9 replies to this topic

#1 Ron and Laine

Ron and Laine

Major Contributor

• Validated Members
  • 1027 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 06:05 PM

2010 Honda.

I have blown the fuse to my taillights and I am unable to determine which fuse it is. I have looked in the owner’s manual and it does not specify tail light fuse. Would appreciate any info, as pulling ever fuse under the dash is next to impossible due to the tight spot they put the fuse panel. I have looked under the hood and pulled all those and they appear to be good.

Ron
US Army retired
Leo, Shitzu/Lhasa Apso
2010 Tiffin Phaeton 40QTH
2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid

#2 Walt&Connie

Walt&Connie

• Validated Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 07:03 PM

your under hood fuse panel.

check #12 fuse, amp 15A, stop and horn.
the manual did not show a separate tail light fuse.

The fuse may look good, but could still be blown, find another 15amp fuse in another location and put in # 12 location, make sure after you put it back in the original location.

Question? did you check the bulb? or check that the bulb socket could be loose in its holder/bracket.

Hope this helps.

#3 Ron and Laine

Ron and Laine

Major Contributor

• Validated Members
  • 1027 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 09:46 PM

Brake and horn work. I know the bulbs are good. It is the tail lights that I blew the fuse on. Seems like Honda put every thing on seperate fuses, like right headlight, left headlight.
I will take another look at # 12.

Ron
US Army retired
Leo, Shitzu/Lhasa Apso
2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid

#4 Walt&Connie

Walt&Connie

• Validated Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 10:50 AM

Chances are that the tail light filaments in the dual filament bulb are burned out.

but to say that the tail light bulb went, did you at least try your parking lights they may be as well tied into the same bulb.if they were out as well then I say go for the harness.

Edited by Walt&Connie, 11 February 2012 - 10:53 AM.

#5 Walt&Connie

Walt&Connie

• Validated Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 11:19 AM

Check interior fuse panel
#37 7.5 amp Daytime running lights

this is a complete pdf copy of manual ( don't know if your manual is the same? this is were I got the info for you.

www.techinfo.honda.com/rjanisis/pubs/OM/WA1010/​WA1010OM.pdf

search engine Bing.
2010 crv owner manual
(look for)
owner manual(unlinked)

To remove rear tail light assembly the tail lights on your HondaCRV is asimple process. If only one bulb on your tail light is malfunctioning, theissue is most likely with the bulb. If none of the bulbs on your tail light areworking, there is either an electrical problem or the tail lamp fuse hasbroken.

Turn off the engine and open the reardoor of the CRV.

Place the clean cloth over the point of the screwdriver and insert thescrewdriver into the edge of the tail lampcover. Pry open the cover.

Remove the two tail lamp screws using the screwdriver. Remove the tail lampassembly from the vehicle.Pull on the electrical connector and make sure it is plugged in. If it comesout or is loose, securely plug it into the assembly.

Rotate the malfunctioning bulb socket counterclockwise and remove it fromthe assembly. Pull the bulb out of the socket and use a clean cloth to installthe replacement bulb. Use 7440 bulbs for first and second generation CRVs and992 bulbs for third generation CRVs.

Place the socket back into the assembly and rotate it clockwise to secureit. Place the assembly back into the vehicle and reattach the two screws.Reinstall the tail lam cover. Close the rear door.

Open the hood and locate the under-hood fuse box. Remove the cover from thefuse box and locate the "TAIL LAMP" fuse. If the metal inside thefuse is broken, the fuse will have to be replaced.

Pull the fuse out of the vehicle and replace it with a new 15A fuse. Placethe cover on the fuse box and close the hood.

Edited by Walt&Connie, 11 February 2012 - 12:13 PM.

#6 Kirk

Kirk

Major Contributor

• Weekend Moderators
  • 20258 posts
  • SKP#:60541

Posted 11 February 2012 - 11:21 AM

I wouldn't eliminate the bulbs without verifying that they are good as I have seen it happen that two have failed.

Good travelin !...............Kirk
Author & Escapee's Magazine contributor
Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers again.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure
dolphins.jpg

#7 Ron and Laine

Ron and Laine

Major Contributor

• Validated Members
  • 1027 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 05:14 PM

Went to a Honda dealer today, all fuses are good. Made an appointment to take it back Tuesday. Apparently there is a Multiplexer under the dash that is bad.

Edited by Ron and Laine, 11 February 2012 - 06:34 PM.

Ron
US Army retired
Leo, Shitzu/Lhasa Apso
2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid

#8 Ron and Laine

Ron and Laine

Major Contributor

• Validated Members
  • 1027 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 06:21 AM

double post

Edited by Ron and Laine, 12 February 2012 - 08:10 AM.

Ron
US Army retired
Leo, Shitzu/Lhasa Apso
2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid

#9 Don Quixote

Don Quixote

• Validated Members
  • 274 posts
  • SKP#:25612

Posted 26 February 2012 - 09:43 PM

Went to a Honda dealer today, all fuses are good. Made an appointment to take it back Tuesday. Apparently there is a Multiplexer under the dash that is bad.

So, can you tell us anything more about how your problem was resolved? I don't get what a "multiplexer" is or what all it controls...
Gary & Eloise too
'05 Allegro Bus, 40TSP
'01 Honda CR-V
SKP#25612 Life Member Full-time since 1991

#10 Ron and Laine

Ron and Laine

Major Contributor

• Validated Members
  • 1027 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 10:24 PM

So, can you tell us anything more about how your problem was resolved? I don't get what a "multiplexer" is or what all it controls...

It was a fuse after all, # 19 under the dash, The multiplexer controlls many things like lights, electric windows and door locks just to name a few.

Edited by Ron and Laine, 26 February 2012 - 10:24 PM.

Ron
US Army retired
Leo, Shitzu/Lhasa Apso
2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid