#1 nana25k

nana25k

Major Contributor

• Validated Members
  • 3231 posts
  • SKP#:97338

Posted 13 April 2012 - 05:19 PM

http://www.fws.gov/madisonwetlands/

Ron & I have been here for 2 weeks and due to a family emergency we need to leave. However I wanted to tell everyone about this great place.

USFWS Madison Wetlands Management Area is located about 2 miles south of Madison SD. Everything you need to shop for is there.

There are 2 HUGE, dead level concrete pads with full hookups that can be yours for 24hrs/week/per person/ per couple...I think it would be the same for a single. There is an option for them to hook-up WIFI if you need it, however our Verizon aircard and phones work great.Fishing is literally at your door step as the office sets at the end of Lake Madison (the walleye are aboundant right now), and the birding for waterfowl is amazing. They have a cleaning service so no bathroom work.

There are lots of things that they need help with. Ron has been doing maintenance work on vehicles and was scheduled to do some masonry work.(Concrete monuments that hold visitor info signs that need to be covered with rock...easy job that anyone can learn to do).
They manage lots of wetlands per easements on private property and are in the process of updating files and sending out reminder notices. To that end I have spent my time setting up a data base (Excel), entering in the info and sorting out which ones need updated with ownership information etc. That was to include being able to go to county courthouses if needed. Mike who is handling this is an easy person to work with. Its really an easy project, rather like detective work!!! I also answer the phones on Friday.

Bryan Schultz will work with assigning you to things that interest you if the above doesn't.

Contact Bryan Schultz at Bryan_Schultz@fws.gov. The entire staff have very welcoming.
I am sure that someone out there would find this a great opportunity. They have openings available for the forseeable future.

Edited by nana25k, 13 April 2012 - 05:28 PM.

Ron & Linda

Class of 2007
2000 Monaco Diplomat

2005 Honda Element

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are" Theodore Roosevelt

"We can't control the wind, but we can adjust our sail"

"When man gave up his freedom to roam the earth, he gave up his soul for a conditioned ego that is bound by time and the fear of losing its attachments."

#2 StarDreamers.us

StarDreamers.us

Major Contributor

• Validated Members
  • 1056 posts
  • SKP#:89742

Posted 13 April 2012 - 08:42 PM

http://www.fws.gov/madisonwetlands/

Ron & I have been here for 2 weeks and due to a family emergency we need to leave. However I wanted to tell everyone about this great place.

USFWS Madison Wetlands Management Area is located about 2 miles south of Madison SD. Everything you need to shop for is there.

There are 2 HUGE, dead level concrete pads with full hookups that can be yours for 24hrs/week/per person/ per couple...I think it would be the same for a single. There is an option for them to hook-up WIFI if you need it, however our Verizon aircard and phones work great.Fishing is literally at your door step as the office sets at the end of Lake Madison (the walleye are aboundant right now), and the birding for waterfowl is amazing. They have a cleaning service so no bathroom work.

There are lots of things that they need help with. Ron has been doing maintenance work on vehicles and was scheduled to do some masonry work.(Concrete monuments that hold visitor info signs that need to be covered with rock...easy job that anyone can learn to do).
They manage lots of wetlands per easements on private property and are in the process of updating files and sending out reminder notices. To that end I have spent my time setting up a data base (Excel), entering in the info and sorting out which ones need updated with ownership information etc. That was to include being able to go to county courthouses if needed. Mike who is handling this is an easy person to work with. Its really an easy project, rather like detective work!!! I also answer the phones on Friday.

Bryan Schultz will work with assigning you to things that interest you if the above doesn't.

Contact Bryan Schultz at Bryan_Schultz@fws.gov. The entire staff have very welcoming.
I am sure that someone out there would find this a great opportunity. They have openings available for the forseeable future.

Thanks so much for sharing, hope everything is ok.

Von

Safe Travels!
SKP #89742 - Lifetime membership - Member of the SKP Class of 2007
Good Sam Club - Lifetime Member
DataStorm #5423
Passport America - Lifetime Member
Sons Of The American Revolution (SAR) - Lifetime Member
American Legion - USAF - Lifetime Member
Rotary Club Member - 30 years

#3 nana25k

nana25k

Major Contributor

• Validated Members
  • 3231 posts
  • SKP#:97338

Posted 13 April 2012 - 09:30 PM

Von, things will be okay...medical issues with my sister. Need to go to PA to help her and take over her role as my Mom's main Gal.

Ron & Linda

Class of 2007
2000 Monaco Diplomat

2005 Honda Element

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are" Theodore Roosevelt

"We can't control the wind, but we can adjust our sail"

"When man gave up his freedom to roam the earth, he gave up his soul for a conditioned ego that is bound by time and the fear of losing its attachments."

#4 StarDreamers.us

StarDreamers.us

Major Contributor

• Validated Members
  • 1056 posts
  • SKP#:89742

Posted 14 April 2012 - 07:41 PM

May you have Safe Travels! Thanks for sharing.

Von and Christina

Edited by StarDreamers.us, 14 April 2012 - 07:42 PM.

SKP #89742 - Lifetime membership - Member of the SKP Class of 2007
Good Sam Club - Lifetime Member
DataStorm #5423
Passport America - Lifetime Member
Sons Of The American Revolution (SAR) - Lifetime Member
American Legion - USAF - Lifetime Member
Rotary Club Member - 30 years