• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 Doug and Sheila

Doug and Sheila

• Validated Members
  • 42 posts
  • SKP#:94129

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:15 PM

Escapades have been alternating between Sedalia and Gillette in recent years. I have heard a rumor that they will all be in Gillette from now on. Can anyone confirm that? We are planning on attending the 2013 rally in Gillette but may not be able to make it. We would definitely be there in 2014 if it is held in Gillette.
Doug and Sheila
Fulltime since March, 2007

#2 Bob & Molly

Bob & Molly

Major Contributor

• Validated Members
  • 698 posts
  • SKP#:#73997

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:19 PM

Escapades have been alternating between Sedalia and Gillette in recent years. I have heard a rumor that they will all be in Gillette from now on. Can anyone confirm that? We are planning on attending the 2013 rally in Gillette but may not be able to make it. We would definitely be there in 2014 if it is held in Gillette.

Hi Doug and Sheila,

Thanks for your interest in Escapade and look forward to seeing you there. Escapade will be held in Goshen In. in 2014, and will not return to Gillette for several years. We hope your plans will allow your attendance this year.

Bob

Bob and Molly

www.moonriverandwe.blogspot.com
Two drifters...off to see the world....
SKP #73997

#3 Scottiemom

Scottiemom

Major Contributor

• Validated Members
  • 1211 posts
  • SKP#:81403

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:17 AM

Hi Doug and Sheila,

Thanks for your interest in Escapade and look forward to seeing you there. Escapade will be held in Goshen In. in 2014, and will not return to Gillette for several years. We hope your plans will allow your attendance this year.

Bob

Bob, do you know the dates of the 2014 Goshen Escapade?

Thanks!

Dale

Dale Pace
Wife to Teacher's Pet
Mom to 2 Scotties
Butterscotch and Duchess
2006 Tiffin Phaeton 40' QSH, 4 slides

2004 R-Vision Trail-lite 22' B+
Fulltiming since 2005
http://skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com
http://map.datastorm...3.cfm?user=3912

#4 Bob & Molly

Bob & Molly

Major Contributor

• Validated Members
  • 698 posts
  • SKP#:#73997

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:48 AM

Bob, do you know the dates of the 2014 Goshen Escapade?

Thanks!

Dale

Hi Dale! May 11 - 16, 2014...Let's go to Heinnies?

Hugs!
Molly

Bob and Molly

www.moonriverandwe.blogspot.com
Two drifters...off to see the world....
SKP #73997

#5 Scottiemom

Scottiemom

Major Contributor

• Validated Members
  • 1211 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:48 AM

Hi Dale! May 11 - 16, 2014...Let's go to Heinnies?

Hugs!
Molly

Sounds good to me!

Dale

Dale Pace
Wife to Teacher's Pet
Mom to 2 Scotties
Butterscotch and Duchess
2006 Tiffin Phaeton 40' QSH, 4 slides

2004 R-Vision Trail-lite 22' B+
Fulltiming since 2005
http://skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com

#6 DOTLDaddy

DOTLDaddy

• Validated Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 12:49 PM

Hi Doug and Sheila,

Bob

We, unfortunately, could not attend this years Escapade. :unsure: We are, however, planning on next year! :)  

Is the exact venue known for the 2014 Escapade in Goshen?

Edited by DOTLDaddy, 03 July 2013 - 12:50 PM.

Walter & Garland - Camp Canine caretakers
Gretchen - 9 y.o. GSD

Inga - 4 month old GSD
Missy - GSD/Aussie - Rainbow Bridge, June 11,2006 :(

2011 Silverado, 4x4, Z71, 5.3L, 3.42
2009 KZ Spree 265RL

#7 SWharton

SWharton

Major Contributor

• Validated Members
  • 899 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 04:10 AM

Are these dates correct? Normally, there is a fall Escapade in the East. Are we no longer going to have a Fall Escapade? Please let me know as we normally put the Fall Escapade in our travel schedule.

#8 Kirk

Kirk

Major Contributor

• Weekend Moderators
  • 21107 posts
  • SKP#:60541

Posted 14 August 2013 - 06:39 AM

Since Bob & Molly are the coordinators for Escapade, I would expect that the dates are correct. I checked the website and so far all of the information there is still telling about the one that was last month in Gillette. Nothing at all about the one next year.....

