Photo

How about a very Very VERY low-tech set up?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

#1 Scrapplehead 2

Scrapplehead 2

• Validated Members
  • 21 posts
  • SKP#:110531

Posted 25 April 2012 - 01:56 PM

A site with interesting stuff called Dornob today has a realllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllly low tech version of and rv. You really have to want to go simple for this. Posted Image

From Dornob There are more pictures on the site with it opened up and then set up for sleeping. Pretty cool actually, but I need more horsepower than my own two legs can give me.

Posted Image

Jill

My blog: The Secrets of Jillology

file:///C:/Users/Jill/Documents/Blogging%20Info/graphics/VisitedStatesMap.jpg

#2 rvpopeye

rvpopeye

Major Contributor

• Validated Members
  • 1141 posts
  • SKP#:78016

Posted 25 April 2012 - 02:37 PM

Nice starter rig B) B) B)
stay tuned
popeye

#3 TCW

TCW

Major Contributor

• Validated Members
  • 2107 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 02:58 PM

...but I need more horsepower than my own two legs can give me...

Then how about something like this.
[attachment=3645:Motorcycle RV.jpg]

Chevy 2500 Duramax, Aspen Trail 2910

The one that dies with the most toys is still dead!

#4 Scrapplehead 2

Scrapplehead 2

• Validated Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 08:40 AM

Then how about something like this.
[attachment=3645:Motorcycle RV.jpg]

kewl. then you could move to one of the tear drop kind. Posted Image
Jill

#5 Mike

Mike

Major Contributor

• Validated Members
  • 854 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 05:57 AM

Actually I did a tour a couple years ago on bike with a trailer from Akron, Ohio to Washington DC on a bicycle. Here is a link. Mike2DC Also here is a tour journal of a tour from the Central Valley of California to the Central Coast and down to Los Angeles. (I had a break down in LA, the plan is to go to St. Augustine, Florida if I get back to the trip at some point before I am 70.)

Here is the rig I used. When not biking, the bike and trailer frame/wheels fold up into the suitcase/trailer body and my gear that is in the trailer/suitcase goes in a duffle bag and I can travel on a plane or train or whatever.
Posted Image Posted Image

Edited by Mike, 28 April 2012 - 06:02 AM.

Mike
Abuelo Loco Blog
He who dies with the most toys is still dead........and may also be subject to Mark 10:25.

#6 dartmouth01

dartmouth01

• Validated Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 07:30 AM

Back when I was a sophomore in college in 1999 I rode across the country with BOB trailer attached to a late 70s fuji roadbike. Similar set up to the pics already posted. I camped on blm land, church properties, and under overpasses. It was an overwhelming experience, especially doing it solo, but gave me a good taste of what what I want to go back to see when we start full timing in July!

#7 dartmouth01

dartmouth01

• Validated Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 07:32 AM

Oh and I remember reading about a guy riding across the country at the same time pulling a 1000 lb trailer to raise money and to train for the Olympics. Made me feel puny with my 60 lb trailer!

#8 Bruce T

Bruce T

Major Contributor

• Validated Members
  • 758 posts
  • SKP#:54339

Posted 29 April 2012 - 08:19 AM

Some years back we met a couple from Japan riding a tandem bike through Alaska. They camped out each night. Bears and all. What really amazed us was the fact that she had a baby on her back!!!

#9 Scrapplehead 2

Scrapplehead 2

• Validated Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 09:27 AM

Actually I did a tour a couple years ago on bike with a trailer from Akron, Ohio to Washington DC on a bicycle. Here is a link. Mike2DC Also here is a tour journal of a tour from the Central Valley of California to the Central Coast and down to Los Angeles. (I had a break down in LA, the plan is to go to St. Augustine, Florida if I get back to the trip at some point before I am 70.)

wow! that's a heck of a lot of pedaling! I'm looking forward to looking through your trip journal.
Jill

#10 Mike

Mike

Major Contributor

• Validated Members
  • 854 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 11:09 AM

But for those who really want to be inspired, this guy who wrote this journal of a bike ride over at CrazyGuyOnABike.com was 82 years old when he completed an unsupported cross country ride from Sacramento, CA to St. Augustine, Florida.
Mike
Abuelo Loco Blog
He who dies with the most toys is still dead........and may also be subject to Mark 10:25.