• This topic is locked This topic is locked
17 replies to this topic

#1 jitterbug

jitterbug

• Validated Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 06:32 PM

Dream Big
If there were ever a time to dare, to make a difference, to embark on something worth doing, it is now. Not for any cause, necessarily, but for something that tugs at your heart, something that's your aspiration. Something that's your dream. You owe it to yourself to make your days here count.
Have fun...Dig Deep...Stretch. Dream Big. Know though that things worth doing seldom come easy. There will be good days and there will be bad days. There will be times when you want to turn around, pack it up, and call it quits. Those times tell you that you are pushing yourself. That you are not afraid to learn by trying and working.
Persist. Believe in the incredible power of the human mind. Of doing something that makes a difference. Of working hard. Of laughing and hoping. Of lasting friends.
The start of something that brings the hope of something great. Anything is possible. There is only one you and you will pass this way only once.
Do it right. DREAM BIG!

There are only two kinds of people in the world.....Those who think they can, and those who think they cannot. They are both right!

#2 VetRVer

VetRVer

Major Contributor

• Validated Members
  • 2180 posts
  • SKP#:109829

Posted 19 April 2012 - 08:31 PM

Good post.

Brian
USAF Ret

"A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'" (Author unknown)

Vets with PTSD and Other VA Issues

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."
~ Thomas Jefferson..

#3 sandsys

sandsys

Major Contributor

• Validated Members
  • 5791 posts
  • SKP#:99753

Posted 19 April 2012 - 08:52 PM

When I get a thank you from someone for something I said or did I am often surprised. We don't always know when we are helping. Most of us just go on doing what we think is right and hope someone benefits. And that's all good. It may not be BIG but it's good.

Linda Sand
2012 Sprinter Sportsmobile
Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

#4 Mr. Dave

Mr. Dave

Major Contributor

• Validated Members
  • 790 posts
  • SKP#:105185

Posted 27 April 2012 - 05:52 PM

Nice positive thoughts. We refuse to let any thing get in our way with our RV trips. You're only as young as you think and will continue to RV until we physically can't.

2006 Coachmen Aurora 36ft. Class A motor home. 2009 Honda CRV toad. "Snowbirds" apprx. 6 mos. each year. Travelling to the SW each winter than returning to Wi. each summer. Retired and enjoying our travels along with Buddy the cat.

#5 Kirk

Kirk

Major Contributor

• Weekend Moderators
  • 20261 posts
  • SKP#:60541

Posted 27 April 2012 - 07:23 PM

Nice post! :D Dream first and then do it!

Good travelin !...............Kirk
Author & Escapee's Magazine contributor
Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers again.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure
dolphins.jpg

#6 wereoffagain

wereoffagain

• Validated Members
  • 99 posts
  • SKP#:70593

Posted 28 April 2012 - 03:10 PM

We're lucky enough to be living our dream. Every day as we travel, we count our lucky stars that we are healthy, content and curious enough to want to see what life is like elsewhere. Our wish is that everyone has a chance to do what they have been dreaming about. Be well and safe travels, Ann and Jerry 2010 MB 27' Lazy Daze http://fulltimeusa.com/

#7 Scrapplehead 2

Scrapplehead 2

• Validated Members
  • 21 posts
  • SKP#:110531

Posted 29 April 2012 - 06:16 AM

So interesting to see your post this morning. My husband and I are just about to pickup a motorhome that we're purchasing and planning to use full-time. We're a week away from the settlement on our house. As the time gets closer and closer we get more and more excited. But we also get more nervous and full of "are we doing the right thing" feelings. So your words are well-timed and I thank you. I hope you don't mind if I use your post on my blog. I think it applies to way more than rv-ing.
Jill

My blog: The Secrets of Jillology

file:///C:/Users/Jill/Documents/Blogging%20Info/graphics/VisitedStatesMap.jpg

#8 murphinator

murphinator

• Validated Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 05:03 PM

This is my first post, but I have been lurking for awhile. Your post touched a nerve with me. I have been divorced for three years after a 23 year marriage. I am a teacher, 52, and can retire at 60. People laugh at me when In say I am going to live full time in an rv when I retire. I spend hours every week researching every aspect of pursuing my dream, and posts like this only confirm my decision. I am learning so much, and I felt I have found my way to my dream. Thank you.

#9 irish

irish

Major Contributor

• Validated Members
  • 515 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 05:33 AM

Welcome murphinator and keep that dream alive ! !

Thanks for the wonderful post this morning. We are going through more ^&*% lately and this post just made me feel better about everything.

