Now Hiring GasLine Survey Will Train

• Please log in to reply
319 replies to this topic

#1 Bob Arnold

Bob Arnold

• Validated Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 13 May 2006 - 07:38 AM

The company I currently work for Southern Cross(SCC)and have for the last 5yrs, is hiring full or partime men or women. You can also hire on as a team. I'm currently in Austin, Tx for the next 2 months and then will move on to Mineral Wells and Weatherford, Tx and will be there until last of August. Then I'll quit for the season and travel.

The reason I like SCC is that I only work the months that I need. They only request,That I let them know in advance of assignments of how long I would like to work. I have worked for them 4 to six months each season.

The pay is hourly and I get 220 aweek for Travel. Plus payment for the use of my car. Since I live in Texas, I only pay taxes on my hourly pay. I work only 40 hours a week, but can and have worked overtime. All jobs are 40 hr week, unless customer request a longer work day, but you know this up front, and can decline the job.Example The last 2 months I worked for Texas Gas in Graham and Breckenridge, Tx. Since the company request and I agreed, I work 45 hrs a week in order to get the job done before a State inspection was done. The job here in Austin I'll work only 40 hrs a week. The next job and last for the season, I'll work 50 hrs a week (this one is of my on chosing).

Training is provide in the form of On-the-Job, on location or at their HQs in Norcoss, Ga. Training will last for abou 4-5 wks and you are being paid.

They have health ins. If you want and a 401 plan. I get vacation time, even if I work only partime.

They have job all over the country, they call you and ask if you want to go to say Montana of Ohio, Texas and so on. I have worked in Oh,Ky,Ok,Al,Ms,Ga and chose to stay in Texas this year.

On thing is that SCC does not get upset if you decline a job, in other words you do not go to the bottom of some list.They are every easy company to work for, I find that most people that have problems with them, are not commicating their needs or plans

Having spent 37 yrs working for the Army and Federal service, this job is just right for my live style. The money I make in the spring/summer allows me and my wife to live and do things the rest of the year, without worrying that we are spending to much and I use it to buy my toys.

I you have any question just email me. If looking for a job (and They are hiring Now) just a SCC a 800-344-5066. Tell whoever answers that you are looking for work and they will get you to the right person. Tell Bob Arnold sent you. ( I get money)

Bob Arnold
Mission, Tx

#2 Trucken

Trucken

• Validated Members
  • 363 posts

Posted 18 August 2006 - 01:48 PM

Bob:

Gave this info about Southern Cross to my retired neighbor. He and his wife were chomping at the bit to go. Sounded like, it was what they wanted.

He called them three times, and they said, will call you back. Never received a call back. Finally he Faxed in his employment application,(I gave him copy of mine) and followed up with a call.

Still no response from Southern Cross? I know that you are just the messenger and no slight intended.

When you talk to the head guy next time, at least let him know they have an interested party. If he doesn't fit the job description at least a call would have been nice to say so. It's been three months now.

If need be, e-mail me and I will give you his number and e-mail address.

Trucken.

#3 jwalker

jwalker

• Validated Members
  • 100 posts
  • SKP#:98704

Posted 29 March 2007 - 07:34 PM

[quote]I think I would defer to Bob on that question. He has worked for them for a long time and would know the best way for you to go about applying.
jwalker
Homebase is the Hills of East Tennessee
Currently, on the road again...

Visit Our Geocaching Blog

#4 ADAGADAK Class of 06

ADAGADAK Class of 06

Major Contributor

• Validated Members
  • 629 posts
  • SKP#:59995

Posted 03 April 2008 - 03:29 AM

jwalker,

One reason for those big snarly dogs is that many of those houses are meth labs or pot farms. You are right in middle of the highest production area there is!!

North of Sacramento there is a Thousand Trails park at Lake Minden...there is another in Manteca, south of Stockton. Other than that camping can be expensive. Might try some fairgrounds...generally they have RV parking there (except during the fair) and are reasonable priced..

If you're a fisherman the Stripper runs and the Steelhead and Salmon runs in the Sacramento river could be worth the high price of an out of state fishing license!!

Enjoy

Steve Ball
2002 34' Hurricane
2001 Saturn SL2
2 tabby cats (CiCi & Leo)

#5 jwalker

jwalker

• Validated Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 08:09 PM

[quote]
jwalker

#6 shergry

shergry

• Validated Members
  • 27 posts
  • SKP#:#55719

Posted 17 August 2007 - 09:29 AM

Tom Burr, Paul is one of the nicest guys. Finished training in June and then went up to Temple to be with Jim Briggs, another really good guy, full of good tips and knowledge. Hope you are doing well, sounds like you are in the distribution side, DW and I are in the transmission side; all good things in this company.
Gary and Sheryl Briggs
3 Cairn Terriers
2007 Mobile Suite SB3
F450 Lariat Turbo Diesel 4X4

#7 Thomas B

Thomas B

• All Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 May 2006 - 03:53 PM

Bob,
Thanks for the info on this job. I have a question:
Are you pretty much on your feet all day, or are you walking and doing other stuff also? I'm interested in the job, but have difficulty being on my feet all day due to back problems. Thanks.
Tom

#8 DDrew

DDrew

• All Members
  • 1 posts
  • SKP#:100101

Posted 24 February 2008 - 06:31 AM

Greetings everyone.

