• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1063 replies to this topic

#461 Barb and Alex

Barb and Alex

• Validated Members
  • 494 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 09:01 AM

http://sdwind.zenfolio.com/p800923224

Here is the link to the photos I took yesterday of our new coach. Finally got it level next to the house.

I LOVE it!

Congratulations.
Adventures Unlimited - Adventure is the pursuit of life!
2012 24' Freedom Elite Class C named FREEDA (FREE Days Ahead)
Towing a 2004 Toyota Tacoma

Follow our adventures on Facebook by "Liking" our page:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Adventures-Unlimited/201899289873608

#462 Jessica

Jessica

• Validated Members
  • 111 posts
  • SKP#:109613

Posted 07 March 2012 - 02:31 PM

Here is the link to the photos I took yesterday of our new coach. Finally got it level next to the house.

Congratulations!! It's beautiful!! Posted Image
Jessica and Harry

Fulltimers as of 12/12/12
2011 Chevy Silverado 3500HD
2011 Heartland Landmark Rushmore
www.rikerrvdays.blogspot.com

#463 SueMac

SueMac

• Validated Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 02:35 PM

Thanks! I can't wait to be in it all the time. Last night we tested out the DVD/Surround Sound and watched a movie in it. The sub-woofer rattled the coach!
Sue
Box Elder, SD
2012 Newmar Dutch Star 4346
2011 GMC Canyon

#464 sandsys

sandsys

Major Contributor

• Validated Members
  • 7,264 posts
  • SKP#:99753

Posted 07 March 2012 - 04:12 PM

Linda, would you mind sharing what % you had to provide the estate sale company?

It tends to be different for different regions. About 30% is typical for the Minneapolis metropolitan area. We found our sales people through our Realtor so we trusted them from the get go. Their job, though, is to move stuff, not necessarily to make the best prices since their customers are usually surviving relatives who just want the house empty so they can sell it. We think they underpriced a lot of our stuff partly because they had to cancel the charity truck that was coming to pick up any leftovers--not enough left to justify the run. Still it was awfully nice to have someone else do all that work while we camped in a local park. :)

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

#465 PhilandNancyJ

PhilandNancyJ

• Validated Members
  • 12 posts
  • SKP#:108302

Posted 07 March 2012 - 05:15 PM

Congratulations SueMac. The MH is beautiful. We loaded the last of the boxes today and DH reworked the basement storage to his liking. The rest fit, to my surprise. There were a couple stools I wanted to take but they didn't work out. We took 2 last trips for donation and thanked them for all their help. They wished us luck. We closed the slides and they worked! Now if it rains like the weatherman says then I don't care. We were able to finish early this afternoon so we can rest and get a good sleep. We can leave tomorrow after the blankets and coffee pot get loaded in the 5er. WOOHOO It's actually happening!

Nancy

#466 SueMac

SueMac

• Validated Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 05:51 PM

Congrats, Good Luck and safe travels. Before long we'll be out there too!

Sue

Congratulations SueMac. The MH is beautiful. We loaded the last of the boxes today and DH reworked the basement storage to his liking. The rest fit, to my surprise. There were a couple stools I wanted to take but they didn't work out. We took 2 last trips for donation and thanked them for all their help. They wished us luck. We closed the slides and they worked! Now if it rains like the weatherman says then I don't care. We were able to finish early this afternoon so we can rest and get a good sleep. We can leave tomorrow after the blankets and coffee pot get loaded in the 5er. WOOHOO It's actually happening!

Nancy

Sue
Box Elder, SD
2011 GMC Canyon

#467 kingskids

kingskids

Major Contributor

• Validated Members
  • 512 posts
  • SKP#:107761

Posted 07 March 2012 - 06:54 PM

All kinds of congrats are due here - SueMac - your motor home is beautiful! And Nancy - you beat us by a few days yet. We were "supposed" to be on the road on the 9th - with a quickie dinner engagement 2 hours from us - BUT that ain't happening! We are several days short, so looks like "best case scenario" will be to leave on the 12th - and hoping we can make that happen. Still have to get over to Poolville, TX for some freightliner work, then off to see family and friends before some MUCH NEEDED fishing rest.

Does anyone know how many of the graduating class of 2012 are already out there on the road vs how many of us are still trying to get there?

Sharon
Richard & Sharon, Harley & Scruffy (our cool cats)
2011 DRV 43' customized Elite Denver model
2005 FL Century ("Maverick") by Wayland (2L Custom Trucks)
...truck swooshes by Precision Paint
Photo taken at our sticks and bricks home in CO
Posted Image

#468 Barb and Alex

Barb and Alex

• Validated Members
  • 494 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 07:46 PM

Does anyone know how many of the graduating class of 2012 are already out there on the road vs how many of us are still trying to get there?

Sharon

I've been wondering the same thing. It would be cool to create a class list with everyone's graduation date or estimated graduation date on it as we move through the year. Maybe after my current work project slows down but for now I'll be working like crazy until mid-July with very little spare time except for working on our liquidation projects.
Adventures Unlimited - Adventure is the pursuit of life!
2012 24' Freedom Elite Class C named FREEDA (FREE Days Ahead)
Towing a 2004 Toyota Tacoma

Follow our adventures on Facebook by "Liking" our page:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Adventures-Unlimited/201899289873608

#469 Dick&Joyce

Dick&Joyce

• Validated Members
  • 320 posts
  • SKP#:108945

Posted 07 March 2012 - 10:06 PM

Went to get my drivers license renewed today in Kansas (we can't take advantage of one of the other states until we don't need the health insurance we have). Kansas is generally a friendly state about this kind of stuff, but I still had to take my old license, a card they sent me in the mail and a utility bill with me to get it. In addition, the lady gave me my old license back and told me to keep it in a safe place because if I lost my new one i would need the old one or have to produce God knows how many other things to prove who I was. A general discussion of the requirements of the patriot act then followedPosted Image
Dick and Joyce
2010 3665RE Montana 5th Wheel
2011 Dodge 2500 laramie edition
Norm, Diego @ Bitsy

#470 FurBall Express

FurBall Express

Major Contributor

• Validated Members
  • 883 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 11:15 PM

The Jello plans are to take off the 1st of April and head out to establish domicile...we will see.
<p>Greg and AggieLife is what happens when you're making plans to do something else !

