WARN STATUS

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
22 replies to this topic

#1 Walt&Connie

Walt&Connie

• Validated Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 12:50 PM

Today I stepped on you know what, when I made a post on (the other side of wall-mart) and got a WARN STATUS, I DESERVED THAT ONE.:(:(
I also posted on VETERANS, about the TRICARE pharmacy price changes, I gave a thanks for the heads up, and got another WARN STATUS!, WHY? :huh::o for saying thanks
also posted of Sharing the full-time lifestyle, about the states with rest areas, Gave a thanks for the list by states posted. GOT another WARN STATUS!; Why?:huh::o for saying thanks
Just posted on HDT, about flying dutchman's new truck, gave a big welcome, and keeps the photos coming, GUESS WHAT! another WARN STATUS!, Why?:huh::o for saying welcome to the forum

GUESS WHAT got a WARN STATUS on this post

Edited by Walt&Connie, 18 September 2011 - 12:51 PM.

#2 Jack Mayer

Jack Mayer

Major Contributor

• Weekend Moderators
  • 17978 posts
  • SKP#:60376

Posted 18 September 2011 - 01:01 PM

SO is your warn status increasing with each post. You will always see a warn status next to your post - only you can see that. If it is zero then you have done nothing wrong....if it increases then you are being warned by the moderators. They almost always will also send you an email or PM. If it is zero that is the same as everyone.

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member

PLEASE no PM's. Email me.
2012 New Horizons 42.5' Custom 5er (SOLD); New Horizons Ambassador

2009 Volvo 780,  D16 515/1850, 230" wb, I-Shift,  custom smart hauler deck by Herrin
2012 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com

#3 Rif

Rif

Major Contributor

• Validated Members
  • 4573 posts
  • SKP#:84860

Posted 18 September 2011 - 01:03 PM

The warn status is just a bar that will grow if you get warnings. As long as it is all white, you are fine. Everyone has one but you only see your own. You will see it on all your posts. Don't worry about it. You have not been warned. You will get a notice from the Admins if you do. This warn bar confuses a lot of new forum participants.

Edited by Rif, 18 September 2011 - 01:04 PM.

2000 Volvo 770, 500HP/1650FP Cummins N14 and 10 Speed Autoshift 3.58 Rear 202" WB, 2002 Teton Aspen Royal 43 Foot, Burgman 650 Scooter

#4 Walt&Connie

Walt&Connie

• Validated Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 01:07 PM

To Jack Mayer, and Rif.

Thanks for the info. The bar did not increase.

Again, THANKS FOR THE HELP!!!:D:D:D:D

Edited by Walt&Connie, 18 September 2011 - 01:10 PM.

#5 Southernnights

Southernnights

• Validated Members
  • 39 posts
  • SKP#:107318

Posted 18 September 2011 - 06:15 PM

Sorry Walt&Connie that you got a warn status for your post about mine on the walmart thread. You were just saying how you felt. No problems here. :D:D:)

And I sure did not mean to offend anyone. I am a big supporter of buying American when you can...and I get a little carried about it sometimes.:rolleyes:
Larry and Samantha,
Fur kids-Dutchess and Sweetie

Clouds and Oceans

#6 Rif

Rif

Major Contributor

• Validated Members
  • 4573 posts
  • SKP#:84860

Posted 18 September 2011 - 06:34 PM

Sorry Walt&Connie that you got a warn status for your post about mine on the walmart thread. You were just saying how you felt. No problems here. :D:D:)

And I sure did not mean to offend anyone. I am a big supporter of buying American when you can...and I get a little carried about it sometimes.:rolleyes:

Just to try again to set the record straight -- Walt and Connie did not get a warning from the administrator about their post. They merely noticed the warn status bar that everyone has. If you get warned you will almost certainly get an email telling you why, and you will note that your Warn Status bar is not all white.
2000 Volvo 770, 500HP/1650FP Cummins N14 and 10 Speed Autoshift 3.58 Rear 202" WB, 2002 Teton Aspen Royal 43 Foot, Burgman 650 Scooter

#7 GregCarr

GregCarr

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 139 posts
  • SKP#:7

Posted 19 September 2011 - 09:10 AM

Thanks for the explanation Rif.

I wish there was some way to turn the warning status bar off until a user has been warned but it just can't be done. I know it causes confusion to new people, but I have been using it lately to keep track of repeat offenders so I'd kinda like to keep it.
-Your mostly friendly neighborhood Forum Admin Greg .a.k.a Darth Carr-

#8 Walt&Connie

Walt&Connie

• Validated Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 10:28 AM

Again, Thanks for all the reply's. To Rif, you re-clarified your post, thanks again.:D and to southernights, no harm no foul, that's what makes the republic great. :)

On a note: this is a great site, and the input is awesome :D. When we jump to the DARK SIDE, (unknown time frame) I will drain all your brain cells with my questions :)

Keep the shiny side up, and the dirty side down.

