog on our adventure at the Balloon Fiesta and you can read it and see the pictures here .
Chasing the 70's

You can follow us using My link

I may not know what town I will be sleeping in,
But I know I'll be sleeping in MY bed.

#6 CoolJudy

CoolJudy

Major Contributor

• Validated Members
  • 1087 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 05:50 PM

Thanks for the-mail address. sent a request

Les & Susie, Did you ever decide if you were coming this year? I do not have you currently registered to be with the Boomers. I have space, just let me know ASAP. The Fiesta RV Office is asking me to confirm my rig count.

Judy Rinehimer
Judy, Luke, and Star

#7 CoolJudy

CoolJudy

Major Contributor

• Validated Members
  • 1087 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 05:53 PM

LAST CALL... If you are still thinking about attending the 2012 ABQ Balloon Fiesta with the SKP Boomers, please get in touch with me ASAP (see info below). The Fiesta RV Parking Office wants to confirm our rig count.
-- CoolJudy
=================================================

For many years the SKP Boomers BOF have hosted a rally at the ABQ Balloon Fiesta and since there is NOT going to be a Balloon Fiesta HOP this year, we have decided to open up our registration for 2012. We have 40 spaces pre-reserved for our 12-night rally starting Oct. 3 and running until the day after Fiesta ends, Oct. 15 (+/- depending on your dates). We dry-camp in the RV Standard parking area, directly along the main landing zone, and the cost is only $270 (includes discounts for coming in early and staying more than 9-days). We also assist folks in learning how to "crew" and get you assigned to balloon pilots so you can earn a free entry to all events during Fiesta. We also have daily Happy Hours, a Potluck, and other activities.

To get further information on how to register for the "2012 Balloons and Boomers" (and others) rally, send your email address to: abq_boomers_2012@yahoo.com

Judy and Luke Rinehimer
SKP #89390
ABQ Boomer Rally Hosts since 2008

Judy, Luke, and Star