#10 Kirk

Kirk

Major Contributor

• Weekend Moderators
  • 20261 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 08:58 AM

... I spend hours every week researching every aspect of pursuing my dream, and posts like this only confirm my decision.

Let me add another Escapee welcome to the forums! It is great to have you join in so do so frequently! And it you have not yet read it, the book that I used to get started in the fulltimer lifestyle was Full-Time RVing.

dolphins.jpg

#11 DaveM

DaveM

Major Contributor

• Validated Members
  • 842 posts
  • SKP#:109123

Posted 02 May 2012 - 07:08 AM

Just a great post. Thanks

Dave
Dave & Linda
2011 Bighorn 3670
2000 Ford 7.3 PS diesel white and tan in color Now Fulltiming since May15, 2010

Semper Fi Marines!!

#12 murphinator

murphinator

• Validated Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 04:51 PM

Thanks for the big welcome. I will mostly lurk because it is too soon for me to be making a purchase. I am learning about solar power and marking the places I want to see. Just call me the sponge!

#13 Kirk

Kirk

Major Contributor

• Weekend Moderators
  • 20261 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 05:03 PM

I will mostly lurk because it is too soon for me to be making a purchase. I am learning about solar power and marking the places I want to see. Just call me the sponge!

No reason to be shy, just because you don't have one yet! Ask a question, make a comment or just say hello! B)

dolphins.jpg

#14 Liberty

Liberty

• Validated Members
  • 485 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 04:17 PM

to dream is to preview your future.
LeRoy & Anne
Silver Eagle conversion
PT Cruiser Conv.
OK & KS now SD well sometimes

The journey is the trip not the destination.

http://2010liberty.wordpress.com/

#15 Harold Martin

Harold Martin

• Validated Members
  • 76 posts
  • SKP#:110329

Posted 07 May 2012 - 05:54 PM

Dream Big
If there were ever a time to dare, to make a difference, to embark on something worth doing, it is now. Not for any cause, necessarily, but for something that tugs at your heart, something that's your aspiration. Something that's your dream. You owe it to yourself to make your days here count.
Have fun...Dig Deep...Stretch. Dream Big. Know though that things worth doing seldom come easy. There will be good days and there will be bad days. There will be times when you want to turn around, pack it up, and call it quits. Those times tell you that you are pushing yourself. That you are not afraid to learn by trying and working.
Persist. Believe in the incredible power of the human mind. Of doing something that makes a difference. Of working hard. Of laughing and hoping. Of lasting friends.
The start of something that brings the hope of something great. Anything is possible. There is only one you and you will pass this way only once.
Do it right. DREAM BIG!

I admire your positive attitude, the wife and I worked our behinds off for our dream and than she passed away. I no longer believe in fairy tales [meaning God] or the power of having dreams. It is there or it isn't, I still admire anybody who can still believe in something even if I don't believe in anything anymore.

Take Care
Harold

Edited by Harold Martin, 07 May 2012 - 05:57 PM.

American by birth, Southern by the grace of Almighty God

#16 Technomadia

Technomadia

• Validated Members
  • 469 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 06:39 PM

Inspiring and meaningful words.

Live is short. It's never too late... and nor is it too early. Don't put off making those dreams your reality for 'someday'.

- Cherie

Cherie & Chris (and Kiki *meow*) / Blog: Technomadia.com
Full-time gen-X technomads (technology enabled nomads) since 2006

RV: Zephyr: 1961 GM 4106 bus conversion / Toad: Pixel: 2009 MINI Cooper

#17 wereoffagain

wereoffagain

• Validated Members
  • 99 posts
  • SKP#:70593

Posted 07 May 2012 - 07:33 PM

I admire your positive attitude, the wife and I worked our behinds off for our dream and than she passed away. I no longer believe in fairy tales [meaning God] or the power of having dreams. It is there or it isn't, I still admire anybody who can still believe in something even if I don't believe in anything anymore.

Take Care
Harold

So sorry for your loss, Harold. Be well, Ann and Jerry

#18 Believe

Believe

• Validated Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 07:54 PM

Harold so sorry for your loss. I know when my dad retired, for a while seemed everyone was passing away right after they retired. I hope you find comfort and peace and can once again love life when the time comes. HUGS

And as to what the post is about, that is awesome, so well written adn makes me stop and think as I am the one with the cold feet and the what ifs..... I too hope you don't mind if I use it in my blog on my weight loss site I frequent. I will ensure that they know I didn't write it!

So on to more happy days and hoping we enjoy this, we are only just travelling for next few years then will see.
THANKS and HUGS

Cindy