#9 rvpopeye

rvpopeye

Major Contributor

• Validated Members
  • 1141 posts
  • SKP#:78016

Posted 19 September 2011 - 11:00 AM

"On a note: this is a great site, and the input is awesome :D. When we jump to the DARK SIDE, (unknown time frame) I will drain all your brain cells with my questions :)"

Why wait?? Ask away! ;)
stay tuned
popeye

#10 esmarkey

esmarkey

• Validated Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 02:08 PM

As a newbie, I was concerned about the "warn status" as well. I am glad I found this thread which explains.... As I thought I was the only one that had it :blink:

This is a great forum and I hope to not only suck up info from all of the seasoned experts, but to contribute as well.

#11 TomMarik

TomMarik

• Validated Members
  • 446 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 08:33 PM

I've been a member for nearly a decade and I have no idea what my "warn status" is.

Maybe I need better computer glasses.
2004 Peterbilt 385
2004 New Horizon 41 foot fiver
One Trek for chores and one for fun

#12 Mike and Claudia

Mike and Claudia

Major Contributor

• Validated Members
  • 633 posts
  • SKP#:17783

Posted 28 October 2011 - 10:36 PM

I always figured that was a note from Claudia, "WARNING ME!"
Traveling America in "God's Grace"

#13 Mahrie

Mahrie

• Validated Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 07:00 PM

SO is your warn status increasing with each post. You will always see a warn status next to your post - only you can see that. If it is zero then you have done nothing wrong....if it increases then you are being warned by the moderators. They almost always will also send you an email or PM. If it is zero that is the same as everyone.

Thanks Jack! I wondered what that meant. :blink: Now, if I could only figure out how to post a signature line. Sigh....

Blessings,

Mahrie.

#14 Stanley P. Miller

Stanley P. Miller

Major Contributor

• Weekend Moderators
  • 16491 posts
  • SKP#:51443

Posted 07 December 2011 - 10:49 PM

signature: http://www.rvnetwork...&area=signature

First rule of computer consulting:
Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day.
Sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.

#15 sir vayor

sir vayor

• Validated Members
  • 258 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 11:49 AM

Mostly it is about power trips, IMHO. I still have the little warning-o-meter show up because I had the audacity to criticize AARP. The warning was for making a political statement. I still fail to see how criticizing an organization which plays a role in the every day lives of most RVers is political? At any rate, I just ignore the thing.
2000 New Horizons 5th wheel
Western Wilderness Truck Camper
My Blog

#16 Barbaraok

Barbaraok

Major Contributor

• Validated Members
  • 7253 posts
  • SKP#:90761

Posted 15 December 2011 - 12:49 PM

All of us have a warning strip that only we can see. If it is empty, it is just a place holder.

Barb

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
Full-timimg with our cat Shadow (16 yrs old)
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2004 Subaru Forester toad (Mischief)
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

#17 imadtchmn

imadtchmn

• Validated Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 01:20 PM

Thanks for the explanation Rif.

I wish there was some way to turn the warning status bar off until a user has been warned but it just can't be done. I know it causes confusion to new people, but I have been using it lately to keep track of repeat offenders so I'd kinda like to keep it.

Hmm php, shouldn't be that hard to change the script

if(warningstatus =< '1'){don't show status bar}
else {show it with warning}

Dang, programming mind is showing up again ;)

logo.jpg
imadtchmn (I'm a Dutchman)
1998 Chevy Silverado Dually 6.5L TB Diesel w/plenty of power mods
2001 Dutchmen Classic ES33 2 slides
Class of 2016 Come visit our Class

event.png

We're getting there one day at a time. Wishing for a fast forward button.

#18 Stanley P. Miller

Stanley P. Miller

Major Contributor

• Weekend Moderators
  • 16491 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 03:53 PM

You'd think changing things would be easy but remember this isn't PHPBB it is IPB ( http://www.invisionp...products/board/ ) and touching the code under it is not pretty and can mess up your support agreement. If there isn't a control panel option for it on IPB you are far better off not touching it.

#19 imadtchmn

imadtchmn

• Validated Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 06:10 PM

You'd think changing things would be easy but remember this isn't PHPBB it is IPB ( http://www.invisionp...products/board/ ) and touching the code under it is not pretty and can mess up your support agreement. If there isn't a control panel option for it on IPB you are far better off not touching it.

I agree if you have a support agreement. Don't want to break any support contract you have.

logo.jpg
imadtchmn (I'm a Dutchman)
1998 Chevy Silverado Dually 6.5L TB Diesel w/plenty of power mods
2001 Dutchmen Classic ES33 2 slides
Class of 2016 Come visit our Class

event.png

We're getting there one day at a time. Wishing for a fast forward button.

#20 Stanley P. Miller

Stanley P. Miller

Major Contributor

• Weekend Moderators
  • 16491 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 06:20 PM

I don't know all the details on this but I can give an overview of a similar problem.

The admins burned a lot of hours trying to find a way to let the weekend ad-zappers have a way to block ads under this current version like we used to have under the previous release. Much head scratching and contacting the board developers with no results. The admins have a barely adequate solution running now as a tourniquet (like a band-aid but for a much worse problem and one you don't want on for long) and while it is working nobody is happy with it or wants it to go on much longer. Still since the choice was to upgrade versions or drop out of support the upgrade had to be done.