I'm also starting with SCC on 3/4. Thanks to Bob and the other SCC'rs that provided a wealth of information on this work. I'm looking forward to getting started.

Have a great week!

#9 sacbob

sacbob

• Validated Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 04:05 PM

Can someone give me the link to the company. I followed 7 pages of this but couldn't find a link
Thanks
Bob

#10 Bob Arnold

Bob Arnold

• Validated Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 03:46 PM

Give Gene Booth a call at 972-529-7679. He will interview you and get the process started. Just tell him, I told you to call him.

Thanks

Bob Arnold[/quote]

#11 David & Lorna Schinske

David & Lorna Schinske

Major Contributor

• Validated Members
  • 2590 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 05:56 PM

We sent off our apps today in the mail. We got laid off after only one month. Such is life. David has picked up a job rocking a chimney that will take him about 1 week to do (I get to play in the "crick" picking up the rocks to use). We figure it will take that long for the company to get our apps... at least.

#12 AZDream

AZDream

• Validated Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 09:17 AM

Thanks Bob - that's what I was hopeing to hear. Calvin R and Bob have a GREAt Thanksgiving.

#13 jwalker

jwalker

• Validated Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 08:19 PM

[quote]
jwalker

#14 jwalker

jwalker

• Validated Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 10:51 PM

[quote]
jwalker

#15 Bob Arnold

Bob Arnold

• Validated Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 19 December 2006 - 08:04 PM

Dan
If and when you decide give me a shout. If you have any question. I've work for them 5 yrs now. I off for the winter and will start in late March or early April.

Bob

#16 HB`

HB`

• Validated Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 08:27 AM

well.. I got to ask, how much does the DW/helper make?

#17 Bye

Bye

Major Contributor

• Validated Members
  • 719 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 02:18 PM

Hi Bob,

Have completed training and all equipment was issued today. I will know Friday the location of our first assignment.

Where are you currently assigned?

They are tossing out SLC, Montana, Wy, CO as the most urgent needs.

Southern Cross would like to hire some additional folks.

They just received a new contracts for Rhode Island, and have some pending for Illinois and Missouri.

I was assigned to work with 3 different trainers during the 3 weeks. They sure were some good folks and hard workers and committed to ensuring that we learn the process. We enjoyed the 3 weeks in Norcross.

Regards

#18 jwalker

jwalker

• Validated Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 09:30 AM

Jim and Lois...

Yes, that is correct. As long as you are both coming from a job where you were both working as full techs.
jwalker

#19 Bob Arnold

Bob Arnold

• Validated Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 28 October 2006 - 04:20 PM

There is a small park in Penitas, just west of our Park (Hidden Valley Ranch) we lived in before we bought this place. My mother stays ther in the winter, so I feel comfortable in recomening this park. Call 956-581-9719 and speak to the owner. I know their rent is reasonable and the park is quite and clean. Small club house, swiming pool, laundry. No wifi.

Another way is to stop at the information Rest stop and ask for informations on parks in the valley.

The prices are in a wide range, as are the parks.

The park I live in is owned by each lot owner, and they do have some for rent each year. I'll check and see what is available if you want.
Price range 300-400 a month.

Bob

#20 Bob Arnold

Bob Arnold

• Validated Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 02:13 PM

On each job you receive an allowance for the use of your car/truck. You are paid a sum of money per hour for this. The amount is based on location of assignment, but if you feel that you need more, than the company is offering, then you can ask for more and state the reason you need more.

You are paid 64 cents a mile, for travel between assignment, plus a days lodging. You have to submite an expense sheet.

This what I do before I take a job with SCC. I ask what the job pays, ie travel, car expense, and weekly lodging amount. My hourly pay is already set and has nothing to do with the job. Plus I ask for a copy of the workorder, which tells me what the job requires of me. I have turned jobs down because of that is required on the job.

I have worked for SCC since 2001, on a seasonal base. I have not gotten everything I wanted, but have gotten most of what I requested. This is base on give and take.

SCC is still looking for people for jobs they have available.

You can call 7708103520 and ask for Sherman carlton or just tell the operator that you need to speak to some one about applying for a job.

Bob Arnold
currently on survey job in Weatherford, Tx