new address / medical

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 Luck Dragon Kelly C

Luck Dragon Kelly C

• Validated Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 01:22 PM

we are now fulltime enjoying are coach, three months till we retire and start are adventure. Next month going to SD to get new DL, already have local address, then new plates for our vehicle. Looks like I will need to keep a local address(UPS store) in Calif for only for my old company, for medical benefits. Is that enough for California to still come after me for taxes? Looking for opinion not legal advice.

Thanks
Kelly
Luck Dragon
Kelly & June
Luck Dragon
2002 Country Coach Allure 36'
1994 Wrangler
2006 HD Ultra

#2 Mike & Patty

Mike & Patty

Major Contributor

• Validated Members
  • 568 posts
  • SKP#:99967

Posted 07 February 2012 - 04:13 PM

Welcome to the Escapees forum. Wish I had an opinion but have no experience with California other than my MiL still pays taxes to CA due to her owning a rental house there.

Oh, forgot to invite you to come join the Class of 2012. Come on over and place a marker on your current location on our Class Map. We currently have 21 members and are a fun group.

Edited by Mike & Pat, 07 February 2012 - 04:15 PM.

Mike
x];-}

SKP# 99967
FMCA 409720
US Army retired
DoD Civilian retired
http://greenbeavertr...s.blogspot.com/
2000 Beaver Contessa...2010 Suzuki Grand Vitara...2013 BRP CanAm Spyder RTS Limited

s-event.png

"A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'"

#3 Luck Dragon Kelly C

Luck Dragon Kelly C

• Validated Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 06:02 PM

[quote name='Mike & Pat' timestamp='1328652792' post='520854']
Welcome to the Escapees forum. Wish I had an opinion but have no experience with California other than my MiL still pays taxes to CA due to her owning a rental house there.

Oh, forgot to invite you to come join the Class of 2012. Come on over and place a marker on your current location on our Class Map. We currently have 21 members and are a fun group.

Went and already add to. Looks like I have the same bike, 06 Ultra.
Kelly & June
Luck Dragon
1994 Wrangler
2006 HD Ultra

#4 DaveM

DaveM

Major Contributor

• Validated Members
  • 842 posts
  • SKP#:109123

Posted 08 February 2012 - 07:51 AM

Kelly, not knowing all your circumstances I will just say what I did and do. I have all my and my wifes mail sent to them , including meds sent to my mail , then I just have them send it to where I am at , at that time. Don't get involved with multiple addresses when it comes to your mail. Trust me, been there done that and what a mess it becomes. Thats why I went with everything going to the mail forward service and then I pay the extra to have it sent to me.

Dave
Dave & Linda
2011 Bighorn 3670
2000 Ford 7.3 PS diesel white and tan in color Now Fulltiming since May15, 2010

Semper Fi Marines!!

#5 Barbaraok

Barbaraok

Major Contributor

• Validated Members
  • 7241 posts
  • SKP#:90761

Posted 08 February 2012 - 09:24 AM

Be very careful, what your going to do might be looked upon as fraud by the company providing the medical coverage. Is the coverage an HMO, which is why you are required to have a California address? I think that you have also set yourself up as still being California residents, thus subject to state income tax, etc., because you are stating that to the insurance company.

Barb

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
Full-timimg with our cat Shadow (16 yrs old)
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2004 Subaru Forester toad (Mischief)
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

#6 Luck Dragon Kelly C

Luck Dragon Kelly C

• Validated Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 10:28 AM

Thats also my thoughts, just looking for other advise. Will be looking to change from a HMO to a PPO when I retire. A little more out of pocket expences, but all can be address out of SD. Company I'm retiring from offers both programs.
Thanks everyone
Kelly

PS now time to finish finding full time insurance for the coach and jeep.
Kelly & June
Luck Dragon
1994 Wrangler
2006 HD Ultra