RV Park SuperGuide

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11 replies to this topic

#1 peteandjo

peteandjo

• Validated Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 07:50 AM

BEWARE! A month or so ago we received an internet invitation to join a new discount camping club, similar to Pass Port America, for a special price of $39 for three years. The name is "RV Park SuperGuide". It sounded legit, and being the trusting souls we are, we took them up on the offer. BIG MISTAKE!! It is a SCAM! We have contacted several campgrounds on our intended path on our way to Gillette, WY, and none have ever heard of this club and will not honor the discount rate. One has even been closed for several years. It appears they copied campground descriptions from some other discount camping system and published them as their own.

#2 Rif

Rif

Major Contributor

• Validated Members
  • 4573 posts
  • SKP#:84860

Posted 15 August 2011 - 08:03 AM

Thanks for posting this. If you paid for it with a credit card you should be able to get your money back. The CC company may also be able to prevent others from making the same mistake. They do have a fancy website which makes me wonder why it is still there if the facts are as you present them.
2000 Volvo 770, 500HP/1650FP Cummins N14 and 10 Speed Autoshift 3.58 Rear 202" WB, 2002 Teton Aspen Royal 43 Foot, Burgman 650 Scooter

#3 Guest_JUGGERNAUT_*

Guest_JUGGERNAUT_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 August 2011 - 09:20 AM

This is what their phone number uncovered.

BBB Business Review
What is a BBB Business Review?
Consumer Complaints

This Business is not BBB Accredited

Ultimate R V Services
Phone: (202) 459-4696

SharePrint
Customer Complaints Summary
14 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 8 closed in last 12 monthsComplaint TypeTotal Closed ComplaintsAdvertising / Sales Issues1Delivery Issues1Guarantee / Warranty Issues1Problems with Product / Service11Billing / Collection Issues0Total Closed Complaints14Definitions | BBB Complaint Process | File a Complaint

Complaint Breakdown by Resolution

#4 MaverickBBD

MaverickBBD

• Validated Members
  • 143 posts
  • SKP#:110004

Posted 16 August 2011 - 05:45 AM

What a scam. Sorry you got taken. Did you purchase it in a park?

#5 Billieg

Billieg

• Validated Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 12:06 PM

I got taken by them too as well as a lot of other good people. Took me 9 months to get 50% back of my $89 fee. It's a total scam.
2007 F-350 dually/diesel & 2007 Sunnybrook 391' 5th wheel & custom built Harley. Pine Island Fl.

#6 Kirk

Kirk

Major Contributor

• Weekend Moderators
  • 20313 posts
  • SKP#:60541

Posted 19 December 2011 - 12:48 PM

They seem to still be around, at least they are on the internet.

Anyone else know anything about them? :mellow:

EDIT: Here is another thread about them..... IRV2

Edited by Kirk, 19 December 2011 - 12:50 PM.

Good travelin !...............Kirk
Author & Escapee's Magazine contributor
Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers again.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure
dolphins.jpg

#7 Kirk

Kirk

Major Contributor

• Weekend Moderators
  • 20313 posts
  • SKP#:60541

Posted 19 December 2011 - 12:59 PM

Here is from their website, in case you are interested. .......................

Start Saving 50% and More
Unlock Your Premium Membership Today.

YES Andrea, I Want To Start Saving 50% or More At RV Parks And I Want Your Sponsors & Advertisers To Pay My Entrance Fee For The RV Park SuperGuide Premium Membership.

I understand the $199 Initiation Fee Is Waived And All I Need To Do Is Register For The Gold or Silver Option Below To Access All The Benefits & Services.

UPDATE: Enroll Now & Receive
Additional Years Free!

$199 Buy In Waived!

Posted Image

• $10 & 1/2 Price Camping!

• No Reservation Fees!

• No Restrictions!

• No Hassles!

• No Gimmicks!

• Same Price On Renewal Guaranteed!

• Starts When You're Ready To Use It!

• Save Now/Start Later

• 30 Day Money Back Guarantee!

Option 1Posted Image
Use Your Sponsor Paid Discount And Get 2 Years
For Just $67!

