Date for 2012

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12 replies to this topic

#1 bluestar

bluestar

• Validated Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 05:42 PM

Does anyone know the location and date for the 2012 escapade?

#2 Bob & Molly

Bob & Molly

Major Contributor

• Validated Members
  • 684 posts
  • SKP#:#73997

Posted 27 July 2011 - 06:15 PM

Does anyone know the location and date for the 2012 escapade?

The 2012 Escapade will be in Sedalia,MO September 16th-21st.
We hope to see you there.

Bob and Molly

Bob and Molly

www.moonriverandwe.blogspot.com
Two drifters...off to see the world....
SKP #73997

#3 FLAKPA

FLAKPA

• Validated Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 05:44 PM

Bob and Molly

Will there be a newbie BootCamp offered at the 2012 Escapade in Sedalia? If not where might it be held in 2012 and.... when might registration open for the 2012 bootcamp?

Thank You for any information.
Robert & Kerri
Class of 2012
2011 F350 King Cab Dually
2013 Montana 3582RL (July delivery)

#4 Bob & Molly

Bob & Molly

Major Contributor

• Validated Members
  • 684 posts
  • SKP#:#73997

Posted 20 November 2011 - 06:09 PM

Will there be a newbie BootCamp offered at the 2012 Escapade in Sedalia? If not where might it be held in 2012 and.... when might registration open for the 2012 bootcamp?

Thank You for any information.

Yes, Bootcamp will be offered at Escapade in Sedalia. Check the Escapade website after the first of the year for details.

Hugs,

Bob and Molly

Bob and Molly

www.moonriverandwe.blogspot.com
Two drifters...off to see the world....
SKP #73997

#5 Yondog

Yondog

• Validated Members
  • 7 posts
  • SKP#:109427

Posted 14 December 2011 - 04:50 PM

Bob and Molly

I'm new to Escapees and still working. How many folks show up for these rallies? I can only pick one to attend due to limited vacation tim...Thanks
Yonnie & Tina
2011 Tiffin Open Road 35 QBA
Commonwealth of Virginia

#6 Kirk

Kirk

Major Contributor

• Weekend Moderators
  • 20266 posts
  • SKP#:60541

Posted 29 December 2011 - 05:56 PM

Yondog,

First of all, here is a warm welcome to the Escapee's RV Club and to the forums! It is great to have you join us. A typical Escapade draws about 800 RVs and more than 2000 people. It is a tremendous experience, particularly for the new member. The best part to us is the gatherings in the campground that are unplanned, but the entire thing is worthwhile. If you follow this link you can read about the last one and new information will be out for the next one just after the first of the year.
From Escapees report in this forum:

Here are the final statistics from the 51st Escapade in Gillette, Wyoming 2011

Official registration: 679 rigs.

• We had a total of 1286 attendees. WOW!

Total Door Prize Value was $11,600 with thanks to Scott and Karen Bonis and Joe Tenpenny for this wonderful program!

The Care Booth Quilt Raffle winner is…. Lynette McHenery SKP# 102227
The winner of the “Carved Lyon” silent auction is Brenda Neal SKP# 26978

956 Baby caps were created and given to Campbell County Memorial Maternal-child unit!! And Cathie Carr and Molly are very proud of the ones they received, too!!

• $2108.96 was donated to Donuts for CARE, with Alliant Credit Union contributing a $500.00 donut in memory of Bud’s mom, Katherine Carr. SOLO’s collected $708.25 for CARE at Ham-O-Rama last night! Total contributions of $ 2817.21 to CARE at Escapade!!

Sew Much Comfort donations at Escapade totaled:
94 items of new clothing and $160.00. More than 20 volunteers created 30 completed adaptive clothing and hospital comfort items. These items will be sent to recovering service members across the USA.

The grand prize from Adventure Caravans:

The winner of the 11 day “New Orleans Cajun Paradise” trip, was Dick White # 105183 from Sanbornville, NH.

Edited by Kirk, 29 December 2011 - 06:12 PM.

Good travelin !...............Kirk
Author & Escapee's Magazine contributor
Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers again.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure
dolphins.jpg

#7 Kirk

Kirk

Major Contributor

• Weekend Moderators
  • 20266 posts
  • SKP#:60541

Posted 30 December 2011 - 08:04 AM

I received a private note asking about camping in Sedalia, Mo and so will post information about camping there for those who do not know about it.

There are more than enough campsites on the fairgrounds for all of the Escapees with an inner campground (http://www.mostatefa...-Campground.pdf ) for Escapade staff and early arrivals and another campground in main parking area(http://www.mostatefa...-Campground.pdf ) just across the road from the events buildings. This is a very large facility and it has more than 1500 full hook-up campsites and probably at least another 500 or so without hook-ups. Camping is normally arranged as part of your registration. In addition, the fair also has a smaller RV park that is just down the road from the area used by Escapees which has camping and is open to the public where those who wish to arrive several days early may stay prior to opening of the Escapade.

Good travelin !...............Kirk
Author & Escapee's Magazine contributor
Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers again.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure
dolphins.jpg

#8 Texas Clarks

Texas Clarks

• Validated Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 10:12 AM

As one who is a few years away from actually being able to be an Escapee would it be appropriate for someone wanting to look at what life is like as an Escapee?

