10 replies to this topic

#1 Kirk

Kirk

Major Contributor

• Weekend Moderators
  • 21136 posts
  • SKP#:60541

Posted 04 May 2012 - 02:38 PM

A nice timbered lot in a condominium RV community is now available due to family health issues. This lot is 55' by 90' and has more than a dozen mature pine trees on it. It has full RV hook-ups with both city and well water hydrants, 15A, 30A, & 50A electric, and sewer. It has a rustic cabin of 14' by 30' with a covered porch on the front that is 4' by 14'.

Community fees are $650/year, supplying garbage collection, water, sewer, and streets as well as access to all common property of the community. This is a community of mostly fulltimers & past fulltimers, with community activities and gatherings as well as park like areas and recreation hall access. Most of the residents are now or have been members of Escapees RV Club.

This is a 65 lot community with provision for both RV sites and year around homes, of limited size. It is a 55+ community. Community is located 15 miles to the west of Tyler, TX where there are all medical facilities of any large city as well as all major shopping and recreation facilities. It is approximately 2 miles from I-20 and 70 miles to the east of Dallas. Residents here are as friendly as those found at any Escapee RV park. This is a nicely maintained community with minimal rules to protect your investment, but minimal limitations on what you can build on your lot.

The community has a few undeveloped lots, with most lots having at least a concrete pad with RV shelter and nearly half now also containing living quarters. The park has about 25 lots permanently occupied, and the others are mostly still fulltime. All streets are private with most traffic being golf carts. Pets are welcome as long as they are controlled and picked up after.

Asking $23,000.

For information, call Butch Dobson at 231 350 3252 or email cdobson530@yahoo.com
[attachment=3673:front.jpg] [attachment=3674:side.jpg]

EDIT: I am posting this for a friend who asked me to do so. He has now left the road to care for an elderly mother. It is in Bass Lake Christian Retirement Community.

Edited by Kirk, 09 May 2012 - 07:42 AM.

Good travelin !...............Kirk
Author & Escapee's Magazine contributor
Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers again.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure
dolphins.jpg

#2 Kirk

Kirk

Major Contributor

• Weekend Moderators
  • 21136 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 02:54 PM

A nice timbered lot in a condominium RV community is now available due to family health issues. This lot is 55' by 90' and has more than a dozen mature pine trees on it. It has full RV hook-ups with both city and well water hydrants, 15A, 30A, & 50A electric, and sewer. It has a rustic cabin of 14' by 20' with a covered porch on the front that is 4' by 14'.

Asking $23,000.

For information, call Butch Dobson at 231 350 3252 or email Butch Dobson

[attachment=3675:cabin.jpg]

dolphins.jpg

#3 tbfs8

tbfs8

• All Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 10:00 AM

[attachment=3675:cabin.jpg]

would you share the name of the community

#4 Kirk

Kirk

Major Contributor

• Weekend Moderators
  • 21136 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 07:49 AM

I thought that I'd update this one since it is getting to be fall and folks may come back this direction. The owners sent me a set of keys so if someone should wish to see it, let me know.

I did a walk through the cabin and it is not fully finished inside. There is partial connections for a washer/dryer but no water is plumbed in, although the connection for it is just outside and could be easily done. I has one large room in front with a laundry area at the back. No kitchen or toilet.

dolphins.jpg

#5 LindaH

LindaH

Major Contributor

• Weekend Moderators
  • 6033 posts
  • SKP#:49643

Posted 24 September 2012 - 08:47 AM

A nice timbered lot in a condominium RV community is now available due to family health issues. This lot is 55' by 90' and has more than a dozen mature pine trees on it.

Kirk, perhaps you could comment on whether or not the trees block (or do not) the southern sky for those people who have satellite TV and/or Datastorm.

LindaH
2014 Winnebago Aspect 27K

2011 Kia Soul

#6 Joezilla

Joezilla

• Validated Members
  • 390 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 12:23 PM

I thought that I'd update this one since it is getting to be fall and folks may come back this direction. The owners sent me a set of keys so if someone should wish to see it, let me know.

I did a walk through the cabin and it is not fully finished inside. There is partial connections for a washer/dryer but no water is plumbed in, although the connection for it is just outside and could be easily done. I has one large room in front with a laundry area at the back. No kitchen or toilet.

