New coffee maker

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11 replies to this topic

#1 Weigant

Weigant

• All Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 06:49 PM

Our under the counter front access coffee maker bit the dust. Thanks B & D. Looking for on line I can't find one that will fit. It needs to be 12" tall, or less. Can't complain about the Black & Decker. It did the job, but, in 5 years I've replaced 3 of them.

#2 TXBobcat

TXBobcat

Major Contributor

• Validated Members
  • 540 posts
  • SKP#:SKP96030

Posted 20 April 2012 - 08:06 PM

I don't use a coffee pot any more. My cousin told me about the Toddy.

Keep it in the Reefer and can have coffe any time I want.

BC

Travel Safe and may God Bless
BC
======== Fulltiming =============================
Bob & Pat Curry & Trevor
06 F250 CC SRW LB 4WD * 08 Bighorn 3400RE #9948
Mor/Ryde 7k IS, 8k DB * 17.5 Rims w/G114 GY Tires
Bigfoot Auto Leveling * Refinished in 2012 with ZEP
Escapee 96030 * Fulltime since 10-08-2007
Enjoying all of the wonders God has provided for us.

#3 Happy Prospector

Happy Prospector

• Validated Members
  • 174 posts
  • SKP#:98530

Posted 21 April 2012 - 04:22 AM

My B&D Coffee Maker is 11" Wide and has been going strong for about 15 years, but they don't make these models anymore and the newer models are quite a bit wider. I do believe if you want the older style you will have to find a second hand model, maybe e-bay. Good Luck,

Kevin

Kevin
Retired, Fulltime RV'er
1999.5 Red F350 CC Diesel Flatbed
2007 Alpenlite Defender Toyhauler

600 watts of solar
2007 Yamaha Grizzly 700
2008 Model Kitty named Bob

#4 Jack Mayer

Jack Mayer

Major Contributor

• Weekend Moderators
  • 17912 posts
  • SKP#:60376

Posted 21 April 2012 - 07:31 AM

I have a friend that has the cold-brew Toddy system. I was simply amazed at how good the coffee was. If you really like coffee it is worth trying.

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member

PLEASE no PM's. Email me.
2012 New Horizons 42.5' Custom 5er (SOLD); New Horizons Ambassador

2009 Volvo 780,  D16 515/1850, 230" wb, I-Shift,  custom smart hauler deck by Herrin
2012 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com

#5 Weigant

Weigant

• All Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 08:52 AM

I have a friend that has the cold-brew Toddy system. I was simply amazed at how good the coffee was. If you really like coffee it is worth trying.

I want to get up in the morning and push the button, not boil water and all that stuff. The B&D worked OK until it blew. Can't buy them anymore. A better one would be good, but, I can't find anything.

#6 Walt&Connie

Walt&Connie

• Validated Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 09:53 AM

Sears sells a Black & Decker space saver under Cabinet coffee maker.
Also Bing/Google Black&Decker factory store, or Factory Outlet Stores. I know that in Tupelo, MS (that store is doing a clearance going out of business) the B&D factory store still sells the older style under cabinet style some are new (if not current model most web sites will not show discontinued items,but factory clearance stores still sell them) and others are B&D refurbished

P.s. take the back off of yours and their is a fuzeiable link just before the power cord that go's into the warmer/brew part.(if that is the problem

Edited by Walt&Connie, 21 April 2012 - 09:56 AM.

#7 Jack Mayer

Jack Mayer

Major Contributor

• Weekend Moderators
  • 17912 posts
  • SKP#:60376

Posted 21 April 2012 - 10:22 AM

The thing about the cold-brew is that you brew it up in a concentrate, and store it in the fridge. Then just boil some water in the microwave or on the stove and you are done....add the strength of concentrate you want. Can't be simpler or faster.

