• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 gypsydan

gypsydan

• Validated Members
  • 160 posts
  • SKP#:106006

Posted 07 March 2012 - 12:07 PM

I received the recent issue fo Escapees Mag yesterday (3-6-12), and this morning decided to read it. After reading Angie's article on the new website I had to log on to see what it looked like.

What I notice was after logging in I was unable to traverse the site, as the server was extremly slow, almost hung-up. I called it in, and was told IT would check into it, as they were not aware of the problem. They rebooted the system, but even after that I've been able to only log in sporadicly these past few hours, sometimes even getting a time-out.

Do we need a larger server to handle the load with our increase in traffic?

#2 JBT

JBT

• Banned Users
  • 271 posts
  • SKP#:111300

Posted 21 May 2012 - 06:37 AM

I received the recent issue fo Escapees Mag yesterday (3-6-12), and this morning decided to read it. After reading Angie's article on the new website I had to log on to see what it looked like.

What I notice was after logging in I was unable to traverse the site, as the server was extremly slow, almost hung-up. I called it in, and was told IT would check into it, as they were not aware of the problem. They rebooted the system, but even after that I've been able to only log in sporadicly these past few hours, sometimes even getting a time-out.

Do we need a larger server to handle the load with our increase in traffic?

I have been having a great deal of problems over the last week, not with other sites, just with this one. Love the forums here, so much knowledge, just been too frustrating to get into the individual posts due to the extreme slowness. Not sure is its the server, or something in between.

#3 LindaH

LindaH

Major Contributor

• Weekend Moderators
  • 5864 posts
  • SKP#:49643

Posted 21 May 2012 - 07:43 AM

Can't help you with your problem since I haven't been having any problems, either here on these forums or on the main Escapees website.

LindaH
2014 Winnebago Aspect 27K

2011 Kia Soul

#4 Jack Mayer

Jack Mayer

Major Contributor

• Weekend Moderators
  • 17927 posts
  • SKP#:60376

Posted 21 May 2012 - 07:46 AM

I have been having a great deal of problems over the last week, not with other sites, just with this one. Love the forums here, so much knowledge, just been too frustrating to get into the individual posts due to the extreme slowness. Not sure is its the server, or something in between.

It seems to be something in-between. Because even though I typically see ANY slowdown that may occur, in this case I'm not really seeing anything "really bad". It is ALWAYS slower for me than any other website, no matter where I am located in the country. But in this case it seems to not be particularly slow.....

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member

PLEASE no PM's. Email me.
2012 New Horizons 42.5' Custom 5er (SOLD); New Horizons Ambassador

2009 Volvo 780,  D16 515/1850, 230" wb, I-Shift,  custom smart hauler deck by Herrin
2012 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com

#5 gypsydan

gypsydan

• Validated Members
  • 160 posts
  • SKP#:106006

Posted 21 May 2012 - 05:16 PM

Hey guys, that post was made back in March, just after the new system came on-line.
As far as I'm concerned this posting is dead.
Dan

#6 mrschwarz

mrschwarz

Major Contributor

• Validated Members
  • 709 posts
  • SKP#:109233

Posted 21 May 2012 - 07:51 PM

It seems to be something in-between. Because even though I typically see ANY slowdown that may occur, in this case I'm not really seeing anything "really bad". It is ALWAYS slower for me than any other website, no matter where I am located in the country. But in this case it seems to not be particularly slow.....

It's about the same with me. This is the slowest site that I visit regularly. I haven't really noticed any change (for good or bad) in the past week or so.

Michael

2010 Winnebago Tour
Cummins ISL 400
Allison 3000
Progressive EMS-HW50C Surge Protector
Blue Ox Aventa II
Air Force One
Tire Safeguard TPMS

Visit us at schwarz.org!

#7 Stanley P. Miller

Stanley P. Miller

Major Contributor

• Weekend Moderators
  • 16437 posts
  • SKP#:51443

Posted 21 May 2012 - 08:03 PM

I've been opening multiple tabs, letting them open in the background makes things seem faster. Posting isn't too bad as long as you watch like a hawk to see if there is something happening and don't click twice and get a double post.

I can see some network delays from time to time but most of the time the net is fine and it is just something wrong at the server end of the connection. No clue what it could be.

First rule of computer consulting:
Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day.
Sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.