Posted Image

Option 2
Posted Image

Use Your Sponsor Paid
Discount
And Get 4 Years
For Just $97

<a href="http://www.1shopping...ceb466d3f1aaf">Posted Image

Free Bonus:
$25 Camping World Gift Card

Posted Image

Good travelin !...............Kirk
Author & Escapee's Magazine contributor
Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers again.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure
dolphins.jpg

#8 tammy

tammy

• All Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 01:35 AM

BEWARE! A month or so ago we received an internet invitation to join a new discount camping club, similar to Pass Port America, for a special price of $39 for three years. The name is "RV Park SuperGuide". It sounded legit, and being the trusting souls we are, we took them up on the offer. BIG MISTAKE!! It is a SCAM! We have contacted several campgrounds on our intended path on our way to Gillette, WY, and none have ever heard of this club and will not honor the discount rate. One has even been closed for several years. It appears they copied campground descriptions from some other discount camping system and published them as their own.

I"m so glad i saw this i was going to join i"m very new at this i sold my home and bought a new 34ft rv so i could become a fulltime rver now im looking for info to help me out what should i do about joining a club is it a waste of money are all a scam

#9 DonF

DonF

Major Contributor

• Validated Members
  • 1115 posts
  • SKP#:103279

Posted 27 January 2012 - 04:40 AM

Just go with Passport America -- avoid the upstarts & unknowns; we've had P.A. since 2001, just renewed last spring for 3 1/2 more years (at a discounted $75 thru end of 2014). We also use Golden Age/Senior Pass (for Federal campgrounds like COE, Nat'l Parks & Forest Service sites), Elks (for community service and RV parking at home & away from home lodge), etc. Be sure to get a good ERS for your RV, as well (like Coach-Net); we got ours thru the RV insurance carrier.

-Don
Don & Fannie

2005 Volvo 670, 12sp FreedomLine, "Black Dude", 3.36 axle, Szmyt Wonder-Smart loader,
ET hitch, Jackalopee (original-prototype), BLUE-DOT air-over-hydraulic brake system,
2007 New Horizons F35RLSSS-C (Mor/Ryde-IS, Kodiak disc brakes, 17.5 H tires),
2005 smart fortwo passion

#10 David & Lorna Schinske

David & Lorna Schinske

Major Contributor

• Validated Members
  • 2590 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 11:03 AM

The "problem" with the PA and other camping clubs is that the discounts are only for one or two nights. For monthly stays, the discount did not apply. How it was explained to us (by the only two campgrounds campgrounds that took PA that we have stayed at) was that they would book us in at the regular nightly rate, take the discount off of that and then the next night re-register and charge us for the monthly rates. But the per night monthly rate was cheaper in one place than the PA discount.. the other place worked out to the same price. If we are staying nightly, we hunt down a cheap city/county park to stay in when we don't wallydock. For us, the investment in Don Wright's campground books (I have both) have saved us more than the PA would have because we would have used to so rarely. That is based on how and where we park/camp at. I have bought both books an a book store discount card (Books-a-Million and Barnes & Noble). They only come out every few years so it's not like I pay for them every year. We have been using Wrights books for over 10 years. Now I combine them with some internet sites like The Ultimate US Public Campgrounds Project and US Campgrounds Info as well as my old standby US National Forest Campground Guide. Before you join any camping discount club, you need to look to see if it is in areas where you would be staying and if you will only be staying in those areas short term. Escapees Members get a discount but you usually can't "stack" discounts. So only one discount per stay. I would suggest you get Escapees membership and then see how you travel around while fulltiming. As for the time share type clubs... My opinion of time-shares is very, very, very, very low.

#11 Gary and Debbie

Gary and Debbie

• All Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 02:08 PM

OH MY GOODNESS!! I came so close to signing up for the SuperGuide. Before I clicked to purchase, I thought I would go online to see if there were any negative comments about the program. That's when I came across this website. Thanks for the sharing. I have just joined Escapees and I can hardly wait to dig into other topics of interest.

#12 sandsys

sandsys

Major Contributor

• Validated Members
  • 5806 posts
  • SKP#:99753

Posted 01 June 2012 - 02:43 PM

Gary and Debbie,

Welcome to our wonderful world. There's lots to learn here. Be sure to jump right in and share any knowledge you have as well.

Linda Sand
2012 Sprinter Sportsmobile
Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/