• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 RI Halls

RI Halls

• Validated Members
  • 34 posts
  • SKP#:106355

Posted 20 February 2012 - 12:41 PM

Anyone heading that way ~ use caution...

http://news.yahoo.co...-090722480.html
2010 Dodge Ram 3500 CTD Dually Mega-Cab with 4.10 gears and a Pullrite Superglide
2011 Jayco Eagle 365 BHS with all options (except the fireplace)
2012 Yamaha Zuma 125
DH - SteveDW - Joanne#1 Son - Ian (10)#2 Son - Brendan (5)#1 Daughter - Chloe (5)#1 Dog - Max (Shih-Poo 2)
Full timing since December 2011

http://hallsontheroad.blogspot.com/

#2 VetRVer

VetRVer

Major Contributor

• Validated Members
  • 2181 posts
  • SKP#:109829

Posted 20 February 2012 - 01:52 PM

Wow, seems he's staying clear of people. Just using the cabins in winter and hitting the trail when warm weather sets in.

Brian
USAF Ret

"A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'" (Author unknown)

Vets with PTSD and Other VA Issues

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."
~ Thomas Jefferson..

#3 Rover

Rover

• Validated Members
  • 254 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 02:19 PM

:rolleyes: I would have to say; he don't seem too confrontational, they have only sppoted him one time, the camera one time in five years. Could it be someone else trashing the cabins, as the article stated it don't appear all have been trashed. Guees we will have to wait for the follow-up? If ever there is one.If he is captured; I hope he is not killed and they find out exactly what kind of persom he is.

Edited by Rover, 20 February 2012 - 02:22 PM.

:) Living Life One Day At A Time!

#4 BrianT

BrianT

Major Contributor

• Validated Members
  • 4513 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 03:41 PM

Not that I would actually do this, but...

If I were to want to live off of the things that other people left behind, I think I'd be more inclined to leave as little evidence as I could that I was ever there at all.

Going in and messing up a place makes it obvious someone was there. But if the place looked pretty much like they left it 5 or 6 months earlier, it's possible that they might question whether they really left X behind or whether they may have used it up before they left. ??

It does make me wonder if it is someone who's cheese is slipping off the ol' cracker. ?

Brian

#5 Larry and Rita

Larry and Rita

• Validated Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 05:53 PM

I am more inclined to agree with Brian.
If I could live off the land for 5 years, and avoid being seen, I don't think I would make an issue or wreck cabins, to bring attention to my presence.
I kind of think the wrecked cabins were kids out having a good weekend.
They said they found a tent and a bunch of guns jjust lying around the campsite, which did not sound like something a recluse would do.
The funny part is what the newscaster speculate who he is or where he came from.
In as much as "Slipping off his cracker" I'll bet he's smarter than most of us.

#6 BrianT

BrianT

Major Contributor

• Validated Members
  • 4513 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 06:21 PM

I am more inclined to agree with Brian.
If I could live off the land for 5 years, and avoid being seen, I don't think I would make an issue or wreck cabins, to bring attention to my presence.
I kind of think the wrecked cabins were kids out having a good weekend.
They said they found a tent and a bunch of guns jjust lying around the campsite, which did not sound like something a recluse would do.
The funny part is what the newscaster speculate who he is or where he came from.
In as much as "Slipping off his cracker" I'll bet he's smarter than most of us.

Actually, I kinda like your explanation / theory. Kids out having "fun" would seem to fit a possible scenario pretty well, especially if they can blame it on someone else (like the recluse). It's possible that the "recluse" hasn't caused any real damage at all. (??)

I guess the one thing I wondered about was the mental wellness of said "recluse". Some people (not everyone, but some) do tend to become eccentric or somewhat unbalanced over time when they're isolated from other people, voluntarily or otherwise. Not saying this guy necessarily is slipping his cheese, just that it's not much of a stretch to think of it as a possibility.

Brian