2010 Jeep Wrangler toad
2006 Country Coach Inspire 360

#471 FurBall Express

FurBall Express

Major Contributor

• Validated Members
  • 883 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 11:24 PM

Current plans are to jump off April 1 and establish domicile, but we know how these plans in jello work out, don't we?
<p>Greg and AggieLife is what happens when you're making plans to do something else !

2010 Jeep Wrangler toad
2006 Country Coach Inspire 360

#472 SueMac

SueMac

• Validated Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 11:26 PM

Thanks for all the nice comments on the new RV. Can't wait to be in it all the time.
I'll renew my drivers license the end of March since we can do it 6 months early since we don't know where we'll be in Sept. I have all my paperwork ready...a real pain. Tomorrow we go to Americas Mailbox to get our full time address. We live about 15 minutes from there and visited with them today and got our forms to fill out. Great folks.

The weather is to be nice for several days so we hope to get some stuff to the storage facility, then pack up more stuff here and get more in the RV. If we have things done by Easter, we can take off. Here's hoping!
Sue
Box Elder, SD
2011 GMC Canyon

#473 hdrider

hdrider

Major Contributor

• Validated Members
  • 870 posts
  • SKP#:112999

Posted 08 March 2012 - 07:01 AM

Congrats on the new motorhome!! I envy your progress.

Dave & Diane
2014 Tiffin Phaeton 42LH
2012 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited

http://daveanddiane.wordpress.com/

event.png

#474 kingskids

kingskids

Major Contributor

• Validated Members
  • 512 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 07:17 PM

Progress ... Phooey - another delay here I fear. We were shooting for the 9th, then it turned into the 12th, and now it looks like the 14th or so. Drats, this is getting into our crappie spawning fishing time!! Phooey! Congrats to those who are on time!!

Sharon
Posted Image

#475 SueMac

SueMac

• Validated Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 10:40 PM

We cleaned out the closets today. Have several bags for the 2nd hand store and put most of the clothes we want to keep in the RV. Kept a few in the house since we'll be in it for at least a few more weeks. Bob (hubby) put the tow plate on the truck today, so that is done. He also moved the utility trailer from the back of the house to the front for easier loading. We hope to take a load to the storage facility Saturday. So things are progressing, but we haven't set a date to take off. That really depends on when we get the house cleaned out and what we are going to do with the organ if it hasn't sold yet.
Sue
Box Elder, SD
2011 GMC Canyon

#476 kingskids

kingskids

Major Contributor

• Validated Members
  • 512 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 10:52 PM

Well we spent our day finishing boxing things up in the house while we had a couple of cleaning gals doing the rest of the house to make it PERFECT for showing. Both are almost done - the gals will come back on Tuesday and finish up and we will go back for the rest of the stuff we missed on Sunday. Kitties are hanging out at the house while we have a GOOD night's rest in the coach (LOVE our bed here), and tomorrow we have to drive all day for a dinner engagement and to take some stuff we're selling to someone. Then back at it again on Sunday. BUT today's the 7 year anniversary of moving into the house, so we "celebrated" by moving out and into the "next house". I have so many cardboard boxes full of stuff in the rv, that I can't even see where the tv is (it's the kind that goes down into the cabinet thankfully, because I needed to stack boxes on the cabinet!). By the time we roll, it will be ultra organized and I will be able to finally kill the stress monster!

We are "officially" full timers as of tonight - still have work to do on the house, but that doesn't mean anything - we are LIVING in the rv now - WOO HOO!!

Hope my classmates are all doing well... Have a GREAT weekend!
Sharon
Posted Image

#477 hydehunter1

hydehunter1

• Validated Members
  • 141 posts
  • SKP#:110745

Posted 10 March 2012 - 04:13 PM

we are chomping at the bit. we are ready to hit the road but the problem is that I have to work until May 21st and Karen has to work until May 31, then about 7:00 P.M. that night we will tell California good bye and hit the road and pray the Good Lord will take care of us. :)

#478 SueMac

SueMac

• Validated Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 08:05 PM

Safe travels! Will you be able to change your domicile and really get out of CA? We did and that was the best thing we did! It is so hard to wait!
Sue
Box Elder, SD
2011 GMC Canyon

#479 hydehunter1

hydehunter1

• Validated Members
  • 141 posts
  • SKP#:110745

Posted 11 March 2012 - 08:27 PM

yes we will going to look at the Mitchell S.D. area except in the winter

#480 PhilandNancyJ

PhilandNancyJ

• Validated Members
  • 12 posts
  • SKP#:108302

Posted 15 March 2012 - 11:11 AM

We've been fulltiming for a week now and we are totally experienced! HA!HA! We have experienced driving forward, driving backwards, pulling through and backing-in. We have also experienced flying feces everywhere and that was an experience! We got really tired after a few days of driving and stopping only one night so we stayed 3 nights in North Little Rock and learned some of the sytems in the 5er. Got the TV working and even the dog, Stumpy feels more at home. Wait till he gets a bath today. He will really know he's at home now. We will be making it to Livingston tomorrow and make plans for further adventures hopefully they will not involve flying feces. Nancy