• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14 replies to this topic

#1 The Rambling Roses

The Rambling Roses

• Validated Members
  • 273 posts
  • SKP#:15115

Posted 22 December 2011 - 09:48 AM

Another SKP ACRE is in the making. Don't forget SKP ACRE dates are April 17th to the 22nd, 2012. That is just 116 days away. Registration forms have gone onto the website. You can download it and mail it and a check, or fill it in on the website, and mail a check or send the fee from your personal PayPal account that you send money to anyone. The registration will be opened to be complete and pay direct to PayPal soon.
We still have the Biltmore as an optional tour with their group rates of only $40.00. T-Shirts will be offered again this year, and Dennie eat your heart out they will be YELLOW this year.
We will have a group from the Overmountain National Historic Trail in costume do a demonstration. Overmountain NHT link
NPS link
The schedule will be on the website in the near future but it will be subject to change as new events are booked.

SKP ACRE
:)

Edited by The Rambling Roses, 22 December 2011 - 12:53 PM.

#2 Bill B

Bill B

Major Contributor

• Validated Members
  • 3505 posts
  • SKP#:93811

Posted 22 December 2011 - 12:15 PM

Bryon - Might want to change or add a link to the site. The current one goes to the NPS.gov site (or was that intentional?) Thx - Trying to talk the wife into heading there prior to the ECR.

Found it - http://www.skpacre.com/

Edited by Bill B, 22 December 2011 - 12:30 PM.

Bill and Cecil

1999 Ford PSD CC DRW 6sd Manual | Rear Air Suspension | B&D Exhaust Brake
2004 Volvo 630 Motorhome - Freedomline Tranny | 2003 38' New Horizons 5'er

Photobucket Pictures

#3 The Rambling Roses

The Rambling Roses

• Validated Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 12:55 PM

Bryon - Might want to change or add a link to the site. The current one goes to the NPS.gov site (or was that intentional?) Thx - Trying to talk the wife into heading there prior to the ECR.

Found it - http://www.skpacre.com/

Thanks Bill I added both sites plus the SKP ACRE site.

#4 The Rambling Roses

The Rambling Roses

• Validated Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 08:58 AM

Hi Everyone
I hope everyone had a really great Christmas.
I just wanted to let you know that the Registration is complete and ready to go with PayPal and everything.
Sorry for the larger print, but I'm getting older and need it.

#5 Bill B

Bill B

Major Contributor

• Validated Members
  • 3505 posts
  • SKP#:93811

Posted 26 December 2011 - 09:09 AM

Bryon - for increasing your personal Font size, without affecting the font on the forom (or any place else), hold down the CTRL (control) key and tap the plus ( + ) to make it larger. CRTL and the minus ( - ) key make it smaller. This is for active screens. Just a hint.

Bill and Cecil

1999 Ford PSD CC DRW 6sd Manual | Rear Air Suspension | B&D Exhaust Brake
2004 Volvo 630 Motorhome - Freedomline Tranny | 2003 38' New Horizons 5'er

Photobucket Pictures

#6 The Rambling Roses

The Rambling Roses

• Validated Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 09:02 AM

Well its a New Year. We have had several Registrations come in before the end of the year. I can't believe that some people got theirs in before I did. That's not nice, I usually get to be FIRST,

Edited by The Rambling Roses, 06 January 2012 - 08:43 AM.

#7 The Rambling Roses

The Rambling Roses

• Validated Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 02:59 PM

If you are going to be in the area early, early arrival is Sunday April 15. If you have already sent in your registration come in early if you want and we can take care of the extra days when you we have registration on the
17th. Don't forget to order your T-Shirts. :rolleyes:

#8 The Rambling Roses

The Rambling Roses

• Validated Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 08:55 AM

I have spent the last few days using up my minutes contacting venders for door prizes and bag stuffers. We really have a lot of nice door prizes and things for the goody bags.
Carol Hill will be leading Line Dancing. We have several Computer seminars, and am working on some crafts. Haven't decided if we will do the Klondike bars or the Ice Cream sandwiches for the Ice Cream Social.
We added Tom Sparks Appalachian Music to the schedule this week.
Registrations are rolling in.
Make plans to join the Biggest Eastern SKP Rally

Edited by The Rambling Roses, 28 January 2012 - 08:56 AM.

#9 The Rambling Roses

The Rambling Roses

• Validated Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 08:13 PM

If you know of anyone that does not use a computer print a copy of the registration form for them or contact me and I will print one and send it to them
Thanks
brose38@gmail.com

Edited by The Rambling Roses, 31 January 2012 - 08:14 PM.

#10 The Rambling Roses

The Rambling Roses

• Validated Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 07:10 PM

We need some help.

Candace Rivero

Message: My almost 80-year old Mom will be attending ACRE this year, and I think it would make a great interview for someone to spend a while talking with her (as a SURPRISE, OR she may be shy all of a sudden!).

She has returned to full-time RVing - as a SOLO - and plans to take a snow-mobile ride in Yellowstone on her 80th birthday this November!!

I talked to Jaimie Hall Bruzenak about doing a follow up interview to her recent CNN TV show, but she is not planning to attend ACRE this year.

So, is there another RV writer who you know of who is willing to do the interview ??

Candace Rivero

If anyone knows of someone who can do the job contact SKP ACRE and we will get the information to Candace.

skpacre@gmail.com

#11 The Rambling Roses

The Rambling Roses

• Validated Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 03:50 PM

I just wanted to let you know that as of today we have 100 Rigs and 178 People registered. We are still have 34 more days to go. We are getting 1 or 2 registrations everyday. If half the people that have told me that they are coming, register we should get our 150 Rigs or more.
The SOLOs are doing a pre rally coming on Sun the 15th. :rolleyes:

#12 The Rambling Roses

The Rambling Roses

• Validated Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 07:33 PM

On Thurs the 19th following Ice Cream - CARE presentation, Chapter 29 will conduct an auction for care, at their fall rally their auction netted $1000.00 for CARE. So bring lots of good stuff for the auction.

#13 The Rambling Roses

The Rambling Roses

• Validated Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 03:27 PM

‎120 RVs and 213 people. I ordered the T-Shirts today. If you have mailed your registration around 3-15 and we haven't gotten it yet we did order a few extras. If we have a lot of people that still wants one we can try to get them one. As of the 1st of April and you haven't registered please register on line, BUT DO NOT MAIL YOUR CHECK just bring the check to registration we can take care of it then. Just let us know that you are coming.

#14 The Rambling Roses

The Rambling Roses

• Validated Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 07:43 AM

If you haven't registered yet and are planning on coming don't mail your check. Please register online so that we know that you are coming and bring your check to registration. If you are not sure you can make it you are always welcome as a drive up.

#15 The Rambling Roses

The Rambling Roses

• Validated Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 07:43 AM

If you haven't registered yet and are planning on coming don't mail your check. Please register online so that we know that you are coming and bring your check to registration. If you are not sure you can make it you are always welcome as a drive up.