• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

#1 rhome

rhome

• Validated Members
  • 147 posts
  • SKP#:97596

Posted 06 January 2012 - 10:41 AM

I know many SKPs have stayed at Betty's RV Park in Abbeville, LA and have been caught in Betty's web. I am posting this message to let you know she is being honored as a Living Legend at the Acadian Museum and a blog has been set up so you can send your congratulations to the link below.

Hi to all of RV'ers who have been through Betty's RV Park.
In case you haven't heard Betty has been inducted into the Living Legends program at the Acadian Museum in Erath, Louisiana on February 11, 2012.
As much as ALL of her RV'ers would love to be in Erath for the occasion, I know that it is not possible. But what is possible is to send our "GOOD WISHES" to Betty.
I have started a Blog so we can all go to it and SIGN THE GUESTBOOK ON THE RIGHT HAND SIDE OF THE BLOG.
This is where I NEED EACH OF YOUR HELP!!!!!! I need everyone of you to go through your email contact list and resend this email to everyone you have that are RV'ers that have been through Betty's. I am sending out 60+ emails, but I know there are more RV'ers out there then I have emails for. SO please, resend this to your contact list of Betty's RV'ers.
THIS IS A SURPRISE!!!!!!!! We will be at Betty's for the induction and will show her the Blog at Happy Hour on Friday, February 10th, 2012.
SO GO TO THE BLOG, SIGN THE GUEST BOOK, AND PASS IT ON TO OTHERS.

My link

Edited by rhome, 06 January 2012 - 10:43 AM.

Jim and Nancy Tidball
2004 Dutch Star 4025
2006 Honda CRV
http://runningdownou...am.blogspot.com

#2 soos

soos

Major Contributor

• Validated Members
  • 511 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 02:42 PM

wow, thats cool! we've only been there once but its such an awesome, unique experience. she is SUCH a character!!
Sue
Sue and Paul- fulltiming since July 2009 with Dozer, our Gray Tuxedo cat
Our home: 2012 DRV Mobile Suites 36TKSB4 pulled by a 2011Ford F450
Our "vacation home" : 2005 Lance 1181 Truck camper
http://soos-ontheroad.blogspot.com/

#3 J&V

J&V

Major Contributor

• Validated Members
  • 850 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 04:22 PM

Caught as well, we are in her web. We will stay till mid- February and enjoy every day. Betty is a tribute to the authenticity and history of the Acadiana people.To be here is to be immersed in the local culture. Lot's to do and see locally as well. We will attend her indoctrination into the hall of fame too. Now I could say and write a lot more but it's time for Happy Hour so off we go. :D
J&V with Edina, the wonder dobie and
Net Proceeds our 2005 Volvo VNL630 256" WB. Focus SVT on the back, in the garage. ET Hitch controlling the articulation. Jackalopee controlling the 'juice'. 2002 Teton 39' Grand Sundance
All still a work in progress.
Photos and comments at http://gallery.ournetproceeds.com

#4 docj

docj

Major Contributor

• Validated Members
  • 2362 posts
  • SKP#:106682

Posted 06 January 2012 - 07:31 PM

We spent Thanksgiving at Betty's last year (our second stay). We had a great time with a crowd of people all of who "were caught in Betty's web. We stuffed our freezer with Cajun food before we left and when it runs out I guess we'll have to go back. :lol:

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/brake system
WiFiRanger Ambassador & RVParkReviews admin
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels
rv+2+signature.jpg

#5 Kellie Roberts

Kellie Roberts

Major Contributor

• Validated Members
  • 577 posts
  • SKP#:106686

Posted 06 January 2012 - 08:05 PM

Now I could say and write a lot more but it's time for Happy Hour so off we go. :D

Priceless & you know we're green with envy. LOL Plz tell Betty, Vickie, Ron & Ann howdy from George & I. Hahaha. And pass on some good rubbins for Miss Edina.

Rhome .. Thanks so very much for sharing the news. I think all of the people that we would email are still there! Seriously. :lol: But I will contact those who aren't. We spent 12/05 - 12/11 there this year & are definitely caught in Betty's web. And we also got to meet some great fellow SKPs too. Even though we meandered back to TX for the holidays with our kiddos, we spent about another week checking our watch thinking it was time to beat feet over to Happy Hour!

Betty exemplifies L'Acadiane & this is a fitting honor.
Kellie & George Roberts
'94
Bluebird Wanderlodge ~ No Reservations
'08 Jeep Sahara 4x4
SKP #106686

~A ton of regret never made an ounce of difference~

Not A Moment Too Soon

#6 rhome

rhome

• Validated Members
  • 147 posts
  • SKP#:97596

Posted 03 February 2012 - 09:07 AM

Just another reminder there is only one week left to put a comment on the blog for Betty as she is being honored as a Living Legend. See link in the original post.
Jim and Nancy Tidball
2004 Dutch Star 4025
2006 Honda CRV
http://runningdownou...am.blogspot.com

#7 Newt

Newt

Major Contributor

• Validated Members
  • 2369 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 10:05 AM

I don't have a "bucket list" as such. If I did, going to Betty's would be on it.

Newt
2012 HitchHiker Discover America 345 LKSB
2009 Dodge/Cummins

LIVINGSTON TX

#8 Mr Nifty

Mr Nifty

• Validated Members
  • 98 posts
  • SKP#:106550

Posted 27 February 2012 - 08:50 PM

After reading this thread. Betty's is on my to do list.

2008 F450 King Ranch.6.7L Power Stroke Diesel
6500 watt 54 AMP Gen Box RV Generator
Keystone Montana 3150RL 5er. Part Timer.
Yes I really am from South Dakota.

#9 J&V

J&V

Major Contributor

• Validated Members
  • 850 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 09:43 PM

Just reviewing 'rhome' blog...nicely done Jim and Nanc! We survived Mardi Gras in New Orleans...a different kind of fun for sure. In reviewing your blog I am reminded of the wonderful experiences shared at Betty's. :P She does an excellent job managing her little park. As with many experiences in life...it's the people. Have fun! :)
J&V with Edina, the wonder dobie and
Net Proceeds our 2005 Volvo VNL630 256" WB. Focus SVT on the back, in the garage. ET Hitch controlling the articulation. Jackalopee controlling the 'juice'. 2002 Teton 39' Grand Sundance
All still a work in progress.
Photos and comments at http://gallery.ournetproceeds.com

#10 DonF

DonF

Major Contributor

• Validated Members
  • 1115 posts
  • SKP#:103279

Posted 28 February 2012 - 12:04 PM

Tre´s cool --- wish we'd been there! This is on our bucket list, hope to get there for Fat Tuesday someday!

Glad you to see Jay & Vicki got there this year!

-Don
Don & Fannie

2005 Volvo 670, 12sp FreedomLine, "Black Dude", 3.36 axle, Szmyt Wonder-Smart loader,
ET hitch, Jackalopee (original-prototype), BLUE-DOT air-over-hydraulic brake system,
2007 New Horizons F35RLSSS-C (Mor/Ryde-IS, Kodiak disc brakes, 17.5 H tires),
2005 smart fortwo passion