It has been several years since Escapade was held twice in one year. They have been alternating between spring in the east and summer or fall in the west for several years now. There just are not that many locations that have enough RV sites with hook-ups available for the group now days. Most people look for full hook-ups and large venues tend to be all or mostly dry camping.

Good travelin !...............Kirk
Author & Escapee's Magazine contributor
Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers again.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure
dolphins.jpg

#9 SWharton

SWharton

Major Contributor

• Validated Members
  • 899 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 07:09 AM

I wasn't refering to 2 in a year but in the past we would have the Gillette on one year and then a Fall one around in the East the next year. I was questiongin the 2014 dates that have been posted in a previous note........................

#10 nana25k

nana25k

Major Contributor

• Validated Members
  • 3372 posts
  • SKP#:97338

Posted 14 August 2013 - 10:23 AM

The dates are correct and they have always used the fair grounds in Goshen. I have no reason to believe  anything is different for 2014.. It is my understanding that there is a "scoping out process" going on for other venues int he future.. Only time will tell about that.

Ron & Linda

Class of 2007
2000 Monaco Diplomat

2005 Honda Element

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are" Theodore Roosevelt

"We can't control the wind, but we can adjust our sail"

"When man gave up his freedom to roam the earth, he gave up his soul for a conditioned ego that is bound by time and the fear of losing its attachments."

#11 SWharton

SWharton

Major Contributor

• Validated Members
  • 899 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 10:51 AM

I am not questioning Goshen, the Escapade moves around between Sedalia(last year), Goshen and sometimes Van Wert. I am questioning the dates as the eastern Escapade has traditionally been held in the fall and not the spring while the western one, for the last few years, has been held in Gillette in the summer.

#12 Caroart

Caroart

• Validated Members
  • 268 posts
  • SKP#:68448

Posted 17 August 2013 - 10:06 PM

May 11 - 16, 2014  Goshen, IN

Art and Caroline
1999 Int'l 4700LP
2001 Alfa Gold 38RLTES
Our Location

#13 SWharton

SWharton

Major Contributor

• Validated Members
  • 899 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 02:38 AM

Oh well, guess we won't be going this year. Will really miss it. Wonder why they changed from the fall?

#14 Caroart

Caroart

• Validated Members
  • 268 posts
  • SKP#:68448

Posted 18 August 2013 - 10:16 PM

I've wondered that myself.  We won't be there either, just the wrong time of year to be in that part of the country for us.  I don't care for the unstable weather there at that time either.

Art and Caroline
1999 Int'l 4700LP
2001 Alfa Gold 38RLTES
Our Location

#15 teacher's pet

teacher's pet

Major Contributor

• Validated Members
  • 1010 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 05:02 AM

May in Goshen will be a great time, weather can be better than the rainy fall found in Northern Indiana. Also the Elkhart County Fairgrounds in Goshen is a hot spot for rallies often booked years in advance, for the entire season. We have been to the venue for rallies in both the spring and the fall, spring would be a nice start for the Rv season for many non-fulltimers. We did an Rv.net rally in Elkhart County for 5 years straight in April, weather was just a little unsettling, we had 80° heat one year,  temps in the high 30's to mid 40's the next year a week later. Beautiful weather, then snow one year, before rain the next. We'll be there I'm sure, might just warm up a  couple of spots at Heinnies, in Elkhart for Bob & Mollie. But then again there is the Tuesday night $8.99 Prime Rib Special at Dandino's in Goshen.

