12 replies to this topic

#1 GzrGldGeo

GzrGldGeo

Major Contributor

• Validated Members
  • 658 posts
  • SKP#:106686

Posted 18 August 2013 - 08:44 AM

Does anyone have anything experience with the park pro or con?  I don't seem to find anything on the forum on this park and little on the internet as far as reviews. 

FL SKP Co-op, Inc. 2219 SKP Way, Wauchula, FL 33873

George Roberts
1994 40' Bluebird Wanderlodge WLWB 500 HP Detroit Diesel 8v92
Towed: 2008 Jeep Sahara Limited Hardtop 4 X 4
Blog: Not a Moment Too Soon

#2 Dutch_12078

Dutch_12078

Major Contributor

• Validated Members
  • 1486 posts
  • SKP#:103135

Posted 18 August 2013 - 09:01 AM

I only found one review for this park at http://www.rvparkrev...fo_Springs.html

Dutch
1995 Coachmen Catalina 322QBXL
F-53 Chassis, 460 V8, TST TPMS

Quadra Bigfoot EZ Leveler System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

#3 GzrGldGeo

GzrGldGeo

Major Contributor

• Validated Members
  • 658 posts
  • SKP#:106686

Posted 18 August 2013 - 09:42 AM

Yes I found that one.  I found it odd the park has had one mention on this forum and only one review.  Hopefully someone has experiences they can share. 

George Roberts
1994 40' Bluebird Wanderlodge WLWB 500 HP Detroit Diesel 8v92
Towed: 2008 Jeep Sahara Limited Hardtop 4 X 4
Blog: Not a Moment Too Soon

#4 harry bellerby

harry bellerby

Major Contributor

• Validated Members
  • 862 posts
  • SKP#:41338

Posted 18 August 2013 - 10:18 AM

We have been there a couple of times. No better or worse than other co-ops. Nice area, loved Soloman's castle. The park is usually full in the peak winter months.
c u on the road
airstream harry
2000 Land Yacht MH
2007 Saturn Ion

#5 Bill Joyce

Bill Joyce

Major Contributor

• Validated Members
  • 2771 posts
  • SKP#:81846

Posted 18 August 2013 - 10:23 AM

Unless things have changed since our one night visit, they have some of the strictest pet rules we have ever encountered.  No pet, no problem.  

Newmar Dutch Star DP towing Chevy Equinox, Fulltimer since July 2003
Travels - http://www.sacnoth.com - Bill, Diane and Evita (the cat)
Despite the high cost of living, it still remains very popular. (stolen from Nick Russell)

#6 JoeandMarcia

JoeandMarcia

Major Contributor

• Validated Members
  • 2293 posts
  • SKP#:97020

Posted 18 August 2013 - 11:58 AM

It is a beautiful park, well laid out and well groomed. We have always found it to be friendly, but as with all parks with "permenate" residents it has its clicks.

Chasing the 70's

You can follow us using My link

I may not know what town I will be sleeping in,
But I know I'll be sleeping in MY bed.

#7 Dutch & Di

Dutch & Di

Major Contributor

• Validated Members
  • 1156 posts
  • SKP#:48048

Posted 24 August 2013 - 09:19 PM

Us too-it is a great park but getting harder and harder to get into with the permanant folks.  We have been in a site when the "owner" decided to make an early visit and we had to move to another site.  While not the end of the world, it was inconvenient but the people were friendly.  Hugs, Di

SKP #48048
2014 single Cab Ram 3500 Dually. Aisan Transmission, 410 gear. Pace Edwards automatic roll top cover. AMP running boards & tailgate step.
1996/2010 Triple Slide Carriage, Mor/Ryde Suspension, Kodiak Disc Brakes, Big Foot Leveling System & Plug It Right Stabilizers.
www.plugitright.com Plug It Right Stabilizer, TST, Quadra Big Foot Lever & DeBoe Slide Step Dealers
http://www.plugitrig...hwheelREDO.html      e-mail: plugitright@gmail.com

#8 Nick Russell

Nick Russell

Major Contributor

• Validated Members
  • 3064 posts
  • SKP#:56740

Posted 25 August 2013 - 02:42 AM

We've stayed there a couple of times. NIce park but not a lot to do in the area. And, as others have said, many of the permanent residents have been very aloof and did not make us feel very welcome. We have seen this at some of other the co-op parks

Gypsy Journal RV Travel Newspaper
http://gypsyjournalr...gory/nicksblog/
Author of "Meandering Down The Highway, A Year On The Road With Fulltime RVers" and "Work Your Way Across The USA, You Can Travel & Earn A Living Too!"

