GTLC RV workers

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10 replies to this topic

#1 GTLC

GTLC

• All Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 03:41 PM

Wanted: An RV couple who would love to work and play in Grand Teton National Park.

POSITIONS....

Currently we are looking for an RV couple to work at our Retail Store at Jenny Lake. The store is located at the base of the mountains and near Jenny Lake and is combination of a convenience store and gift shop in a busy location. Couple’s are able to work the same hours and days off. RV space is provided at no charge but are required to commute 20-25 miles each way.

HOW TO APPLY....

Please visit our application website http://jobs.vailresorts.com/ and apply for Retail Clerk req#181

Remember, the early bird gets the work, so apply early for the best job opportunities!

A LITTLE ABOUT US . . .

With a mission to Preserve, Protect and Inspire, Grand Teton Lodge Company (GTLC) operates the lodging, restaurants, tours and activities at Jackson Lake Lodge, Jenny Lake Lodge, Colter Bay Village, and the Jenny Lake and Gros Ventre campgrounds located in Grand Teton National Park.

Life at GTLC: Depending on work location, employees are housed in furnished dormitories or cabins in our employee villages, where you will share a room with one or more fellow employees and can enjoy employee recreation activities and events. Dorm employees participate in our Employee Meal Plan, as there are no cooking facilities in the dorms. An employee RV park with a limited number of spaces is also available for those with their own fully self-contained RV's for a minimal daily fee. Check out our blog at http://gtlcnews.ning.com and go to http://www.gtlc.com/employment/ for a sampling of what life is like working, living and playing here at GTLC. Start the road to your Experience of a Lifetime with us . . . where you can have FUN at work and get paid to LIVE in a National Park!

As an employee for GTLC, you are also an employee for Vail Resorts which can provide you with opportunities to work and play in some of the world's most iconic locations, for a season or maybe even a lifetime. You will work side by side with people from all over the country, and the world, who share your excitement and enthusiasm. Our extraordinary employees play an integral role in creating the exceptional experiences which make our resorts premier destinations for travelers from around the globe.

#2 Newt

Newt

Major Contributor

• Validated Members
  • 2369 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 04:09 PM

RV space is provided at no charge

An employee RV park with a limited number of spaces is also available for those with their own fully self-contained RV's for a minimal daily fee.

:unsure:
2012 HitchHiker Discover America 345 LKSB
2009 Dodge/Cummins

LIVINGSTON TX

#3 Rover

Rover

• Validated Members
  • 253 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 05:45 PM

:unsure: Am I not reading that right. Above they say no charge, but it seems it is 20-25 miles from them. The below paragraph states what you said; but it may be on their own property closer to work.
Guees someone wanting to work there would have to clarify this with them, sounds redundant! Rover

:) Living Life One Day At A Time!

#4 StarDreamers.us

StarDreamers.us

Major Contributor

• Validated Members
  • 1056 posts
  • SKP#:89742

Posted 10 March 2012 - 03:00 PM

Interesting point on the distance. That could be $25+ dollars a day for fuel, for some of us. Maybe cheaper to rent a site and pay for it yourself, closer to the work.

Safe Travels!
SKP #89742 - Lifetime membership - Member of the SKP Class of 2007
Good Sam Club - Lifetime Member
DataStorm #5423
Passport America - Lifetime Member
Sons Of The American Revolution (SAR) - Lifetime Member
American Legion - USAF - Lifetime Member
Rotary Club Member - 30 years

#5 BobQ

BobQ

• Validated Members
  • 185 posts
  • SKP#:#96210

Posted 11 March 2012 - 08:28 AM

:blink:Lets see, you want us to pay to work at your store. I'll have to get back to you on this!
Bob and Snookie Quinn
2006 F-550 CC Custom Bed
2012 Mobile Suite 38 Rssb3
Fulltiming it!! SKP#96210
30 years Retired USARMY

#6 StarDreamers.us

StarDreamers.us

Major Contributor

• Validated Members
  • 1056 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 01:52 PM

:blink:Lets see, you want us to pay to work at your store. I'll have to get back to you on this!

Perhaps the poster would like to add more information to their post. It might provide more information to folks that might be interested in what they are looking for in their help.

Safe Travels!
DataStorm #5423

#7 Joe and Linda Lallerstedt

Joe and Linda Lallerstedt

• Validated Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 11:32 AM

This will be my 3rd year of working for GTLC. Jenny Lake is one of the prettiest areas of Grand Teton Park. There is a very nice lady that lives in her rv across from us in the employee rv park. She travels about 20ish miles to her job at Jenny Lake. You are charged about $180 a month for full hookup, propane at a discount, and free laundry. Also other perks. Working retail is not bad (I have a great manager) but some of the other depts. can be a "bear". Alot of the job is what you make of it! I'm coming back for my 3rd year....so its not that bad. PM me with any questions.
Linda

#8 StarDreamers.us

StarDreamers.us

Major Contributor

• Validated Members
  • 1056 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 03:15 PM

Again. Perhaps the poster would like to add more information to their post. It might provide more information to folks that might be interested in what they are looking for in their help.