Teacher's Pet
'06 40' Phaeton QSH 350 Cat.
'04 R-Vision B+ Model 213, 6.0 Chevrolet.
http://www.skoolzout...er.blogspot.com

#16 Dave W

Dave W

Major Contributor

• Validated Members
  • 988 posts
  • SKP#:56442

Posted 19 August 2013 - 07:56 AM

GREAT ! Better than battling the heat to get to Gillette IMOO .
Dave W. KE5GOH
Stuck in the 70's ---
In E. Texas

#17 Ray&Steph

Ray&Steph

• Validated Members
  • 7 posts
  • SKP#:111657

Posted 21 August 2013 - 11:19 AM

We are just back home in Houston following the Forest River Owners Group (FROG) International Rally at the fairgrounds in Goshen, 8/4-10/13.  They have already announced that their 2014 rally will be held there during the first week of August.  Weather was great.  You could actually sit outside and visit, not what we are used to around here.  We had rain during the night twice and one day in the late afternoon there was a tornado warning and we all congregated outside the shower buildings until the "all clear" was sounded.

If your unit is a Forest River product I encourage you to join FROG (it's free) and consider attending this rally.  The price seemed very reasonable, but we are newbies so not the best judge of such.  There were great meals including a sit-down dinner and entertainment.  We met a lot of nice people and learned a lot.  All of which I'm sure will happen when we are able to attend our first Escapade.

What really makes this a different and very worthwhile experience was the service.  Forest River pulls in techs from their factories and they are at the fairgrounds all week providing free service.  I am beyond impressed by their work ethic and dedication to satisfying their customers.  I heard stories of techs identifying and fixing problems that owners had overlooked.  Even heard several people say that the techs visited them just to verify that they really didn't have any issues that needed attention.  They wouldn't accept tips, etc. so the campers contributed to a fund for a party for the techs.

We had a great experience even though our space wasn't really big enough and was adjacent to the train tracks.  We're already planning on going back next August so we probably won't do Escapade next year.  We like Goshen, but don't think we want to go there twice in six months.  Has there ever been an Escapade at the fairgrounds in Rayne, LA?  Chapter 10 had the spring rally there this year, but we weren't able to go.  It's very well located for exploring south Louisiana and when I looked at the website it appears to have enough space to accomodate an Escapade.

#18 2gypsies

2gypsies

Major Contributor

• Validated Members
  • 1008 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 02:13 PM

They not only need to take into account Goshen's weather in May but also RVers getting to Goshen in the first place in tornado country.  Just a thought for the future. They could have excellent weather though...you can't count on the weather, for sure.

Full-timers for 16 Years.; Now Seasonal
2004  Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome

2014 Chevy Equinox
2004 Jeep Liberty - for our fun

#19 Kirk

Kirk

Major Contributor

• Weekend Moderators
  • 21107 posts
  • SKP#:60541

Posted 21 August 2013 - 04:09 PM

Oh well, guess we won't be going this year. Will really miss it. Wonder why they changed from the fall?

There is nothing new to shifting the season that it takes place. For a few years there was one in spring and one in fall, usually the early one was in Goshen or Sedaila, MO and the fall one was out west somewhere. There are several reasons for the choice of places to hold it but one of the major ones is that there just are not many locations with enough full hook-up RV sites to accommodate the numbers of people who want them. They also have requests for spring as well as summer and fall so that also plays into the choices of locations and dates. I suspect that they have to book the venue pretty early in order to get it. The next Escapade dates are May 11 - 17, 2014.

Good travelin !...............Kirk
Author & Escapee's Magazine contributor
Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers again.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure
dolphins.jpg

#20 Ray&Steph

Ray&Steph

• Validated Members
  • 7 posts
  • SKP#:111657

Posted 22 August 2013 - 07:27 AM

We live in tornado, hurricane, and flood country, plus I was raised in the land of earthquakes and forest/grass fires. We plan with those possibilities in mind, but they are not the deciding factor in where we go. There is the potential for natural disaster anywhere and we try to make informed decisions based on current conditions. If we eliminated whole regions based on what "might" happen we'd never get out of the driveway.

Also, for what it's worth, the Forest River rally in Goshen earlier this month had 350+ units and not everybody had full hook-ups. Each site had water and electricity. Forest River provided a pump-out service mid-week to those sites without a sewer connection and there was a dump station as they left the fairgrounds. This didn't seem to be a problem for anyone.

I expect we'll be in Goshen every year for one rally or another. It's relatively close to Chicago where we have family. I also hope to spend some time in Fort Wayne where they have one of the top genealogy libraries in the country. Thanks for mentioning some of the local restaurants. I'm making a list.