• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 tealbird

tealbird

• All Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:39 AM

Howdy.
What diesel shop works on your bus? Looking for a TX shop.

Liz

#2 Trainer

Trainer

• Validated Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:50 AM

Liz,

I have an outstanding big truck diesel repair and Allison Transmission repair place on the east side of Houston. Mostly big trucks but the occasional big motorhome. A BlueBird was there several months ago arriving on a wrecker.

Alan Lassetter will talk to you about your concerns and can be reached at 281.457.5003.

He has rebuilt my 4060R Allison transmission, replaced both rear axle seals, one disc brake pad and rotor, engine oil change and fixed a seal leak in my steering box. Give him a call as he has been very helpful to me.

Trainer

#3 tealbird

tealbird

• All Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 11:10 AM

Liz,

I have an outstanding big truck diesel repair and Allison Transmission repair place on the east side of Houston. Mostly big trucks but the occasional big motorhome. A BlueBird was there several months ago arriving on a wrecker.

Alan Lassetter will talk to you about your concerns and can be reached at 281.457.5003.

He has rebuilt my 4060R Allison transmission, replaced both rear axle seals, one disc brake pad and rotor, engine oil change and fixed a seal leak in my steering box. Give him a call as he has been very helpful to me.

Trainer

Howdy, Trainer.
Thank you for your reply. I have a 1993 Bluebird Wanderlodge with a Detroit 8V92 engine. Mechanics that know 8V92s are getting harder and harder to find. Lot of shops don't want to work on a fulltimer's coach.

Thanks again,
Liz

#4 Kellie Roberts

Kellie Roberts

Major Contributor

• Validated Members
  • 577 posts
  • SKP#:106686

Posted 01 May 2012 - 03:23 PM

Clyde - at Seguin Diesel is who all of our fellow Bluebird Owners swear by. George & I have not yet had the opportunity to meet Clyde but I would take all our friends' word for it without question. Are you a member of the WOG forum? Its free & has really helped us often with our '94 Bird.

Howdy, Trainer.
Thank you for your reply. I have a 1993 Bluebird Wanderlodge with a Detroit 8V92 engine. Mechanics that know 8V92s are getting harder and harder to find. Lot of shops don't want to work on a fulltimer's coach.

Thanks again,
Liz

Kellie & George Roberts
'94
Bluebird Wanderlodge ~ No Reservations
'08 Jeep Sahara 4x4
SKP #106686

~A ton of regret never made an ounce of difference~

Not A Moment Too Soon