• This topic is locked This topic is locked
135 replies to this topic

#1 kismet28

kismet28

• Validated Members
  • 44 posts
  • SKP#:093160

Posted 28 January 2011 - 08:23 PM

(didn't mean to start a new topic..but admin never got back to me on how to delete)

Hi Kids!
Just wondering how it's going for all the new fulltimers ....and where your travels have taken you and where you are now? We met some of you at the Escapade but would love to hear from those of you who weren't able to make it but are a part of the class of 2010. We have been checking out some of the Texas SkP parks...Livingston, Hondo, and Pecos. We had a great time in all the parks...just wish it been alittle warmer. Everyone back home thinks we are in the Sun and Fun belt...NOT...well, compared to them back North, maybe...
Anyone make it to Q? We were hoping to but definately try again next year....(tell us about it!) We just arrived in the Rio Grande Valley, Mission and will stay about a month. One of the smaller parks but certainly not any less to do here. It's like everything is interconnected as all the parks have shows, jams, potlucks, workshops, classes, trails, activities that all can attend. We cannot believe the Winter Mecca that this place is. We will work our way east toward Harlingen and the coast for another month before working our way back to NY for the summer. How about y'all...how is your new lifestyle treating you and where are you? Keep in touch.

Edited by kismet28, 05 February 2011 - 10:51 AM.

#2 Kassons Wild Ride

Kassons Wild Ride

• Validated Members
  • 8 posts
  • SKP#:107387

Posted 30 January 2011 - 11:56 AM

It is our 6 month Nomadaversary today! How time flies when you're having fun....it has been an interesting journey. We haven't traveled too far from our last home in South Lake Tahoe, mostly because Bill is still working & we have to be able to get back to Tahoe for meetings. We spent some time in Nevada and southern CA and a month boondocking in Quartzsite. We are now in Mesa at Valle del Oro for two months, lucky enough to be here with our new friends and 2009 classmates Eric, Karla, Sharon & Sherrie. Unfortunately we have not had the chance to connect with any of you 2010'ers, but hope to do so in the future.
Our Blog
Debby & Bill
on the adventure of our lives

2008 35' Southwind
2010 Subaru Forester toad

#3 WheelingIt

WheelingIt

• Validated Members
  • 219 posts
  • SKP#:106238

Posted 30 January 2011 - 12:04 PM

We just started our 2nd year last week!

We jumped off from San Diego in early 2010 and drove coast-to-coast ending up in S.FL for the winter. Last week, after itching to get going again we raised our jacks and are starting a slow, steady NE-E drive along the coast to Texas. We'll hang around there for a while until the mountains warm up and then head back into CO. Next year we'll probably winter in the West.
12 paws, 40 feet and the open road
http://wheelingit.wordpress.com/
Investing for a living
http://investingfora....wordpress.com/

#4 Rick & Karen

Rick & Karen

• Validated Members
  • 419 posts
  • SKP#:98156

Posted 04 February 2011 - 12:27 PM

We have been full timing since just before Christmas and have been having so much fun. We first off headed to Rainbow's End. We took care of all the legal things to become Texans again and then the Aussies arrived in town! You do remember them from Goshen...how could you forget. Anyway we had a ball spending time with them here in Livingston and in Louisiana. We also met some new 2010'ers, Pete and Judy Elam from Minnesota. They parked next to us at Rainbow's End. So the 6 of us, the Bennett's, the Gray's and the Elam's became partners in fun and frolics. Dinner out and social hour became the best part of our day. We went boating on Lake Livingston and had a winter picnic there. Thanks goodness it warmed up to about 65 degrees! Then we all moved on to Louisiana and spent a week in the Abbeville area at Betty's RV park and seeing everything we could see and eating all the Cajun food we could find! We had a grand time in that area and all want to return someday soon. Next we moved the party to New Orleans for a week and the good times kept on rolling.

Now we have returned to Rainbow's End, the Grays and Elam's are in Mississippi having fun and we are bored to death. It has turned soooo cold here, it has been below freezing for several days. So cold that the park has turned off the water except for a brief time during the day if it is above freezing. Early this morning we had some freezing drizzle but not the 1-3 inches of snow that was predicted, thank goodness.

On the 10th we are flying to Seattle out of Houston. We will be visiting Rick's mother, who is not well, and our daughter, Michele. We will be gone for a week. When we return we will be resuming our nomadic life style and moving on to the Rio Grande Valley and then to Phoenix in mid-March to see our son and grand daughter.

Our long term plans are to head for Alaska late May or so.

Karen
2006 Arctic Fox 32.5 Silver Edition fiver
2001 Dodge 1 ton Dually with Mods
2005 Ranger Bass Boat;
Blog site is www.mytripjournal.com/ontheroadwithrickandkaren

#5 kismet28

kismet28

• Validated Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 10:59 AM

It is our 6 month Nomadaversary today!

Happy
Nomadaversary!!

January 9th we were one year....and loving every minute of it. Glad to see you tied up with friends..what was it like in quartzite??

