#1 VetRVer

VetRVer

Major Contributor

• Validated Members
  • 2181 posts
  • SKP#:109829

Posted 27 April 2012 - 05:04 PM

to have this much fun?

Today I put about 100 miles on BTTB. I can't get the smile off my face. ;) Only down side is the purpose of the trip was to get some PM work done, oil change, tire rotation, wiper blades, etc, these things are not cheap to maintain, as expected.

The my back is loving the air ride seat. Truck hits a bump and I don't. B)

Even got to play in the parking lot on the freeway caused by an accident. Can't ask for more entertainment than that, other than the 4 wheelers that wanted to play tag which also was expected. LOL

Last night when I backed into my spot I was about 30ft short of where I wanted to be. Tonight, I nailed it. woohoo

BTTB is running great and I'm having a ball driving her.:D

Brian
USAF Ret

"A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'" (Author unknown)

Vets with PTSD and Other VA Issues

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."
~ Thomas Jefferson..

#2 Nolan

Nolan

Major Contributor

• Validated Members
  • 823 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 09:06 AM

The fun I have is going up 7% plus mountain grades at 55 to 65 mph. Depending on what the speed limit is of course. Passing about everything and even sometimes cars too. Got to slow down for curves on whatever the suggested speed is, but that is what I call fun.

Nolan and JoAnn
2000 Kenworth T600.
2004 NuWa Hitchhiker
Champagne 33 LKTG
2009 Toyota Matrix
http://2-on-the-road.blogspot.com/

Have two tkloader motorcycle

loaders for sale.

#3 rick.rutel

rick.rutel

• Validated Members
  • 340 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 07:14 PM

Just took my Century to Freightliner for some PM as well. Oil change, cab air bags and new slack adjusters up front. Had the two diffs and the tranny fluids flushed and changed last month to keep up with the extended warranty requirements.) As for the power, you're dead on. Our Century (515 Det. w/1850 ft lbs torque) just grunts and hauls ass up every hill we have come across and doesn't even lose any speed. We're governed at 75 mph top speed with the Smart Shift, but that's plenty fast for me. BTW, saw a truck like yours at the Pride and Polish Truck Show here in Florida a week ago and it had stacks large enough to hide a rocket in. Very easy to buy all kinds of farkles. Too easy in fact. Much too easy..................

Edited by rick.rutel, 06 May 2012 - 07:15 PM.