*Perhaps a New Horizons fiver

***MDT/HDT required for any of the above.***

Or

Motorhomes:
Tiffin Allegro Bus 42QRP
Newmar Dutch Star / Mountain Air
Travel Supreme moho of some sort

Longshot: Winnebago Vectra 40TD

Check back in a year, and I'll revise the list!

R

Lets Roll America!

Thousand Trails, RV Dreams, iRV2, NuWa Owners Forum

Escapees Fulltiming Class of 2016

event.png

#2 TravelGirl

TravelGirl

• All Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 11:57 PM

I'm also in for class of 2012!

This is my first post here, but I've been reading for months now and I finally decided to join. I'm not sure, but I think I may be the youngest one here! I'm 21 now (will be 26 when I go FT) and this has always been my dream. I've been saving since graduating from college and living very frugally/simply. By 2012 I will have the funds in place to go full time for at least a few years. My grandparents full timed for a while and I've been camping all of my life, so this isn't new to me. They have a class A motorhome that they are going to be selling soon, and they told me that they would give me the money from that sell to buy my own RV (a small Class C is what I'm wanting). I know most full-timers are retired, but if I can do it now, why not?

I agree with some of the other posters, I love the planning process. I've been reading so much on the internet and on forums like this & many books, and slowly gathering ideas of places I want to go. I'm very excited and glad to be here!

Posted ImageMelanie

#3 GypsyBill & Jennifer

GypsyBill & Jennifer

• Validated Members
  • 142 posts
  • SKP#:98005

Posted 02 May 2007 - 10:29 AM

Just checking back in after a cpl of months off doing other things.. we are still on course for 2012 (although I still look for ways to accelerate retirement but without any success short of winning the FL lotto). Jennifer has had to give up fulltime employment due to her Fibromyalgia and other assorted back ailments, but that won't stop our full-timing plans... we are narrowing down the field of possible full-time 5ers to a managable amount (both in numbers and price) and planning for our next big yard sale.. 4.7 years and counting...

Bill and Jennifer
'13 Ford F150 EcoBoost (we no longer pull the DRV)

'13 Victory Cross Country (2 Wheels)
'10 Can Am Spyder (3 Wheels)
'10 XLR 25MKV (toy hauler)
'10 DRV MS 36RSSB3 (Home)

#4 HighwayRanger

HighwayRanger

• Validated Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 29 April 2007 - 07:18 PM

Good group of classmates forming here! Thanks everyone! Let's keep talking this up until 2012, learning as we go! We just bought an interim coach, (Class C because of room for the kids) and we're learning a lot about motor homes vs fifth wheels. We'll start attending LOW conferences and visiting factories over the next few years.

Much like the NASCAR chasers, we intend to hit festivals around the country, like BBQ competitions, chili cook-offs, etc.

Help me keep this thread alive classmates!

Lets Roll America!

event.png

#5 jperry29

jperry29

• Validated Members
  • 247 posts
  • SKP#:98787

Posted 16 February 2007 - 07:44 PM

Bill,

It is funny you should mention major purchases. I am already "coaching" my wife to try and get five more years out of everything. I keep telling her we will upgrade to the latest television technology when we get the next 5er. And I have her thinking about not replacing her recliner chair (it really does need to go to the landfill) because she will get a brand new one with the new 5er. And we have already got 10 years out of the van without any problems so "lets squeeze another five out of it" I say.

She is beginning to look at me sideways, you know that look, the one where the head is slightly angled away from you and the eyes all the way to the side and sort of squinted while locked in a gaze at you.

She is putting up with it for now but I better find something that I have to sacrifice pretty quick or there is gonna be trouble.
2012 New Horizons Majestic | 06 F-550 Tow Boss
Full Time Class of 2012 | Escapee #98787
BLOG: www.CuRVWander.blogspot.com

s-event.png

#6 HighwayRanger

HighwayRanger

• Validated Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 04:22 PM

Yes, and no!

The short list is getting shorter, but still consists of fivers and motorhomes. We're down to about three of each. Now, it's up to them to keep updating their products until we're ready to buy. Hopefully none of them will slip out of contention, but it would be easiest if one of them percolates to the top of the list, that way we can just roll right into the purchase. One of the fivers is currently in the overall lead!