Safe Travels!
DataStorm #5423

#9 David & Lorna Schinske

David & Lorna Schinske

Major Contributor

• Validated Members
  • 2590 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 03:54 PM

$180 per month plus fuel for 40-50 mile round trip per work day.

A bit more info....

http://www.gtlc.com/about-us/work.aspx
Hours and Wages

Grand Teton Lodge Company follows the minimum wage provisions of the Federal Fair Labor Standards Act as well as applicable Wyoming state laws. Wages compare favorably with those paid by other seasonal National Park concessionaires.

Most entry-level positions pay $7.56 per hour with dorm housing provided (employee RV park available for a separate site fee).

Work schedules will vary based upon time of season. Early and late season shifts may be less than 40 hours a week. Shifts during peak season can range from 40 - 48 hours a week. The Company is under no obligation to provide a work schedule for any definite number of hours during any day of the week. Scheduled work days may fall on any day during the week to including holidays.

Overtime pay for hourly employees occurs after 48 hours per week.

http://www.gtlc.com/about-us/live.aspx
The GTLC employee RV Park has a limited number of sites available. There are water, electric (30 and 50 amp) and sewer hookups at each site These are suitable only for hard sided fully self-contained RV’s (no tents or pop-up campers). Resident comfort stations are located throughout the RV Park and provide laundry, shower facilities and limited WiFi Internet.**

All RV sites are charged a daily fee of $6.00. This is a per site fee
Two (2) pets are allowed per RV site and must comply with company and NPS guidelines.
Guests are allowed to visit and stay in employee RVs but must register with the Employee RV Park Manager, and may stay no longer than seven days.
RV employees are not enrolled in the weekly meal program but do have the option to purchase meal tickets in order to eat in the Employee Cafeteria.
Firearms and fireworks are not allowed in the employee villages, employee RV park or in employee housing.

RV Park Housing/Confirmation Deposit – New employees must submit one $100 housing/confirmation deposit per RV site when they send in their reply notification. Returning employees pay their deposit through payroll deductions upon arrival. All new and returning employees living in the RV park are required to pay the security deposit (one deposit per site). Deposits secure your space in the RV park and are then converted to a site damage deposit, and may be refunded on a separate check following proper completion of the check-out process and depending in the condition of your RV site upon departure.

*All RV sites are assigned by Human Resources. Specific site requests are not guaranteed. We have limited space in the RV Park, so please let the hiring manager know if you would like to live in the Employee RV Park during the interview process.

**In order to live in the employee dorms or employee RV park all individuals must be employed by Grand Teton Lodge Company. Any exceptions may only be approved by the Vice President.

As a personal thing, I would stick with my current job. Less miles to drive in my gas guzzler and I get paid quite a bit more than minimum wage. Downside is I probably can't transfer more than once every two years. But right now, I don't work weekends and I only work part-time (20 hours "guaranteed"). Plus I can "cross-train" to learn other jobs to work "part-time" in addition to my current 20 hour job. But this situation looks like it will be a good fit for us for now.

Edited by David & Lorna Schinske, 17 March 2012 - 04:00 PM.

#10 Dick&Joyce

Dick&Joyce

• Validated Members
  • 320 posts
  • SKP#:108945

Posted 17 March 2012 - 04:23 PM

Work camping is something my wife and i are excited about. 40 hours at any wage is not retirement to us. As for working for minimum wage, not our thing, but that doesn't make it a bad deal, just not our deal. Funny thing is, working for just our spot as a camp host at a COE park is just perfect for us.

Edited by Dick&Joyce, 17 March 2012 - 04:24 PM.

Dick and Joyce
2010 3665RE Montana 5th Wheel
2011 Dodge 2500 laramie edition
Norm, Diego @ Bitsy

#11 David & Lorna Schinske

David & Lorna Schinske

Major Contributor

• Validated Members
  • 2590 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 05:36 PM

... Funny thing is, working for just our spot as a camp host at a COE park is just perfect for us.

I can see "giving away" your time for a site for a public campground, but this situation is a commercial concessionaire. After having my fav public campground fee double with no improvements due to concessionaire participation, I think they could pay better than minimum wage.

These folks need to post more info than they did. It took some looking to find the info I posted. This info should have been in the original post.