MaximumSignal Update?

MNRon

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is great to hear that units are being shipped and received. Unboxing and installation videos abound on YouTube. However I am waiting for test and usage reports to see if the hyperbole about MaxSignal's performance is true.

2011 Bengal TX - "La Esperanza"
Ford F-350 Lariat gas with FX/4 pkg

Is anybody having difficulty with Verizon when calling for permission to use a booster?

I had no problem adding a WeBoost Drive 4G-M last winter. I don't have my MaxAmp RV amp yet, but I hope I don't have a problem there either. Did they give you a hard time?

On edit: Verizon has an online form for registering a booster. It wasn't working when I registered the WeBoost, but I just checked at my MyVerizon.com account and the online registration is now working. I was even able to edit my WeBoost info to correct a couple of typos. I look forward to adding the MaxAmp next week, and then removing the WeBoost when the Max puts it to shame. :)

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

We have lots of cases now . But if were not for bad luck I would have no luck it all . It seems the 12 volt cigarette lighter adapters are defective . As soon as we get the replacements , everyone that has their system already will be shipped one and we will hold of shipping anymore kits till I get the replacements. The Ac adapter does work and the kit does have both.

Keeping You Connected

Proud Commercial Member #129 http://www.maximumsignal.net/

Gord, good job with the perseverance on the development. Just a couple questions:

1) I have an old Maximum Signal 3G booster, are either of the antennas reusable for the LTE Mobile set up? I'd love to re-use the antennas in the trailer, so I can easily swap the electronic unit from the car to the trailer.

2) When do you expect you'll have enough Mobile units to start shipping immediately to customers who order now?

Thanks!

Gord, good job with the perseverance on the development. Just a couple questions:

1) I have an old Maximum Signal 3G booster, are either of the antennas reusable for the LTE Mobile set up? I'd love to re-use the antennas in the trailer, so I can easily swap the electronic unit from the car to the trailer.

2) When do you expect you'll have enough Mobile units to start shipping immediately to customers who order now?

Thanks!

Antennas can be used on either. Can only use the car unit in both as you cannot put RV system in car as it is too powerful . Should have enough units in a few weeks.

Keeping You Connected

My unit arrived today (Thanks, Gord!) and I've only had a chance to do some basic testing to make sure my preferred antenna locations meet the separation criteria before doing a more permanent installation. Unfortunately for testing though, I'm currently in a location that gets pretty consistent mid -80 dB signals, so the amplifier doesn't have much work to do. I did see about a -3dB improvement with the amp powered on though, and I was particularly pleased that the number held up out to at least 10 feet from the inside ceiling antenna.That's a vast improvement over the 3 or 4 foot effective range of our WeBoost Drive 4G-M's "Hershey Bar" antenna. Once I get the permanent installation completed, I'll be able to do more comprehensive testing, hopefully in areas with poorer signal conditions. Our next stop will be Plymouth, MA in a few weeks, but I won't be surprised if the signal levels there are pretty decent too. Maybe a trip into the usually "No service" areas of the Adirondacks will be in our near future.

Oh, and I did the MyVerizon online registration with no issues...

Dutch

I tried to find the link but was unable. I called Verizon and talked with tech support at length telling her about the product. You get to the link by signing into Verizon wireless. Then search for "consumer signal booster" it will take you to a page and click on the round ball with the same title. That takes you to the page with a link on the bottom.

Ron C.

2013 Dynamax Trilogy 3850 D3

2000 Kenworth T2000 Optimus Prime

For those testing:

• While it is important to note the gain from the device(s) that is not really what you are looking for. But it IS important ancillary data.
  • IMO, the more important measure is the speed of the data connection. That really shows well what the device is doing.

Jack,

Are you going to also test the maxamps ability to make a call while roaming on a Verizon roam partner, particularly 1x?

IMO the amps ability to grab a signal and make a clear phone call in an emergency is just as important, if not more, than it's data speed improvement. I would very much like to know if its as good or better than the Cyfre CA-819 for calls and text messages. Some real world RSSI number comparisons on 1x would be appreciated.