Roy

Lets Roll America!

event.png

#7 jperry29

jperry29

• Validated Members
  • 247 posts

Posted 18 December 2007 - 06:13 PM

It's a plan! Now that you have put a stake in the ground you can start working out a schedule for switching to fulltiming.

Welcome to the forum, keep hanging out here. It is a great resource.

s-event.png

#8 Mike & Patty

Mike & Patty

Major Contributor

• Validated Members
  • 568 posts
  • SKP#:99967

Posted 01 March 2008 - 05:19 PM

Hey, wake up out there in ciberland.

Mike
x];-}

SKP# 99967
FMCA 409720
US Army retired
DoD Civilian retired
http://greenbeavertr...s.blogspot.com/
2000 Beaver Contessa...2010 Suzuki Grand Vitara...2013 BRP CanAm Spyder RTS Limited

s-event.png

"A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'"

#9 HighwayRanger

HighwayRanger

• Validated Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 29 December 2007 - 09:19 AM

Welcome Brodon and Key! Like you both, I can't wait to get to our 2012 jump off point. I sure hope nothing interferes with our plans!

Roy

Lets Roll America!

event.png

#10 Jim & Dee

Jim & Dee

• Validated Members
  • 6 posts
  • SKP#:SKP092364

Posted 31 January 2008 - 05:07 PM

I remembered a few months ago seeing something about class of 2012. I finally found this forum. We're going to be fulltime in May 2012 and have been preparing since Nov 2005. I can't wait to get on the road.

I have a blog of what we've done and what we'll do to get ready to get on the road. I'm so thankful for this forum. We have no truck or 5th wheel yet. We're going to the factories in 2009 for NuWa and New Horizon. LOW in 2010, selling the condo in 2011 and on the road 2012. We found an RV park to stay, to get use to the 5er before going on the road.

http://tumbleweed-jimdee.blogspot.com/

Dee/Jim
SKP# 92364

#11 jperry29

jperry29

• Validated Members
  • 247 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 08:27 PM

Gordon and Juanita,

I have been reading your blog ever since Steve told me about it. I am just about caught up with you real-time. I just finished your June-3 post when the site went down and I switched over to this forum.

From my reading perspective you are just getting into the territory that we spent the bulk of our time; Chugach Mtns, Anchorage, Palmer, Eagle, Seward and other points in the south-east.

Having just been there I am thoroughly enjoying your posts, especially the pictures. I took over 1300 shots in 17 days, it is amazing that you see a fantastic view no matter which way you look. Seeing yours and reading your narrative has let me extend a vacation that ended way too soon.

Keep the shiny side up and have fun.

s-event.png

#12 hydehunter1

hydehunter1

• Validated Members
  • 98 posts
  • SKP#:110745

Posted 24 November 2007 - 09:34 PM

well we are retiring on Jan 15 2012 and will be at Quartsite,just can't wait for it to happen.we will have a 5th wheel,tractor,atv and my boat just won't be able to give up my toys.

#13 jperry29

jperry29

• Validated Members
  • 247 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 06:44 PM

Class of 2012 - I'm in!

Like everybody so far, just a little early to go yet. I have two kids in college and will get them both out before seperating from work. 2012 is it though, they have both been put on notice to be finished by then.

We'll be starting the remodeling work on the house this fall and hope to have it all done soon enough so that we can enjoy it for a little while before we sell.

My better half has started going through some of her stuff and thinning it out. But at the pace of her progress I think she should have started 5 years ago when we decided to fulltime. I do have to give her credit though, she is a pre-school teacher and has decades of teaching aids that she has collected and stored in our basement (enough stuff to fill the whole 1,000 sq ft). At least now I can see furniture I did not even remember we had down there.

I've got my TV and I've got my 5er, now all I need is a little time and we'll be foot loose and fancy free.

