• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 Mac A

Mac A

• Validated Members
  • 24 posts
  • SKP#:104733

Posted 25 March 2012 - 03:04 PM

I have workamped here since last October and have enjoyed the management and the quiet country. They will be needing two couples starting April 1st. The following is the ad for the position.

Workamper position of three days on three daysoff for a full hook up site with WiFi. Duties include working office, checkingguests in and out, and help with cleaning when needed. Knowledge of computers(RV Space Manager) is desired, but will train. The successful candidate shouldbe able to work as a team player and independently. The resort is 45 sites,plus cabins; small, but elegant, and overlooks Tinney Lake. The position isavailable March 31. Minimum four-month commitment. The RV park is located 35miles southeast of Austin, Texas, at McMahan, TX. Website:www.lakefallingstarrvresort.com. If you are interested in this workamperposition please submit resume to Kelly at lakefalingstarresort@gmail.com or call 512-398-7827.

Mac

#2 StarDreamers.us

StarDreamers.us

Major Contributor

• Validated Members
  • 1064 posts
  • SKP#:89742

Posted 25 March 2012 - 07:57 PM

Thanks for sharing. This may be something someone here is looking for in Texas. How soon will it be getting warmer there?

Safe Travels!
SKP #89742 - Lifetime membership - Member of the SKP Class of 2007
Good Sam Club - Lifetime Member
DataStorm #5423
Passport America - Lifetime Member
Sons Of The American Revolution (SAR) - Lifetime Member
American Legion - USAF - Lifetime Member
Rotary Club Member - 30 years

#3 N TX Dave

N TX Dave

• Validated Members
  • 242 posts
  • SKP#:112845

Posted 25 March 2012 - 08:31 PM

Thanks for sharing. This may be something someone here is looking for in Texas. How soon will it be getting warmer there?

Safe Travels!

Soon it has been in 80's the last two day in Dallas according to my weather station it was 88 today I do know it was hot in my garage.

Dave Watkins

Highland Village, TX

2011 F250

Open Range 349RLR

VisitedStatesMapsmall.jpg

#4 Mac A

Mac A

• Validated Members
  • 24 posts
  • SKP#:104733

Posted 26 March 2012 - 07:11 AM

Safe Travels!

After the last couple of years the question is "when will it get cooler"? 80's right now and is fine.

Mac

#5 Barb and Alex

Barb and Alex

• Validated Members
  • 491 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 07:27 AM

Looks like a great park to visit once we get on the road.
Adventures Unlimited - Adventure is the pursuit of life!
2012 24' Freedom Elite Class C named FREEDA (FREE Days Ahead)
Towing a 2004 Toyota Tacoma

Follow our adventures on Facebook by "Liking" our page:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Adventures-Unlimited/201899289873608

#6 Newt

Newt

Major Contributor

• Validated Members
  • 2467 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 08:11 AM

Unless there are some $$ besides the "free" RV site, this just doesn't compute for me. You have 2 people working 3 on 3 off at 8 (?) hours a day for a RV site valued at $400-450 + electric a month. That's a lot of hours for $450. This isn't Volunteering. This is Workamping.

Newt
2012 HitchHiker Discover America 345 LKSB
2009 Dodge/Cummins

LIVINGSTON TX

#7 Jim n Sue

Jim n Sue

Major Contributor

• Validated Members
  • 1175 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 08:10 PM

Unless there are some $ besides the "free" RV site, this just doesn't compute for me. You have 2 people working 3 on 3 off at 8 (?) hours a day for a RV site valued at $400-450 + electric a month. That's a lot of hours for $450. This isn't Volunteering. This is Workamping.

Newt

Newt when you workamp for rv SITE AND A LIL PAY THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS AN 8HR DAY We are on a site that pays 20hrs for wife and 20 hrs for me per week, In the past two months we have put our 20hrs in within two days out of the five that we have to work..And to make it all better we get junk to work with as far as golf carts and weedeaters & blowers go.. Oh yeah in our spare time we can paint picnic tables.

But on the flip side it costs us nothing to park here and I was getting fat plus its a beautiful location and have met a lot of very nice people... P.S. We have to sign that we put in 20 hrs per week ..Timecard is prefilled for us
Dayam sounds like I got up on the wrong side of bed this morning Posted Image
Jim Spence
2000 Dodge 3500 1 ton QC 4x4 dually 5.9 diesel LB
BD exhaust brake, 6 spd manual trans
34CKTS Cedar Creek 5er, Trail-Air hitch