What did you do to your bus today?

Liberty

being the frugal person I have been looking or "used" matteresses.

Only becuase I came into a sum of money did I let myself loose and buy "NEW".

I am still Frugal about fuel used, so use pile of blankets. I was blessed with being a furnace, from what other have said. ;)

Fulltiming since 1989.

No TLC's--

Accessing the internet with Wifi Evdo enabled mobile card from Verizon

Wifi SSID r0adwarrior on the road for Access to Internet, ask for Key.

Wifi SSID r0adwarrior for Access to Webpages in Bus.

http://roadwarrior.free-man.com/

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

suggest you paint a sample and let it dry to see if comes out the way you thought

Fulltiming since 1989.

No TLC's--

• 3 weeks later...

we have had an extened summer but the temps are now dropping at night.

So I have to adjust the choke settings, manually, till I finish the servo routine that controls the choke. :(

I lost the controller that did this in the 2006 fire, and have not had the motivation to work on it till this year when I got on the road. :P I am using a new controller( STM32F4) so the code is different.

the actual servo is from RC stuff.

This is on a 1974 Merc 460

Fulltiming since 1989.

No TLC's--

Forgot to check back in on the paint job. First we used a 2 in 1 paint so it has great coverage. ANd the color is always right as I did not do the selecting. My job is installation

LeRoy & Anne

Silver Eagle conversion

PT Cruiser Conv.

OK & KS now SD well sometimes

The journey is the trip not the destination.

http://2010liberty.wordpress.com/

Well, I finally forced myself to finish winterizing the bus today (sigh), I was hoping that our business would have been sold by now and I could concentrate on working on the bus and get it a little more livable.

This is the first year that we've had the AquaHot installed, so the winterizing procedure was a bit more involved than in the past.

We also tore down the Power Tech generator and removed the rotor. It has a dynamic short in it and you can't buy "just" the rotor (or stator). I did find a shop that will rewind it, so it is now packaged up, waiting for Fed-Ex to pick it up in the AM.

It should be back in a couple of weeks, the weather should still be good enough to re-install the generator once it is reassembled.

Butch

Butch & Fonda Williams, MCI MC9

We installed a front windshield curtain and track. Becky found some full length night curtains at Wally World and cut them down. Bought the aluminum track, brackets and rollers from a marine dealer in Newport, OR. I will say it is much better than before. Now during the day we can roll them back and not feel like we are in a cave. :rolleyes:

Finally got rid of the aluminum foil look! B)

Becky and Paul Lawry

1968 Silver Eagle Model 01

VIN # 7443

8v71 Allison HT 740

2011 Buick Enclave

Full Timing

Our Travel Blog

Paul we use a drapery hold back loop tocontain the curtains when open. We found we had to put a rubber band on them to to keep them out of the from side windows if they are even cracked open moving down the road.

LeRoy & Anne

Silver Eagle conversion

PT Cruiser Conv.

Paul we use a drapery hold back loop tocontain the curtains when open. We found we had to put a rubber band on them to to keep them out of the from side windows if they are even cracked open moving down the road.

My DW thought of that and it's done! Although we don't have a slider on the entrance and we still have the original ticket window, it shouldn't be a problem. :)

Becky and Paul Lawry

1968 Silver Eagle Model 01

VIN # 7443

8v71 Allison HT 740

2011 Buick Enclave

Full Timing

Our Travel Blog

Hello all,

I replaced the stove pipe for the wood stove on the inside of the bus. I went from 4" double wall to 3" single wall.

It lasted about 5 years before it plugged up with creosote. We're roasty toasty now.

I was getting tired of listening to the forced air heater.

Only a week or so before it's time to leave for Mexico. It's getting cold up here in the north country.

Jerry and Patty

http://crowncoach.clanteam.com

1975 Crown SuperCoach

Solar Electric

WVO Powered 6-71N

Put the fan hub back together with the new shaft and new hub let me also mention the new 1/2 moon key. Then installed same hub, belts, radiator, Trans oil cooler, and pumped the coolant back into the tank/radiator. Rolled off down the road West on I-40 turnd North on I-540 to Rogers, AR. Visited with some old friends and now are Wally Docking at store #1. In the AM we will drop back to 412 and head over to near Tulsa to visit our 1st GD, then North and West to near Sedgwick KS. This was the 4th time to R&R the radiator. Getting good at that and hope never to repeat said task.