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member

PLEASE no PM's. Email me.
2012 New Horizons 42.5' Custom 5er (SOLD); New Horizons Ambassador

2009 Volvo 780,  D16 515/1850, 230" wb, I-Shift,  custom smart hauler deck by Herrin
2012 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com

#8 AffinityBob

AffinityBob

• Validated Members
  • 131 posts
  • SKP#:109334

Posted 21 April 2012 - 10:31 AM

Our old Mr Coffee lasted 16 years and finally we tried replacing it. We tried a Black & Decker. The first one lasted about two weeks and then the plastic broke. They sent a replacement and in a couple of weeks a different plastic part broke. So we got a new Mr Coffee. Poorly designed and very hard to use. I then went to Amazon and wanted to see what was the highest buyer rating for a coffee maker. It was a Presto all stainless old style electric perk maker. I bought one. It is extremely well made and works great. Everything that touches the coffee is stainless steel not plastic. It is fast, the coffee tastes good. The price was about 40 bucks. I know almost everyone uses a drip maker these days, but I can tell you that this coffee maker does exactly what it is supposed to do and is a "standard" type system. That is very easy to use.

Bob & Barbara
2002 Affinity 42' tag
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
2012 Airdale Terrier

#9 James and Tracy

James and Tracy

• Validated Members
  • 230 posts
  • SKP#:114052

Posted 22 April 2012 - 08:47 PM

I want to get up in the morning and push the button, not boil water and all that stuff. The B&D worked OK until it blew. Can't buy them anymore. A better one would be good, but, I can't find anything.

That is why I currently use a K-cup machine. Just push the button and enjoy a nice cup in less than a minute. Yeah the coffee is expensive and there are whole bunch of other issues you can talk about with this system but it is very very tasty and convenient. I never tried the Toddy but I've heard about it.

Edited by James and Tracy, 22 April 2012 - 08:48 PM.

2012 GMC

2014 Open Range Roamer 367BHS

USN Retired

#10 Lindsay Richards

Lindsay Richards

• Validated Members
  • 235 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 07:00 PM

A Maleta coffee system has been a real hit in our RV. You can heeat the water in the microwave or on the gas stove and just pour it through the filter holder directly into your cup. You can also make partial cups. It is also silent and does not wake up my wife when I wake up first. Filters are sold everywhere.
Lindsay Richards
http://www.linandnancy.com

#11 RV

RV

Major Contributor

• Validated Members
  • 8272 posts
  • SKP#:50964

Posted 23 April 2012 - 08:07 PM

We use both. No glass carafes for us for the last 8 years or so since the Hamilton beach company came up with these: http://www.hamiltonb...fee-makers.html we have the 12 cup older version than shown but very similar, and will buy them again. Unfortunately they are taller than 12 inches.
We also use the Keurig K cup machine, again the 12 cup: http://www.keurig.co...-brewing-system I drink lots of coffee, 2 or 3 12 cup pots myself some days, at least two the rest. My SH drinks 1 or 2 cups thus the Keurig, but I use it for my first cup of the day. We got the Emeril's "Big Easy Intense/Big Easy Bold" New Orleans roast extra strong for me. I use a 24 Oz Tervis cup in the morning and make one large cup add equal and creamer, then lift the cup holder fooling the machine and make a second weaker small cup from the same K cup. It makes a perfect strong double mug of coffee for me fast in the morning and I still make a 12 cup pot for instant gratification the rest of the morning. http://www.bigcatcof...SC=24&PF=B-SC-P We order our K cups online for a lot less than locally with free shipping and no tax.

Edited by RV, 23 April 2012 - 08:08 PM.

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

#12 Raquel

Raquel

Major Contributor

• Validated Members
  • 1113 posts
  • SKP#:106877

Posted 24 April 2012 - 04:30 PM

That is why I currently use a K-cup machine. Just push the button and enjoy a nice cup in less than a minute. Yeah the coffee is expensive and there are whole bunch of other issues you can talk about with this system but it is very very tasty and convenient. I never tried the Toddy but I've heard about it.

We bought the "do-it-yourself" K-cups for our Keurig. We buy our own coffee, grind our own coffee, and have the same good flavor every time.

Trish & Raquel
--------
2002 GMC Envoy SLT 4x4
"Road Runner" -- 2005 Volvo VNL780, 500hp Cummins ISX, Ultra-Shift, ET-Hitch, 198" wb
"Wile E." -- 2013 Landmark San Antonio
Photos