Countdown Clock to Fulltiming

Edited by jperry29, 05 November 2008 - 01:21 PM.

s-event.png

#14 foggymtn

foggymtn

• Validated Members
  • 374 posts
  • SKP#:88716

Posted 07 June 2008 - 10:05 PM

Hi Jperry,

Keep your eye on the prize!! You will be amazed at how fast that last several years will go by when you have your sights set on something like Alaska.

This is our first taste of the spectacular scenery and wonderful people in Alaska...certainly won't be our last!

I appreciate my friend Steve giving our journal a plug. We are having a great time sharing our experiences on a daily basis and always enjoy inspiring others to join in on the full timing fun...in Alaska or anywhere else.

Hang in there...maybe we'll see you if we make our return trip in 2012!! Posted Image

Safe travels,

Gordon and Juanita

Seeing the USA in our Chevrolet
Full timing since 3/11/2006
Blog: http://www.mytripjou...om/USAChevrolet

#15 jperry29

jperry29

• Validated Members
  • 247 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 01:05 PM

Well I guess I got another taste of what it is like to full time and do maintenance on a rig with some age on it.

I had a couple of slide seals fail. This came on the heals of camping three weekends in a row (tough life, I know). So between the camping and getting in for repairs it had me towing at least twice a week for the last month. I really got comfortable hitching and un-hitching and lots of practice backing. It was interesting to see how quick a routine developed.

There is usually so much time between pulls that each trip feels like the first trip of the season all summer long. But this past month really got comfortable feeling. Not casual, just more confident.

But then again I remember what my Dad said about confidence; "it's what you have before you fully understand the problem". Guess I'll try to keep a little "edge" on to be sure I get everything right.

s-event.png

#16 Mike & Patty

Mike & Patty

Major Contributor

• Validated Members
  • 568 posts
  • SKP#:99967

Posted 02 March 2008 - 07:47 AM

[quote]I think you might be thinking of the 'other' Mike&Pat that have the PressurePro business, it's not me.

Mike
x];-}

SKP# 99967
FMCA 409720
US Army retired
DoD Civilian retired
http://greenbeavertr...s.blogspot.com/
2000 Beaver Contessa...2010 Suzuki Grand Vitara...2013 BRP CanAm Spyder RTS Limited

s-event.png

"A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'"

#17 Key

Key

• All Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 December 2007 - 09:20 AM

Hi all,

Here's another early planner...a little about myself: I'm under 25, and I plan on buying a truck and 5th wheel in 2012. I hope to fulltime for many, many years, if not several decades. I have lived in the same area for too long, and I'm ready to leave! Unfortunately, I'm stuck trying to save every penny now, but by 2012, I should be ready to go.

I plan on competing with my dogs every weekend at trials, and I will work on the road as a life coach, writer, and photographer. Nice to meet everyone and I can't wait to see you down the road.

#18 HighwayRanger

HighwayRanger

• Validated Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 07:34 PM

She sure is purdy, Mike! Are you going to be able to wait 4 more years? Good luck, and welcome to the class of 2012!

Lets Roll America!

event.png

#19 jperry29

jperry29

• Validated Members
  • 247 posts

Posted 16 June 2007 - 03:00 PM

Hey HighwayRanger. What is the latest on breaking in the new class C? Have you had any revelations about whether to go with a 5er or motor home?

We are at Cloudland Canyon in the extreme northwest corner of Georgia this weekend. After making the tow up here, through the steep and winding roads, and then trying to find a spot big enough to get in in this state park, we are getting very confident that we do not want a rig any longer than it absolutely has to be.

Our current 5er measures 35'. We are going to set a limit of 36' for our next one (that is actual length, not brochure length). Shorter if we can get all the features we want in something smaller.

It is beautiful in places like this and I do not want to be limited in getting to them by having a rig that is too big. We would have missed a great weekend if we could not have fit in here. I can easily see myself staying in places like this up to the maximum time limit and they kick me out.

s-event.png

#20 jperry29

jperry29

• Validated Members
  • 247 posts

Posted 02 February 2008 - 07:04 PM

Welcome to the class of 2012 Dee and Jim. Sounds like you have a solid plan. I thought I had pretty much decided on a Teton, but after reading a lot of posts lately about New Horizons I think I am going to have to reopen my decision making process.

s-event.png