Kirk,

On the map you gave in the other lot for sale, which one is this one?

Joe
2012 Dodge 3500 Laramie 4x4 dually with Max Tow

2012 DRV Select Suites 38TKSB3

#7 Kirk

Kirk

Major Contributor

• Weekend Moderators
  • 21136 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 05:33 PM

Here is a picture and it is the yellow X. It is a lone lot that is to the north on a small lane and in the trees.
[attachment=4143:Bass Lake dobson.jpg]

The trees are quite nice pines, but would require some clearing to put in a larger structure with apartment and RV shelter. The present owner did have a satellite dish for TV and the mounting for it is still in place. To the south of the loat is pretty much open sky.

Edited by Kirk, 29 September 2012 - 07:06 PM.

dolphins.jpg

#8 bigmike

bigmike

• Validated Members
  • 382 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 09:16 PM

Here is a picture and it is the yellow X. It is a lone lot that is to the north on a small lane and in the trees.
[attachment=4143:Bass Lake dobson.jpg]

The trees are quite nice pines, but would require some clearing to put in a later structure with apartment and RV shelter.

Kirk, when I looked at this after you first posted it, I felt the bylaws were something that might be a deterrant to some of us. They seem to include a prohibition against any alcoholic beverages or tobacco products. It is a Christian Retirement community, and thus I expect these same bylaws would also be a draw for many. And as such, they certainly can put those prohibitions in their bylaws if they want to. (But even Jesus turned some of that water into wine if I remember correctly :P)

Am I misreading those bylaws?

2014 F350 Dually Lariat 4x4
2013 Excel LTD 36RKM
Sir Reginald the cat who lets Big Mike and Jean travel with him

#9 Kirk

Kirk

Major Contributor

• Weekend Moderators
  • 21136 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 08:31 AM

Kirk, when I looked at this after you first posted it, I felt the bylaws were something that might be a deterrant to some of us. .....................

Am I misreading those bylaws?

Like any set of rules anywhere, they are rather open to interpretation. There are many here who have wine or beer in their homes, but neither are ever served publicly and if taken outdoors we make a practice of keeping such beverages in containers that do not display what it is for others who may be offended by it. Like the alcohol rules in many public parks, the prohibition is not so much to prevent anyone from consuming it as it is to make a clear case in the event of drunkenness. It would be my guess, after living here for some 18 months, that there are more residents who do consume small amounts of alcoholic drinks than there are who never do, but even though I do now know all of the resident owners quite well, there are some that I am not sure if they consume or not.

There is also a rule against the use of tobacco products and just like alcohol, this is applied to public display or use in the common areas, nobody makes any effort to prevent it when inside of a person's home. As far as I know, there is only one resident here who does still smoke in any form and he says that he likes the limitation as it has helped him to cut back dramatically. I think that most people here do know that he smokes occasionally, yet he was elected to a second term on the board of the community. For us this is a positive thing because Pam suffers from COPD and reacts violently to second hand smoke if exposed to it.

The laws of this state and country really do not allow one to enforce such rules inside of a person's home and nobody here has any intention of trying to do so, but they do apply to all common areas of the park and to any community gathering.

I understand that question as it was one which made us pause for thought as well. We bought our home here in spite of the rule rather than because of it. The beliefs of some here are that no alcohol in any form should ever be consumed, but the community attitude is that the rule prevents excessive use and we also believe that not publicly consuming alcohol is a very small concession to make to those who are teetotalers so that they feel comfortable participating in social events which they would not if alcohol were consumed. I enjoy a beer from time to time in my home, but do not consider it vital to have fun in a social setting.

I hope that answers the question, but if not, feel free to ask further or to contact me. :)

dolphins.jpg

#10 whj

whj

Major Contributor

• Validated Members
  • 950 posts
  • SKP#:106033

Posted 25 September 2012 - 10:11 AM

Sounds like a very nice place, to bad I am not in the market. The price
looks good also.

#11 Kirk

Kirk

Major Contributor

• Weekend Moderators
  • 21136 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 03:47 PM

Sounds like a very nice place,

It is the best of the RV communities. All but about a half dozen of the lot owners either are or have been fulltimers and also members of Escapees.

dolphins.jpg