Microsoft e-mail problem

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 Walt&Connie

Walt&Connie

• Validated Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 09:55 AM

On my Microsoft email. When I am on the email page the left pane (outlook web access)(inbox, calender, contacts, and other stuff) is not there. Is there a setting that controls that pane(window). I have deleted Microsoft web email and reinstalled and still no left pane (outlook web access)
I sent email to Microsoft, no answer yet. And also posted on windows secrets lounge, no answer yet.

Any suggestions

Note: I use yahoo mail for general email. And Safari with Microsoft web mail for business. No I do not have an apple computer, just a PC with windows 7 professional

and partitioned for different functions (with stand alone external hard drives for work and just a short cut on my PC)

#2 Mark & Dale Bruss

Mark & Dale Bruss

Major Contributor

• Validated Members
  • 4528 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 11:03 AM

It is called the Navigation Pane and depending what version of Outlook or Outlook Express with vary how you turn that on.

Please Emails only
Mark & Dale
Red Rover - 2000 Volvo 770, Tige - 2006 40' Travel Supreme
Sparky II - 2012 Chevy Equinox, Living on the Road since 2006

Useful Truck, Trailer, and Full-timing Info at
www.dmbruss.com

#3 Walt&Connie

Walt&Connie

• Validated Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 01:30 PM

Thanks Mark & Dale

I deleted and reinstalled Microsoft email l still no go. But I got a nice ;) email from my (old Company) Business exchange servicer asking what I was doing?. So I told them (email) and low and behold (navigation pane) is there. After all these years (6 years) I forgot I was still on my old companies email server. I just never paid any attention that every 90 days they asked for an password change/update.:unsure: Another email from me to them IT/HR that I was no longer with them and they responded (after leaving/retiring) we moved your status to consultant and you are still active.) Wonders of company loyalty to employees.

P.s. I have over time got new desktops/laptops and just mirrored/moved everything over, so the companies exchange server info just moved with me.

another wonder :rolleyes: they reminded me of all the benefits that I still have as a retired/consultant. (I always got there newsletter/bulletin and just wrote it of a bad/slow address mail purging :)

another problem solved.

Edited by Walt&Connie, 04 May 2012 - 01:31 PM.

#4 RV

RV

Major Contributor

• Validated Members
  • 8272 posts
  • SKP#:50964

Posted 04 May 2012 - 06:26 PM

Walt and Connie!

Good job, I would have missed that without sitting at the computer and checking the settings.

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

#5 Walt&Connie

Walt&Connie

• Validated Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 04:23 AM

Derek

Walt