#9 teacher's pet

teacher's pet

Major Contributor

• Validated Members
  • 985 posts
  • SKP#:81403

Posted 25 August 2013 - 05:18 AM

We stayed there about 8 years ago, the winter before we went fulltime for a night, had planned on staying 5 days, but checked out the next morning. We found the check in staff rude and way to many rules. Also at the time the worse fire ant investation we had ever encountered on our assigned lot. Never have been back, and don't see the need to. Not a place for "hugs".

Teacher's Pet
'06 40' Phaeton QSH 350 Cat.
'04 R-Vision B+ Model 213, 6.0 Chevrolet.
http://www.skoolzout...er.blogspot.com
http://map.datastorm...3.cfm?user=3912

#10 Roger K4RS

Roger K4RS

Major Contributor

• Validated Members
  • 566 posts
  • SKP#:75942

Posted 25 August 2013 - 08:48 AM

This was the first Escapee park we visited.  We received a decidedly UNWELCOME attitude by residents and were actually yelled at by management while trying to check in!  Needless to say, we left quickly and have never returned.  Fortunately, this is the ONLY time we have had a negative experience at an Escapee park (and there are only a very few that we have not visited).

Safe Travels...

Roger, K4RS and Toni, K1TS
Amateur Radio Operators - Motorcycle Riders - Fulltime RVers

On the road, living the dream...
Ford F-250 Super Duty 7.3 Liter diesel and Nomad Rampage 365 5th wheel toyhauler.

See our current location:

Position report via amateur radio

Position report from Datastormusers.com

#11 lasttruck

lasttruck

• Validated Members
  • 251 posts
  • SKP#:110041

Posted 25 August 2013 - 09:15 AM

There are two reviews on escapees.com.  Average 3.5 stars.  One comment not very encouraging.

Jim & Vickie
'07 F150
'10 Chalet XL1935
Spokane, Wa
http://www.chaletcamping.us/home/

#12 PSD_Tweaker

PSD_Tweaker

Major Contributor

• Validated Members
  • 950 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 03:33 AM

The park is usually well kept by the hired staff, but the politics, and cliks,seem to overide even common sense , guests are simply "tolerated".

The park is DEFINATELY NOT HDT friendly I  will never visit that park again.

The general feeling you get from the administration is if you don't like ANY of our rules, or guidelines, simply leave.

I "used" to spend 1 month every winter for 6 years, every year the visit was tainted with more & more disdain for the administration.

Rick

1998 VOLVO 610 VED-12 @ 425 HP with 13 speed, 22.5" rubber, TC Equipped, single 3.70 drive axle, 193'' WB. REESE, 30K 4 way rocker-hitch, Jordan Ultima 2020. Under-frame mounted Honda 3000 ei, Towing a DRV MobileSuites- 36TK3 with TrailAir Pin Box, a Yamaha V-Star 1100 on deck.  http://diesel-gypsy.blogspot.com

#13 Carol A

Carol A

Major Contributor

• Validated Members
  • 614 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 06:13 AM

We have had our name on the list for a lot for about 7 years so far.  As time has gone by, it is not a place I want to spend a full winter.  Most of that is location and the town has just gone further down hill and the Wal-Mart is one of the dirtiest I have ever seen. 

We have stayed there many times with no problems.  We have found that if you sign up on the volunteer list, you get a more friendly acceptance.  I have made a couple of  good friends there over the years. The problem is (according to a few who have tried to keep the park active, is that more and more people are living there full time and don't want to do anything because they are "retired and didn't retire to do more work".  When we first started going there, there were lots of activities, dinners, outside entertainment, etc.. But now there is very little of that left. It is a shame because the park is a pretty one and so far we have found most of the residents friendly.