#6 kismet28

kismet28

• Validated Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 11:04 AM

[quote name='WheelingIt' date='Jan 30 2011, 01:04 PM' post='430560']
We just started our 2nd year last week!

are starting a slow, steady NE-E drive along the coast to Texas.

Happy Anniversay! About the same as ours! If you are coming across the panhandle of Florida, there is a great little park in Carrabelle you might like to check out....when we stayed there last winter, our bumper hung out over the ocean and at high tide the water was right under our trailer....beautiful sunsets...cute tiny towns and great seafood!!

#7 kismet28

kismet28

• Validated Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 11:14 AM

When we return we will be resuming our nomadic life style and moving on to the Rio Grande Valley

Hi Karen and Rick!
We visited with the Aussies too in San Antonio, great fun, never a dull moment! Just such a shame that Norm lost his wedding ring!
We'll be in the Valley here in Mission til the 23, and then over in Harlingen/Coast area for another month...hopefully we can connect!Seems to me there was a recipe I wanted to get from you ;)
Remember the Okies,Bill and Becky from Escapade? They are in Livingston right nowand thru the weekend and freezing their patooties off...don't know the site number but if you see them be sure to say hi! (they don't have a computer)..bundle up...it ain't over yet!

#8 Claudia & Wayne

Claudia & Wayne

• Validated Members
  • 389 posts
  • SKP#:98714

Posted 05 February 2011 - 11:23 AM

We're fleeing Houston next week and will be roaming around Temple then to Louisiana then north once it looks like the snow clears out. Later in May we head over to Indiana then still looking at options (#51 Escapade or into Michigan). So many irons in the fire we may not make the Alaska trek in 2012. We still want to do the Q too....and the Keys! ;)

C&W

Claudia & Wayne
Lifetime 98714

45' of Newmar dragging around a Crown Vic

#9 FD5

FD5

• Validated Members
  • 122 posts
  • SKP#:101417

Posted 05 February 2011 - 06:05 PM

We will be Beaumont, Texas bound from Jackson, Mississippi Feb 14. From there North to Indiana, East to the coast, down to the DRV Rally in Sevierville, TN. From there West to the #51 Escapade.

Stay Safe

John & Bridget
2012 Ford F550 Super Cab
2011 DRV Mobile Suites 36TKSB3
2002 Suzuki Vitara
Class of 2010 "The Dreamcatchers"
www.travelsofjohnandbridget.blogspot.com

Mississippi Independent Amsoil Dealer

#10 J&V

J&V

Major Contributor

• Validated Members
  • 850 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 08:00 PM

I've been swimming, that's where I've been. ;) Retama Village in Mission has a great swimming pool with a hot tub next to it. The weather has improved so back to enjoying south Texas :P
J&V with Edina, the wonder dobie and
Net Proceeds our 2005 Volvo VNL630 256" WB. Focus SVT on the back, in the garage. ET Hitch controlling the articulation. Jackalopee controlling the 'juice'. 2002 Teton 39' Grand Sundance
All still a work in progress.
Photos and comments at http://gallery.ournetproceeds.com

#11 Wandering Winger

Wandering Winger

• Validated Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 10:26 PM

We have been out for about six months also. Currently just outside San Antonio and will be in Columbus Tx at the Colorado River TT Starting Feb 7th. Ending up in Pensecola in March. Then Indiana and the RV-Dreams Rally in TN in April. Fulltiming is a blast!
Dave and Maxine
Fulltiming Class Of 2010
http://wanderingwingers.blogspot.com/

#12 Kirk Reina

Kirk Reina

• Validated Members
  • 55 posts
  • SKP#:104632

Posted 06 February 2011 - 08:00 AM

We spent from October to The end of January in Ormond Beach Florida but it was chilly so moved down to Fort Myers. Semilnole Campground has just been remodeled and very nice. Warmest place in the nation the last several days, mid-80's this week.
We have been full-time since March of 10 and lovin' every minute of it.
Hope to meet up with some of you again
Kirk and Reina
Lilly and Chuy (the dogs)
2010 Tiffin Phaeton
2011 Chevy Silverado 4X4 Toad

#13 DaveM

DaveM

Major Contributor

• Validated Members
  • 842 posts
  • SKP#:109123

Posted 06 February 2011 - 08:01 AM

We are in Gulf Shores Al. State Park. Got here last Oct. for a couple day stay. Well that couple days has lasted now 3 mos. What a beautiful park it is. Fishing off the Gulf State Park pier, golfing, lots of restaurants, and good people. Actually will be here now till April 1, then start heading slowly north towards MI for the summer. So far the fulltiming is good, but the traveling we figured on hasn't really happened, but it will. Some circumstances back home have kept us from not getting to far away. But its still good and travel will be coming. The lifestyle is great!!!!

Good Luck to All!!!
Dave & Linda
2011 Bighorn 3670
2000 Ford 7.3 PS diesel white and tan in color Now Fulltiming since May15, 2010

Semper Fi Marines!!

#14 GypsyBill & Jennifer

GypsyBill & Jennifer

• Validated Members
  • 142 posts
  • SKP#:98005

Posted 08 February 2011 - 10:34 AM

We are at our home-base just outside of Medina, TX, in the hill country.. been here since Sep working on getting things established.. good Lord willing and the creeks don't rise (along with fuel prices) we will get back on the road in Apr for a few months.. heading east again to see family and go to the Suite Owners group rally in TN...

Bill and Jennifer
'13 Ford F150 EcoBoost (we no longer pull the DRV)

'13 Victory Cross Country (2 Wheels)
'10 Can Am Spyder (3 Wheels)
'10 XLR 25MKV (toy hauler)
'10 DRV MS 36RSSB3 (Home)

#15 kismet28

kismet28

• Validated Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 02:36 PM

I've been swimming, that's where I've been. :lol: Retama Village in Mission has a great swimming pool with a hot tub next to it. The weather has improved so back to enjoying south Texas :D

We took a walk today all thru Bentsen Palm Village and Retama just to check it out. May go back again for the Discover Retama offer as we investigate our various retirement options...How do you like it there? Do you own or rent..how is the community?
......we didn't see anybody in the pool today, but we certainly remembered seeing your rig!! That's a doozie!!

#16 rvbadger

rvbadger

• Validated Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 08:40 AM

I've been swimming, that's where I've been. :) Retama Village in Mission has a great swimming pool with a hot tub next to it. The weather has improved so back to enjoying south Texas :P

I hate you.
Dallas Freezin

#17 DoreenMark

DoreenMark

• Validated Members
  • 5 posts
  • SKP#:105899

Posted 11 February 2011 - 03:21 PM

We got started in late August of 2010 when we arrived in Livingston. After getting our mailing address, licences, car registration, ect. we drove to Houston and purchased our new home, a 2001 American Eagle, 40' diesel pusher. We spent the first 2 weeks at Rainbow Park in Livingston getting used to our rig and settling in. Because it wasn't a new rig, we then went to Dallas to have the engine overhauled by Cummins. That provided us with 2 weeks of getting to know Dallas and seeing the State Fair.
Our first big trip was up to Amarillo, then Oklahoma, Colorado, Wyoming, Utah, and Idaho on our way to Oregon, so our family could see our new home and feel comfortable with us in it. Spent some time with family in Salem, OR then over to the coast for some time with one of our son's and his family. We then traveled down the Oregon Coast and California Coast through the Redwoods. We then traveled the San Joaquin Valley visiting other friends and family. As we wound our way down to San Diego, We took a side trip to Las Vegas where we froze. That was the coldest Vegas trip we have taken. After Christmas, we headed to Laughlin, NV then down to Quartzsite for our first big drycamping experience. Wow! I knew it was big, but never imagined. We will do it again in a year or two.

We are now back in Livingston, but will be headed to Canyon Lake, TX in a few weeks to plan our next big loop to the east coast.
We do plan on attending the Escapade this year in Wyoming at the end of our loop before headed back to Livingston.
I never thought I would be so comfortable in our motorhome, but I think my comments at Christmas when I called my son on Skype to wish them a Merry Christmas, he asked where I was, and my answer was I am at home. He said, I know that, but where are you??
Hope to see you all at the Escapade.

Doreen and Mark
Doreen & Mark Matthew
Class of 2010
2001 American Eagle
Towing Jeep Liberty

#18 itgeekgal

itgeekgal

• Validated Members
  • 86 posts
  • SKP#:99815

Posted 16 February 2011 - 09:34 PM

We are here & having the times of our lives!!!

We took off from Oregon in October and are currently sitting infield at the Daytona 500 in Florida. After the race we head north along the east coast stopping in Perry GA (FMCA), Myrtle Beach, Hilton Head, Washington DC, Williamsburg, Richmond, Pidgeon Point, Charlotte, Niagra Falls. That will take us til June... we're still open after that.

Hope the rest of you are having the wonderful experience that we are... at least once a day we get a guilt flash, fortunately they pass quickly & we go back to having fun.
Steve & Karen
09 Tiffin Phaeton 42QRH
08 Ford F150 4x4
10 Polaris RZR
Class of 2010

#19 Claudia & Wayne

Claudia & Wayne

• Validated Members
  • 389 posts
  • SKP#:98714

Posted 27 February 2011 - 08:13 AM

We're in a cajun state of mind. Did a swamp tour yesterday (saw four gators - 1 10-footer, 1 12-footer, and two smaller ones, as well as nutrias and snakes) and doing a Mardi Gras parade today. Then over to Florida and heading north later.

We got closeups of the two larger gators and the boat captain really was good. :huh:

Claudia & Wayne

Claudia & Wayne
Lifetime 98714

45' of Newmar dragging around a Crown Vic

#20 Lovin-our-Life

Lovin-our-Life

• Validated Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 08:21 AM

The adventure started in Apr 10 for us, we spent the first 6 mo in the Alamogordo, NM/El Paso , Tx area. Travelled to the FL Gulf Coast for Jan and most of Feb. Currently in the TX hill Country headed toward El Paso to handle some Medical issues. After a couple of months in El Paso, hope to stay in the South West for a bit then Dallas to become Grandparents in Nov.

Kevin & Sheryl

2000 Pace Arrow Vision
2006 Jeep Liberty

Our Blog: Lovin-our-Life