Being here in Kansas I thought it might be an opportunity to see what life would be like as an Escapee even if it is just attending for a few days. What all does the "Boot Camp" consist of.

Thank you,

Steven & Stacie
Fort Leavenworth, KS
Steven & Stacie, plus 2 (DD@ 9 & DS@ 5)
Beau & Sam (Dog & Cat)
2004 Suburban 2500 LT, 8.1L, 3.73
2009 Rockwood 8313SS
Equal-i-zer 10K
Prodigy Brake Controller

US Army - Logistician (Quartermaster) for 20+ years

Texas -- not just a State, but a State of mind!

#9 GrayEagle

GrayEagle

Major Contributor

• Banned Users
  • 624 posts
  • SKP#:97203

Posted 02 January 2012 - 10:23 AM

As one who is a few years away from actually being able to be an Escapee would it be appropriate for someone wanting to look at what life is like as an Escapee?

Being here in Kansas I thought it might be an opportunity to see what life would be like as an Escapee even if it is just attending for a few days. What all does the "Boot Camp" consist of.

Thank you,

Steven & Stacie
Fort Leavenworth, KS

I would say 'boot camp' is useful for anyone interested in RVing even if not full time! The safety education on fire and weight and loading issues is good information for any RVr. For full timers there is other valuable educational information and anyone anticipating going full time in the near future might avoid a few pitfalls from attending the 'boot camp'. Also might be useful in finalizing any rig decision choices.
Jim & Sylvia
Full Time in a Nuwa 2011 38LKTG

#10 sandsys

sandsys

Major Contributor

• Validated Members
  • 5791 posts
  • SKP#:99753

Posted 02 January 2012 - 02:51 PM

Absolutely! We attended an RV event with seminars before going full-time. We didn't even have a rig so stayed in a motel and drove over every day. It's amazing what you can learn about what you didn't even know you needed to know, if you know what I mean. :)

Linda Sand
2012 Sprinter Sportsmobile
Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

#11 VetRVer

VetRVer

Major Contributor

• Validated Members
  • 2180 posts
  • SKP#:109829

Posted 05 January 2012 - 11:44 PM

Thank you,

Steven & Stacie
Fort Leavenworth, KS

I attended the HDT Rally in 08 even though I had no HDT or RV. I was welcomed warmly by all and learned a whole lot not just about HDTs but 5vers as well. I can't see this being any different. I haven't met any RVers that are not friendly.

Brian
USAF Ret

"A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'" (Author unknown)

Vets with PTSD and Other VA Issues

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."
~ Thomas Jefferson..

#12 Lyn and Ray

Lyn and Ray

• Validated Members
  • 42 posts
  • SKP#:96356

Posted 07 January 2012 - 11:25 AM

Steve & Stacie!

Welcome to Escapees -- you'll find that this wonderful RV organization is sooooo valuable BEFORE and AFTER you start RVing, whether parttime or full-time. We attended a great Escapade "Boot Camp" in Stockton, CA, about a year before we even got our 5er. Made the drive from Phoenix to be there, and it was well worth the investment of time and money. Gave us more peace of mind and confidence in making decisions about our rig and all the support info around the idea of RVing.

We would highly recommend that you attend "Boot Camp" (s) and especially one close to the time when you're going to be making major decisions about your rig. That way, you'll get the 'latest and greatest' information---and will be less likely to forget it. Boot Camps also fuel the 'excitement factor' so they will help you stay focused on your dream---and you might even decide to join us on the road even sooner! :)

Happy exploring,
Lyn & Ray
Ray & Lyn Madaghiele
Lovin' full-timing, with businesses on the road
2007 New Horizons 5th wheel pulled by Chevy 3500 dually
www.theTLCenter.com
"Be the change you wish to see" -- Gandhi

#13 States02

States02

• Validated Members
  • 300 posts
  • SKP#:105167

Posted 11 April 2012 - 02:05 PM

Janie and I are really looking forward to the 2012 Escapade. We'll be on staff this year and we're looking forward to some great times with new and old friends, as well as some fun jam sessions. You see Janie and I are full time RVers and wandering minstrels. Since we seem to be so happy all the time and we try to get along with everyone, we've been introduced as Wandering Minstrels of Peace. In fact I just wrote a song about that. Anyway, we're looking forward to our second escapade, Lord willing and creeks don't rise. We're also going to take some time after the Escapade to ride our bicycles on the Katy Trail which will take us from Sedalia to somewhere east hopefully some five days later. Welcome to the new folks considering the Escapade, I don't think you'll be disappointed.
Janie and Martin "The States"
SKP#105167
Class of 2010
2013 Winnebago Vista 30T
2000 Nissan Altima toad
2004 Jayco Granite Ridge *sold*
1984 Toyota Dolphin **Sold**
2010 Martin DC16RGTE (guitar)
Taylor 410CE (guitar)

"We may never see the changes we wish for in the world, but we get to hang around with the best people." Pete Seeger.

"I began my pilgrimage on the first of January in 1953. It is my spiritual birthday of sorts. It was a period in which I was merged with the whole. No longer was I a seed buried under the ground, but I felt as a flower reaching out effortlessly toward the sun."

Peace Pilgrim: Her Life and Works in Her Own Words - Pg. 27
http://www.peacepilgrim.com/