LeRoy & Anne

Silver Eagle conversion

PT Cruiser Conv.

I didn't do much but Marilyn laid ceramic tiles down the hallway and around both sides of the bed. I cut a few of the tiles to help her get done in time to return the saw tonight. It looks really good. We ripped the carpet out of there close to a year ago and painted the floor to hold it while we decided what we wanted to do next.

• 2 weeks later...

Since we are sitting the Wichita, Ks area till Christmas time this year we thought an upgrade to our heating system might be in order. We found a small oak electric fireplace with a temperature setting thermostat and a blower. IT matches the wood work in Liberty very nice and the flame action is nice addition.

LeRoy & Anne

Silver Eagle conversion

PT Cruiser Conv.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, not exactly today but Friday I drove up to Quadra/Bigfoot in MI and paid for the Bigfoot system. I am scheduled to take our Bus up there either Dec. 11 or 12 for the install. They plan on having it 2 weeks, but that could change due to the Holidays.

Today, we'll start emptying the basement and refrigerator/freezer because it will be unplugged longer than the battery bank could hold up and there isn't much solar potential inside their shop.

Butch

This has been a service stop on The Landing (our acre of land N. of Wichita). I have greased the front and rear suspension, Changes the oil, filter, and fuel filters on the 8V71, Changed the oil and filter in the Generator. While doing that the line.generator switch has decieded to not be a switch but an open device in the electrical system. I found one on Amazon and it is expected here in a week or so. Then I put windows in the side wall of the building at the same height as the bus windows.

Had 2 of the GK here this afternoon and the GS mowed the fescue grass for the last mowing of 'summer'. When we had a sticks and bricks I would always mow in the early spring and late fall in a coat. This year it was a record high temp setting day.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving and get your shopping done early.....online.

LeRoy

LeRoy & Anne

Silver Eagle conversion

PT Cruiser Conv.

Installed the new Parallax Power Supply. our old line/generator switch failed a couple of weeks ago. Ordered one from Amazon and was very pleased to have everything work when I got it finished.

LeRoy & Anne

Silver Eagle conversion

PT Cruiser Conv.

• 3 weeks later...

We took our Bus to Quadra/Bigfoot to have the hydraulic leveling system installed.

Our parking lot now seems very large and lonely. This is the first time since I brought it home in 2003 that it has been gone and I have not been with it.

Not that I was going to do any work on it or use it, but I think that I am experiencing separation anxiety and having withdrawal symptoms.

Butch

Getting it ready for use as on-site living quarters when my job moves temporarily. Need to fill the LP tanks...forgot to do that after the last run and they're almost empty!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

John (and occasionally my wife Liz)

Former rigs: 1976 Holiday TT, 1984 Ford B-700 school bus

Current rig: 1993 International Genesis FE school bus conversion.

Guest David & Lorna Schinske

Got the water heater, plumbing & pump system in yesterday. That float thingy in the fresh tank is working great. The two water filters we use knock the water flow down to a dribble. So the float will allow the filtered water to fill the fresh tank until it registers as "full" and the will shut off the water. No over filling! And the little Shurflo 2088 gives us water pressure like we have never experienced in a campground. Unfortunately, we could not fit the 20 gallon water heater I wanted under the sink. It was 1" too tall even sitting on the floor. Got in the way of my galley sink drains and I wasn't giving up the Kohler cast iron sink. So we ended up with a 10 gallon water heater. This coming weekend, we will install the galley countertop (sink side only) and faux pressed tin backsplash. Then we start on the other side of the galley (which will go much quicker). Best thing.... NO MORE TAKING SHOWERS IN THE COLD BATHHOUSE!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Brought it back home form Quadra after having the BigFoot leveling system installed.

There was an issue, a miscommunication on my part about the wiring that I preferred. They made the change while we waited (well actually while we went and grabbed a bite to eat).

I've only played with it a couple of minutes and used it to level when we got home, but so far it is NEAT to be able to push the button and have the coach level out.

As another benefit, you no longer have the "flex & give" of the tires giving any motion and although I've not tried it, the system has enough travel ti lift the tires clear of the ground. Not recommended on a routine basis but for tire change out or maintenance will be handy.

Also, on the way home, we lost the cover off of the front Heat Pump. I knew that it was starting to show some cracks, time to order two new ones.

Butch & Fonda

Archived