• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12 replies to this topic

#1 Ray & carol

Ray & carol

• Validated Members
  • 133 posts
  • SKP#:100459

Posted 19 February 2012 - 01:11 PM

We are just about to start full=timing and are retired Air Force. Does anyone have any problems receiving perscription medication via tricare mail? It sounds pretty simple but I really like to hear from people actually doing this. We are looking at a workamp position in NC and will need to have our medication sent to us. This is a new adventure and looking for pro and cons about this issue. Thanks

#2 Les Richards

Les Richards

• Validated Members
  • 38 posts
  • SKP#:105230

Posted 19 February 2012 - 01:54 PM

We have been using ExpressScripts for the last couple of Years with no problems. When you move you just change your adress. The doctors just email the prescriptions to them and they do the rest. Generic ones are free and shipping is free. Good luck and safe travels.

2000 Dutch Star Gasser

07 Saturn Ion

#3 Warren & Sandy

Warren & Sandy

• Validated Members
  • 30 posts
  • SKP#:108605

Posted 19 February 2012 - 05:41 PM

We also have been using the Tricare/Express Scripts mail order prescriptions. It is very easy, just have your credit card on file and update your mailing address. We have several RX setup for automatic refill. This weekend I received an email asking which scripts I wanted refilled. The email showed the script, last time filled, and the number of refills remaining.

Try it, you will like the convenience.
Warren & Sandy
2006 New Horizons 36 ft 5ver
2003 Freightliner FL60 - Mountain Master conversion

#4 Ray & carol

Ray & carol

• Validated Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 06:58 PM

What happens when the perscription runs out (o) refills> Do they ask the doctor for a new perscription and that takes care of it? It sounds really simple. I guess we will have to go on line and put our info in.

#5 nana25k

nana25k

Major Contributor

• Validated Members
  • 3232 posts
  • SKP#:97338

Posted 19 February 2012 - 09:55 PM

If you have drugs that are not a controlled substance then you can request ExpressScripts to contact your Dr. for refills. Controlled/classified drugs work differently. ES cannot contact the Dr. you must do that. Most Dr. have an electronic system now days for prescriptions and again ES can recieve RX via electroinc transmission...except for again controlled drugs. While we have been able to have those controlled drugs refills faxed by the DR we are now seeing a note that those RXs must now be mailed in. I plan to call them this week to varify this. So it does take a little planning. We do not have automatic refills because we do not want to have them send a refill at the wrong time and end up at the wrong address. So we go online and make sure tha address is the correct one and then we go to our own personal page and request the refills be sent. For us it can all be about timing.
I would like to say that this has always been a painless procedure....however we have had a few snafus and it can take some persistance to get to the person who can solve the problem. But it is the best way for retired military to get their medications.

Edited by nana25k, 19 February 2012 - 10:00 PM.

Ron & Linda

Class of 2007
2000 Monaco Diplomat

2005 Honda Element

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are" Theodore Roosevelt

"We can't control the wind, but we can adjust our sail"

"When man gave up his freedom to roam the earth, he gave up his soul for a conditioned ego that is bound by time and the fear of losing its attachments."

#6 Bill Walker

Bill Walker

• Validated Members
  • 17 posts
  • SKP#:112051

Posted 20 February 2012 - 07:05 AM

We've used this system also and been very satisfied. The only issue we had was when my wife's employment gave her pharmacy benefits, this caused ES to cancel all my perscriptions that had refills left on them. It was really a function of Tricare Prime, which by law must be your secondary insurance if you have other, non government insurance. Now that we're going on the road full-time, ES will again provide our prescriptions.
Bill Walker
Escapee # 109365
Full-timing since April 2012 with 2 cats!
Now in a new (to me) 2006 Nu-Wa 37CKRD 5th Wheel
2001 F350 w/ 7.3 Dsl

#7 Warren & Sandy

Warren & Sandy

• Validated Members
  • 30 posts
  • SKP#:108605

Posted 20 February 2012 - 12:40 PM

To clarify the auto refills, Express Scripts sends an email when it's refill time. You go to their website and enter your name and password. Then you make your selection of which script(s) to refill and enter your payment and shipping address info.

They don't automatically send a refill when you are due for a refill. You have to place the order.

Very easy, customer friendly system.
Warren & Sandy
2006 New Horizons 36 ft 5ver
2003 Freightliner FL60 - Mountain Master conversion

#8 Ray & carol

Ray & carol

• Validated Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 06:54 PM

thank you for all the info and appreciate all the comments. It sounds as if it works pretty well and I plan on using this system. We don't have controlled medicine at all. We are still in pretty good health. I wll sign up tomorrow.

#9 wohtex

wohtex

• Validated Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 09:37 PM

We are at the end of the first year with Express Scripts and overall has been good with a few problems. Seems like when I go to the site and update something in my profile the new change takes place but doesn't flow to their other systems and I end up having to personally emailing them and complaining about the issue for it to get corrected. This time it is my wife's renewals, 4 medications were put in for renewal on Feb 10th, I know for a fact the Doctor renewed all of them but Express Scripts show's two renewed on the 12th one on the 16th and the other still pending. It is still better than going to Walmart every 30 days.

Bill
2002 Ford F-250 SD CC 4X4
2011 Forest River Wildcat 313RE FW

#10 marspec2003

marspec2003

• Validated Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 06:08 AM

To clarify the auto refills, Express Scripts sends an email when it's refill time. You go to their website and enter your name and password. Then you make your selection of which script(s) to refill and enter your payment and shipping address info.

They don't automatically send a refill when you are due for a refill. You have to place the order.

Very easy, customer friendly system.

In my case I have auto refills and a credit card in the system and they automatically send the refills to my address and charge the card. I am not a full timer but in the past I have given ES temporary addresses and they have sent the meds to the temp address.

Chuck & Lola
WV
Retired USCG

2013 Ford F450/2013 Lifestyle 37RESL

#11 Ray & carol

Ray & carol

• Validated Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 09:01 AM

Thanks again for al the info. In any system there will always be stipulation that has to be overcome. Nothing is perfect and the pros definitely outway the cons. I appreciate all the comeback.

#12 tjones1935

tjones1935

Major Contributor

• Validated Members
  • 898 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 04:47 PM

I have been using Tricare Express Scripts for several years but recently have been having trouble with them. My doctor is now paperless, and if she sends two refills on the same transmission then Tricare will fail notice or not get the second one. If I ask Express Scrips to fax the doctor for a refill that is works about half the time.

Express Scripts for me is located in Tempe,AZ about 20 miles away so when they ship I get them in just a couple of days and you cannot beat the price but it gets frustrating dealing with them all the time.

I have learned if you need to talk to someone after dialing the 877 number just press 0 to bypass the menue and get some live person to talk to...
tjones1935

If you can't fix it with a hammer you have an electrical problem.

#13 Ron and Laine

Ron and Laine

Major Contributor

• Validated Members
  • 1027 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 06:04 PM

I receive all my meds from the VA hospital in Lexington, KY. I all the pharmacy when it is time to fill them and they send it to the address I provide. If I am going to be traveling around and not in one place for a time, they send the meds to my daughter address and she forward them to me when we settle in for a few days. Has worked great for the past 6 years.

Ron
US Army retired
Leo, Shitzu/Lhasa Apso
2010 Tiffin Phaeton 40QTH
2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid