Now Hiring GasLine Survey Will Train

• Please log in to reply
371 replies to this topic

#41 JAXFL

JAXFL

• Validated Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 16 March 2007 - 06:24 AM

[quote]Bob then do you go back 3-5 miles and get your truck/car? or do you move the vehical after a couple of blocks, then walk again and move the vehical again? Does someone come pick you up at the end of the day?

#42 Bob Arnold

Bob Arnold

• Validated Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 18 February 2007 - 08:31 PM

I know at least 4 this last year. There is about 300 working for them at anyone time. Next month starts a new season. I start back next month myself. They has a few jobs in the west, but I don't know where. Give them a call.

Bob

#43 Bob Arnold

Bob Arnold

• Validated Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 05:50 PM

I talked with my supervisor about new hires today. This is a update on pay. New hires strat at 8.00 an hour , with a travel allowance of 180. per week. This will go up as you stay with the company. For those Teams that do transmittion lines the pay for the helper is 6.00 an hour. These are usally 2 people who live together. Ie husband and wife.

I have had people to say that they didn't hear back from SCC, when the sent in their application. This application has to be hand written, so your writing may not be what we are looking for. The map and reports you send in each week, are offical records of gasline inspection and maybe used in court. Also your Health and background may not be in your favor.
So if you have not heard from them in a reasonable amount of time, just send me a note and I track it down. with all companys the staff is expected to do more with less and things fall thru the cracks.

If you need more information just drop me a line.

Bob

#44 Bob Arnold

Bob Arnold

• Validated Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 03 November 2006 - 04:35 PM

Don't care to work to far west. Co expensive, Ka to stormy.

On my way to do a small job with west Texas gas for Gene. About 7 small towns 2 to 3 days each. La Pryor is the first place, then on to Somerset.Agree to help out this winter on short jobs, be home on weekends. This also paid my way home from Columbus, Ms.

Give me a shout when you get back to Zapata.

Bob

#45 bobsea43

bobsea43

Major Contributor

• Validated Members
  • 926 posts
  • SKP#:107288

Posted 09 December 2007 - 03:19 AM

Calvin R thanx for your response. I would appreciate any updates you get as I will be submitting an application right after the start of the new year!

Bob & BJ
On the road (part time) to ournextstop!
2013 Thor Palazzo 33.1
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited  (Oscar)
Our FT Blog is at this link

#46 Bob Arnold

Bob Arnold

• Validated Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 09:05 AM

Thanks for the information, I am staying at the park now. start the job on the 17th, 3 mos will be alright if it not because of rain. hate sitting around. BTW see that you are in Santa Rosa, hows that job going. no WIFI at park, have to go to jackson to get email.

Bob

#47 Ron Harp

Ron Harp

• Validated Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 19 February 2007 - 06:41 AM

Thanks Bob!

I'll give it a day or two and call them. I've got my first cold in probably 10 years and could not get through a conversation without coughing my head off. lol

Thanks again,

Ron

Ron, Linda & Finn Dog
Sticks 'n' Bricks

#48 Jim/Alona

Jim/Alona

• Validated Members
  • 482 posts
  • SKP#:103929

Posted 29 March 2007 - 07:43 AM

Sorry Jan, yes I was asking you. All that info you shared is exactly what I was looking for, thanks again. Now, what is the best way to apply with SCC? Since we are hoping to start in october 07, do we apply now or wait awhile?

Bob, what do you think also?
Jim & Alona traveling with River, Rocky & Indy.
Our home, a 33' 1988 Southwind which we love!

http://arjrontheroad.blogspot.com
http://gatewatchers.blogspot.com

#49 KAYERIVERCITY

KAYERIVERCITY

Major Contributor

• Validated Members
  • 3,121 posts

Posted 15 May 2006 - 10:16 PM

.....non smoker would be of great benefit!....geofkaye
"Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us that do"-I Asimov

#50 Bob Arnold

Bob Arnold

• Validated Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 12:27 PM

Jones park is located just off the interstate 85, they only have a daily rate, but that will let you find out who your trainer will be an what area of he or she works at. Jones is a safe park, just not a nice park for long term stayes. gravel lot and pad.That where I stay when I pass thru and have to stop by the office.

When I tained I work downtown area and stayed at park off I20 East of town, I think it was called two river, some stayed in Marietta, and worked downtown, I think it was a KOA.

If it was me I would stay at Jones for about 3-4 days. That should give you time, and it the closes to the Norcross off.

Bob

#51 Bubba

Bubba

• Validated Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 05:12 PM

Bob, I've been following this thread for a long time now. It seems in reading the info posted here and on SCC web site, you have to carry 45 lbs of gear while doing your hike every day? Is this correct? Seems like a heavy load all day every day?? Am I misreading something? Thanks in advance. You've been very informative!
01 Beaver Thunder
07 Chevy Silverado 1500

#52 Bye

Bye

Major Contributor

• Validated Members
  • 719 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 10:01 AM

Looks like a done deal!

Report for training in Norcross on March 4.

I have found 3 possible RV Parks in Commuting distance.

Jones, Twin Lakes and Stone Mountain.

Anyone have any recommendations on the nicest park out of the three, or any other options.

Thanks

#53 Bob Arnold

Bob Arnold

• Validated Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 03:02 PM

Jobs come in to the home office. Then assigned to supervisors. The home office will call you or a supervisor may.

When you apply with the company tell them at the interveiw that you only want jobs that both of you can work. You will need two cars or trucks.

Just tell them up front what you need.

Bob

#54 shergry

shergry

• Validated Members
  • 27 posts
  • SKP#:#55719

Posted 17 May 2007 - 06:01 AM

I can't believe that it has only been one month since I first asked Bob where to apply. But hey, DH trains monday YEAH Posted Image Going to Round Rock, TX for at least 4 weeks. This company is so great that we will be able to do our Ice Cream trailer and work for SC Posted Image. Well enuff fun on the net...THANK YOU BOB!!!! Gotta travel, hope to see ya'll down the road.
Gary and Sheryl Briggs
3 Cairn Terriers
2007 Mobile Suite SB3
F450 Lariat Turbo Diesel 4X4

#55 WD0AFQ

WD0AFQ

• Validated Members
  • 455 posts

Posted 20 December 2006 - 08:20 PM

Bob, Thanks, I may be in touch with you this spring.
Dan & Teri Gregg
WD0AFQ

GMC Classic, Class A/Vibe GT
http://www.danandteri.blogspot.com

#56 km89015

km89015

• All Members
  • 1 posts
  • SKP#:SKP#96733

Posted 27 August 2007 - 09:30 AM

I know you said the equipment you carry is 3-6 lbs. How do you carry it? Backpack type or what? I am very interested in this after I sell my house (which in this market, who knows? It's in Henderson Nevada if anyone is interested!!) I wanted to know about the carry weight because although I can walk for as long as I need to, I have to limit what I carry because of a neck injury. Would that preclude me from getting a job?

#57 jwalker

jwalker

• Validated Members
  • 114 posts
  • SKP#:98704

Posted 17 June 2008 - 04:15 PM

[quote]Good Luck!
jwalker
Homebase is the Hills of East Tennessee
Currently, on the road again...

Visit Our Geocaching Blog

#58 Jim/Alona

Jim/Alona

• Validated Members
  • 482 posts
  • SKP#:103929

Posted 27 March 2007 - 05:57 AM

Thanks Bob. We are hoping to work in a warmer area for the winter (we are usually in snow country), would there be openings in those areas or do the fulltime employees head there?
Jim & Alona traveling with River, Rocky & Indy.
Our home, a 33' 1988 Southwind which we love!

http://arjrontheroad.blogspot.com
http://gatewatchers.blogspot.com

#59 Bob Arnold

Bob Arnold

• Validated Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 17 March 2007 - 10:50 AM

[quote]Bob

#60 jwalker

jwalker

• Validated Members
  • 114 posts