David

I doubt I will test on 1X any time in the near future. I simply have no ability to get a 1X signal in my present location. The Mobile amp - once I have it - would be a better amp to test this capability. And since I have a weBoost -M to test that against, once I have a mobile amp I'll see how that goes. I AM in a great location - in the mountains - to test a mobile amp. But the RV amp is not well suited for testing where you have to move around a lot - at least not in my circumstances at the present time.

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

We have lots of cases now . But if were not for bad luck I would have no luck it all . It seems the 12 volt cigarette lighter adapters are defective . As soon as we get the replacements , everyone that has their system already will be shipped one and we will hold of shipping anymore kits till I get the replacements. The Ac adapter does work and the kit does have both.

It appears that your 12V adapter is a standard 2A USB model. I assume I can use any of my large collection of such adapters.

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/brake system
WiFiRanger Ambassador
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

Hmm, decisions decisions. Based on coverage maps, I will be up in no-mans land of signal (Trinity Lake, CA) for Memorial Weekend, but I don't know if I can pull the trigger $$ wise on a Mobile unit yet (or even if i can get my hands on my own by then). My Max Signal 3G one does not work with my regular T-Mobile phone,, so I will be falling back on my backup pre-paid smartphones on VZ and AT&T. If anyone in the NorCal area (especially along I-5 from the Bay Area up to Redding) has a MOBILE set up, and would be interested in renting for the weekend for the greater good, i would pay money to try it out and report my findings.......

We're very happy with the unlimited feature but very disappointed in the range. Our previous Verizon device had a great range.

Can you characterize what you considered good range and limited?

"There are No Experts, Do the Math!"

2014 Freightliner Cascadia DD16 600hp  1850ft-lb  18spd  3.31  260"wb
SpaceCraft S-470
SKP #131740

It appears that your 12V adapter is a standard 2A USB model. I assume I can use any of my large collection of such adapters.

Joel, the output on the 120-volt AC input adapter is listed at 12 volts, not the 5 volts from a standard USB adapter. I'm guessing the 12-volt adapter is basically a 1:1 device, possibly with a voltage regulator and some filtering to clean up the output.

Dutch

Can you characterize what you considered good range and limited?

HamRad was referring to the Novatel 6620L Jetpack supplied with the short lived OmniLynx unlimited Verizon 4G data plan.

Dutch

Question, how many of you will register your unit?

How many of you who do register your will then disregard the posted speed on the highway? :D

Susan & Dale
DaGirls Rv 2008 Alfa Gold SoLong ISL 425 Cummins
2015 Ford F-150 XLT Tow / Roadmaster Setup
1600W@45Vdc Magnum Inv/Chg&Solar

880AmpHr
DaGirlsRv Blog

My MaxAmp was registered with Verizon before I turned it on for the first time. And I do disregard the speed limit with our motorhome in that I'm usually running a bit under it. Posted speed limits are maximums, not mandatories. :)

Dutch

I installed my Maximum Signal amp this afternoon. I have ~16 foot horizontal separation between the outside and inside antennas plus 2-3 feet of vertical. At my location I'm showing signals of ~-101 to -106dB and download speeds of 35-45 Mbps (yes, extremely fast downloads). The blue light on the amp is shining brightly but I'm seeing no change in signal strength or download speed when it is on. Does anyone have a suggestion as to what is wrong?

I did notice that the connector on the end of the outside antenna cable is too large in diameter to properly mate with the EXT socket on the amp. Does anyone else have this problem?

Joel

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/brake system
WiFiRanger Ambassador
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

My outside magnetic antenna cable came with an adapter that fits the MaxAmp input terminal correctly.

Dutch

I installed my Maximum Signal amp this afternoon. I have ~16 foot horizontal separation between the outside and inside antennas plus 2-3 feet of vertical. At my location I'm showing signals of ~-101 to -106dB and download speeds of 35-45 Mbps (yes, extremely fast downloads). The blue light on the amp is shining brightly but I'm seeing no change in signal strength or download speed when it is on. Does anyone have a suggestion as to what is wrong?

I did notice that the connector on the end of the outside antenna cable is too large in diameter to properly mate with the EXT socket on the amp. Does anyone else have this problem?

Joel

There was an adapter included . If not connected it is not connected properly. It was taped to the outside of the antenna packaging

Keeping You Connected

Archived